Cowboys half Tom Duffy rules out Bulldogs defection

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gladstone
And you love it there? I have only very vague memories of gladstone from when i first did the east coast run. I think it was a sunday as there was tumbleweeds down the street. Haha
Do you work in the mines or on boats?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the Cowboys know this (because you just blabbed about it to the media) and will only you offer you $150k a season because they know you are locked in. The Tigers offer you $800k (because they always overpay) and you say nope, staying with the Cowboys, I don't think so. Extreme examples for sure but at some point the money differential is too great and your manager/parents/agent tell you your are an effwhit not to take it.

Loyalty has a price and I respect loyalty, but there is a limit.

Always a Bulldog
If your born and bred in sydney you wouldnt understand why someone from up here would not want to trade their lifestyle here for hectic, shit sydney life. I have lived in both, and would never live in a big city like it again. Cant stand it!!
As for the money argument, yeah thats an extreme example. If a club was offering 800k, theres every chance the cowboys would be offering similar coin. At least close to it. You seem to think that the cowboys would just fleece him and not pay hi. Anywhere near what he might some day be worth. I dont think this would be the case at all.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And you love it there? I have only very vague memories of gladstone from when i first did the east coast run. I think it was a sunday as there was tumbleweeds down the street. Haha
Do you work in the mines or on boats?
Yeah its not too bad. Main street is always like that mainly because the eateries are shit there and the nightclub/good eateries and nice parks are further down the street and another area right next to the water. Nah neither

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not too bad. Main street is always like that mainly because the eateries are shit there and the nightclub/good eateries and nice parks are further down the street and another area right next to the water. Nah neither
Townsville main centre is looking poorly these days. Many shops are closed and few people in the street.
I was recently interviewed there by a TV crew doing vox pops. Told them I wasn't a local; they said no worries as they couldn't find many people to talk to.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If your born and bred in sydney you wouldnt understand why someone from up here would not want to trade their lifestyle here for hectic, shit sydney life. I have lived in both, and would never live in a big city like it again. Cant stand it!!
As for the money argument, yeah thats an extreme example. If a club was offering 800k, theres every chance the cowboys would be offering similar coin. At least close to it. You seem to think that the cowboys would just fleece him and not pay hi. Anywhere near what he might some day be worth. I dont think this would be the case at all.
Yes, I absolutely believe that the Cowboys would (and will given the opportunity) underpay him compared to what he could earn elsewhere. They would be farkin stupid if they didn’t, there is no doubt, the first question is how much would they underpay him. The second question is how much underpayment would he and his agent/manager be prepared to accept.

It’s almost a daily occurrence (yesterday says hello) where players get forced to make the decision to move from their “home team” due to underpayment. No team is immune from that.

Always a Bulldog

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I absolutely believe that the Cowboys would (and will given the opportunity) underpay him compared to what he could earn elsewhere. They would be farkin stupid if they didn’t, there is no doubt, the first question is how much would they underpay him. The second question is how much underpayment would he and his agent/manager be prepared to accept.

It’s almost a daily occurrence (yesterday says hello) where players get forced to make the decision to move from their “home team” due to underpayment. No team is immune from that.

Always a Bulldog
This is also the nature of the cap though. Teams that dont nurture and produce their own, generally have to pay more for established talent. This doesnt mean the junior club would be ripping them off.