Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, there are some factors to keep in mind:

1) Side effects include headaches. If there is a long term side effect it'll likely be brain related. At this stage no permanent brain damage has been found though so very unlikely

2) Vaccines have been tested on a large array of people. Hundreds of thousands of people from all different walks of life. There is always a chance that the vaccine will have a different effect on someone who has a genetic condition that wasn't tested during the vaccine trials. Still very, very low percentage risk though

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The main concern right now, and the thing that hasn't been sufficiently tested, it how much an effect it will have on transmission. The prediction is that it'll reduce transmission between 50% - 100%. But we don't know for sure. So it's possible it could not reduce transmission at all. If that's the case then it's kind of pointless for young, healthy people to get the vaccine. It will still reduce your risk but it'll reduce your risk from a very small amount to a slightly smaller amount.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
So many people live their lives confined by their own imaginary fences confining their own freedom with fear dare to take a step into the mystery of life the abyss where your free and have no boundaries

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eventually... not comfortable with the speed of development and still unsure about it's effectiveness particularly with other future strains - don't want to be taking multiple new vaccines every 3 or 6 months. Like to wait as long as possible as any side effects will take some time to show and probably even longer to be acknowledged.

It will probably get to a point where I won't be allowed to do anything without it, so that will probably dictate when I do get it.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Eventually... not comfortable with the speed of development and still unsure about it's effectiveness particularly with other future strains - don't want to be taking multiple new vaccines every 3 or 6 months. Like to wait as long as possible as any side effects will take some time to show and probably even longer to be acknowledged.

It will probably get to a point where I won't be allowed to do anything without it, so that will probably dictate when I do get it.
That's just accountable resonance like quite simply intellegance or intellect flows from reason or vice versa what is the right thing to do I believe it's vaccinating because the children are the future not you

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on this? Saw it shared this morning so I asked a friend of mine whose a head nurse at a hospital on the Gold Coast if the claims were BS or not - apparently the post is correct and the needle gauge could not be used for a vaccination..
I asked a mate who's a nurse with about 14 years experience, this was his reply:

The person posting does have a point, however not entirely correct.

The needle used ie: the orange bit is mainly used for what we call sub cut injections. The most common use for these needles is diabetics injecting insulin. The bit about drug users is true but not the main use for injections into the vein in a hospital. Junkies will use whatever they can.

She is right in saying it is usually a different needle used for vaccines as they go into the muscle or called IM injections. However the orange needle can do this as well.

C-19 vaccine is a new type called nMRA vaccine - I believe it uses less volume than normal so that may affect the needle required too.
As a front line health care worker I’m getting my first one next week, so i'll let you know after that.

You might remember a similar story in QLD last year when Anastasia was given a fake flu vaccine, I think because she'd already had it but they still wanted the photo op.

It sounds like the poster has an agenda and may be trying to create trouble. They should be careful. Health care workers can get in trouble with that sort of thing as APRHA (our national registering body) states all nurses must adhere to science based evidence and being seen to / promoting anti-vax sentiments can get you de-registered.

To be clear: The PM was given the same vaccine as the other 120 million doses already administered across the world which so far have shown good to very good outcomes with very little adverse reactions...just like all other vaccines.

If any one still has doubts my advice is talk to their doctor - research recognised institutions, medical journals and government websites which publish their findings there too. Take anything you see on social media with a large grain of salt.

Last edited:

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score

That's just accountable resonance like quite simply intellegance or intellect flows from reason or vice versa what is the right thing to do I believe it's vaccinating because the children are the future not you
I asked a mate who's a nurse with about 14 years experience, this was his reply:

The needle used ie: the orange bit you see is mainly used for what we call sub cut injections. The most common use for these needles is when diabetics need to inject insulin. The bit about drug users is true but not the main use for injections into the vein in a hospital. Junkies will use whatever they can.

She is right in saying it is usually a different needle used for vaccines as they go into the muscle or called IM injections. However the orange needle can do this as well.

C-19 vaccine is a new type called nMRA vaccine - I believe it uses less volume than normal so that may affect the needle required too.
As a front line health care worker I’m getting my first one next week, so i'll let you know after that.

You might remember a similar story in QLD last year when Anastasia was given a fake flu vaccine, I think because she'd already had it but they still wanted the photo op.

It sounds to me like the person posting has a bit of an agenda and is perhaps trying to create trouble. They should be careful. Health care workers can get in trouble with that sort of thing as APRHA (our national registering body) states all nurses must adhere to scientific based evidence and being seen to and promoting anti-vax sentiments can get you de-registered.

To be clear: The PM was given the same vaccine as the other 120 million doses already administered across the world which so far have shown good to very good outcomes with very little adverse reactions...just like all other vaccines.

If any one still has doubts my advice is talk to their doctor - research recognised institutions, medical journals and government websites which publish their findings there too. Take anything you see on social media with a large grain of salt.
One team one dream

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score

The needle used ie: the orange bit you see is mainly used for what we call sub cut injections. The most common use for these needles is when diabetics need to inject insulin. The bit about drug users is true but not the main use for injections into the vein in a hospital. Junkies will use whatever they can.

It sounds to me like the person posting has a bit of an agenda and is perhaps trying to create trouble. They should be careful. Health care workers can get in trouble with that sort of thing as APRHA (our national registering body) states all nurses must adhere to scientific based evidence and being seen to and promoting anti-vax sentiments can get you de-registered.

One team one dream
I'm going to take one for the team what will be will be

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would recommend everyone talk to their doctor before taking it. I'll take it myself asap as I'm aware of the side effects (which there's barely any) and there has been over 200 million people who have received the vaccine with 0 deaths and 0 long term side effects linked to the vaccine.

