Craig Bellamy: Bulldogs prepare mega deal for Melbourne Storm coach

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there is white-anting going on, that is a serious problem.
I wouldn't call it white-anting as such but they just need to keep their mouths shut to the media. They can't help themselves.

Malla

Reaction score
I don't think this will happen, but it's something the club needs. If not Bellamy then somebody of the same caliber.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me mate it’s struggling to pass the smell test. As others have pointed out the source of the article but the other two things that leapt out:

1) Why would existing sponsors tip in an extra mil? How do they get this supposed investment back?

2) The Storm allegedly not standing in Bellyache’s way ‘due to his achievements in Melbourne’ - first they would want to be compensated for letting him go a year early and it leaves them a pretty short runway to find another coach for 2021.

No doubt the coaching is being discussed and there’s various things on the boil, but this - large grain of salt for me at this point. We’ll see.
Spot on,
It doesn’t pass the pub test. Bellamy may well have held “informal talks” with a Bulldogs insider (as he has with the Dragons)to gauge interest.... that’s it.
Bellamy will be the face of the new Brisbane franchise.
Another irrelevant News Ltd “Bulldogs” headline solely for revenue purposes only.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Serious question. If someone who is in some way part of the internal operations is saying stuff to the media that results in some form of destabilisation, what would you call it, if not white-anting?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to me, It looks like certain individuals at the club are fed up with the inactivity or inability to recruit... so they are starting to drop headlines to make waves in order the get the board to start moving....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Serious question. If someone who is in some way part of the internal operations is saying stuff to the media that results in some form of destabilisation, what would you call it, if not white-anting?
They aren't part of internal operations anymore but they were and they still have a very close connection to the Leagues Club board.

They just like big noting themselves thinking they have inside info more then anything mischievous. I know this is where the Latrell stuff came from last year.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They aren't part of internal operations anymore but they were and they still have a very close connection to the Leagues Club board.

They just like big noting themselves thinking they have inside info more then anything mischievous. I know this is where the Latrell stuff came from last year.
Would it be fair to say that they are big noting themselves in ways that could result in similar effects as white-anting?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the club leaking fake news so they can then release statements and try and stay relevant lol.
I knew it was a bs article it didn't state that Andrew Hill flew down to Melbourne to have tea will bellamy

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spit? Damn. This new generation and making things easy for themselves. I say continue through the pain. No need for lubrication
Agree just use the vacuum cleaner, never gets tired especially when your pissed and in for the long haul.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even if they are looking at him ( which I hope is true) coming out with a statement saying "no one at the club" has approached him doesn't mean something is not happening. That said , would be shocked if he choose us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say that they are big noting themselves in ways that could result in similar effects as white-anting?
Yeah that's fair. They aren't putting it out there to deliberately destabilise the club though which I think is white anting.

They just need to zip it and keep stuff in house and there won't be a problem.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Again why does everyone think Ben Anderson will be coach?
Hilarious isn’t it?

It’s been a claim spun on this forum ever since Anderson toppled Dib for power. Apparently their key motive is to get Ben into the head coaching gig :tearsofjoy:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Club states that its not happening.
This means it probably is...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Bellyache. We have a great coach in Dean Pay who has the potential to eclipse anything Bellamy has ever achieved by several orders of magnitude.