So personally I think that's enough safety testing for me. But as I said, discuss it with your Doctor and follow your doctor's advice.
I thought there were a few deaths from people having taken the vaccine?

I don't think we know the longer term side effects yet. We can't possibly know it's safe without longer term tests? It's been rushed.

People that have recovered from covid say they have long term sting in the tail conditions from the disease. If the covid virus is so lethal and damaging, with millions dead, International borders shut, masks mandatory, people fighting over toilet roles etc etc but now the vaccine is not harmful? like a warm cup of milk?

As far as we know the anti bodies could knock out a year of your life putting great strain on your liver, heart, stomach etc. Create cancers or attack red blood cells?

There has been no Information, only there is a vaccine and it's safe.. tell us more I say. Alot more

If the vaccine (or antibodies) stays in your system long term, then there is potential for harm. If it doesnt stay in your system long, then it won't protect you.

There no way of knowing if it's safe. Having the vaccine now is like getting married to some girl you met in Las Vegas one drunken night, hoping it will work out well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah. There was a bunch of deaths that the media linked to the Covid vaccine. It was later found to just be old people dying of old age.

I don't think we know the longer term side effects yet. We can't possibly know it's safe without longer term tests? It's been rushed.

People that have recovered from covid say they have long term sting in the tail conditions from the disease. If the covid virus is so lethal and damaging, with millions dead, International borders shut, masks mandatory, people fighting over toilet roles etc etc but now the vaccine is not harmful? like a warm cup of milk?

As far as we know the anti bodies could knock out a year of your life putting great strain on your liver, heart, stomach etc. Create cancers or attack red blood cells?
That's not how vaccines or anti-bodies work. Vaccines activate the immune system to combat the virus, but you're not actually exposed to the virus. It is the virus that primarily does the damage. The anti-bodies are the things that you create to protect you from future virus infection. There is one exception. A cytokine storm. That's when your immune system goes overboard and attacks itself. That's another reason why the vaccine is vital. As it's designed to mimic a weaker version of the virus, it's a much lower chance of having a cytokine storm.

There has been no Information, only there is a vaccine and it's safe.. tell us more I say. Alot more
All information is publicly available

If the vaccine (or antibodies) stays in your system long term, then there is potential for harm. If it doesnt stay in your system long, then it won't protect you.
Again, anti-bodies don't cause damage. If the anti-bodies don't stay in your system then you have no immunity and the vaccine didn't work.

There no way of knowing if it's safe. Having the vaccine now is like getting married to some girl you met in Las Vegas one drunken night, hoping it will work out well.
You make that sound like a bad thing.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also if you take the jab on the balance of risk etc, how can you force your child to have it.. let's say there are long term issues , that person has had no consideration and left to wear it.. the law suits will come

They said it was safe? And you believed em will be the derense, it wasnt mandatory.

Do you need to sign a waiver when taking the jab?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's hyperbole mate, seriously!

Let me guess, you would comfortably take an overseas holiday trusting the pilot, the ground crew, the bloke that designed the plane, the lowest bidding company that built it, the flight crew, the air traffic controllers, all other pilots and planes on or near your flight path, the person sitting next to you, your travel agent and the Russians not to shoot you down?

But someone says vaccine and you're all "cannot trust anyone". Apply some logic please.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also if you take the jab on the balance of risk etc, how can you force your child to have it.. let's say there are long term issues , that person has had no consideration and left to wear it.. the law suits will come

They said it was safe? And you believed em will be the derense, it wasnt mandatory.

Do you need to sign a waiver when taking the jab?
Have you ever had small pox? Polio? Vaccines work.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Science protocols have been dismissed to get this vaccine approved, how can they all of a sudden do proper testing without doing proper testing?

I wish Australia post could work out a way to deliver parcels with some decent speed?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a prime example of the problems of misinformation. Loud people on the internet spread misinformation. Even if you don't believe it, it gives you reason to doubt. That doubt builds. Next thing you know you're saying stuff like "anti-bodies are dangerous" because you don't know better. Not your fault, it's a complex science. In fact, immunology is more complex than pretty much every other science out there including astrophysics.

But the problem is the doubt through exposure to misinformation. In 1959 the WHO put forward a plan for eradication of Smallpox. It took time but it worked because people trusted the authorities. They took the vaccine and they wiped out the virus. Try the same thing now days and you have people marching down the street ranting about how it's not safe. Not because they are anti-vaxxers. Because they have been fed just enough misinformation for them to doubt that everything is above board. To doubt the medical authorities when they say it's safe. It's that hint of doubt that causes all the damage.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Science protocols have been dismissed to get this vaccine approved, how can they all of a sudden do proper testing without doing proper testing?

I wish Australia post could work out a way to deliver parcels with some decent speed?
There was a bit of a change to the testing regime. The human testing was around the same amount of time as normal vaccine testing. There was two things that were rushed:

1) Animal testing. Usually this goes on for years before beginning the human testing. No one died so it turned out to be ok to skip this part. We got lucky there but no one died

2) The approval process. This usually takes a long time. The approval process was rushed

With a normal vaccine human testing takes between 6 months to 2 years. So this was perfectly in line with the other vaccine testing. Approval process can take much longer. That part was rushed.

But in general terms to vaccine development, a 5-10 year cycle is:

- 3-6 years of animal testing

- 0.5-2 years of human testing

- 1-4 years of trying to convince the authorities to approve the vaccine

This vaccine took:

- 0 years of animal testing

- 6 months of testing

- 4-6 months of approval (concurrent with testing, varying depending on country)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also important to note that Australia is far behind other countries in vaccine distribution because our approval process took longer than all other countries.