• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Take the anticipated absolute effects. This is not the actual results, this is the predicted results based on Ivermectin helping when you compare the affected against other groups (control, non-treated, etc)

In this case, 9.6% absolute risk with Placebo, or 5.8% for with Ivermectin. In an ideal world of it all worked, that would be the results.

Now we take the relative risk, which is the risk and balance that against the absolute risk for a more likely absolute risk. Then we take the likelihood that the results can be trusted (in this case, very low) and come an absolute conclusion based on the extrapolated and calculated data. The result is the conclusions provided at the end of each row in the table.
but how do they derive this anticipated absolute effects number?, don't they just take the actual results and present it per 1000?, lets say 5 people died out of 86 using ivermectin, they translate it to 58 per 1000 so you can compare it to the results of not doing ivermectin

so in other words i was absolutely correct in using the percentages, they represent the actual results and you are just a nutcase

and yes the relative risk is simply the difference between ivermectin and nothing, there is no complicated method to get to that number and there is no reason to say that i should have used it

but by all means i can go through each of the stats and do it with the relative risks instead, for example you are 3 times more likely to be cleared of covid within 7 days if you have mild symptoms and use ivermectin, maybe thats why joe rogan took ivermectin, he must have seen this report of yours

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You reckon that’s truckie related?
Both Coles and Woolies have publicly said they are down on staff due to isolation requirements of staff in various circumstances and they expect to catch up in a day or two. I can’t call it either way because my local is being renovated and it’s kinda normal right now for certain stocks to be depleted while they put new shelves and fridges etc in. Or you reckon truckies aren’t delivering and it’s a PR spin thing?
Who knows my bro. The MSM is as believable as Facebook these days...

Did the truckies even strike like they said?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows my bro. The MSM is as believable as Facebook these days...

Did the truckies even strike like they said?
Don’t think so. More sensationalist crap.
Everyone is just chasing clicks now because that’s where the almighty dollar layeth…

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Look. The primary (and main weight) here is the confidence in results. And it's all very low confidence. This is why you can't cherry pick data and read it out of context.

This is why they provide a plain English summary stating:

"We found no evidence to support the use of ivermectin for treating or preventing COVID‐19 infection, but the evidence base is limited.

Evaluation of ivermectin is continuing in 31 ongoing studies, and we will update this review with their results when they become available"
ok so there is very low confidence in this report of yours and they will apparently continue these studies, thats all good and of course im highly supportive of that but what is the evidence that ivermectin doesn't work or doesn't at least help?

they have made that decision in the mainstream media and have gone into 100% attack mode to discredit it, i wonder what is the evidence they have?, if this is the evidence then it is self fulfilling evidence VIA non evidence and the case should remain open

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
*NRL doesnt want to look for evidence that the Roosters are cheating the cap*

NRL "we found no evidence that the roosters are cheating the cap"

Rooster Fans "see, we are under the cap"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
but how do they derive this anticipated absolute effects number?, don't they just take the actual results and present it per 1000?, lets say 5 people died out of 86 using ivermectin, they translate it to 58 per 1000 so you can compare it to the results of not doing ivermectin

so in other words i was absolutely correct in using the percentages, they represent the actual results and you are just a nutcase

and yes the relative risk is simply the difference between ivermectin and nothing, there is no complicated method to get to that number and there is no reason to say that i should have used it

but by all means i can go through each of the stats and do it with the relative risks instead, for example you are 3 times more likely to be cleared of covid within 7 days if you have mild symptoms and use ivermectin, maybe thats why joe rogan took ivermectin, he must have seen this report of yours
Did you just answer your own question and answer it incorrectly?

They take the results and alter it based on assumptions as the comparison is not equal. Different testing methods, different variables, and limited data. So assumptions are made and confidence is applied to those assumptions. In this case, very low confidence.

Basically, it's mainly guessing as the data is too limited. But even with guessing you can't get enough data to come to a conclusion.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok so there is very low confidence in this report of yours and they will apparently continue these studies, thats all good and of course im highly supportive of that but what is the evidence that ivermectin doesn't work or doesn't at least help?

they have made that decision in the mainstream media and have gone into 100% attack mode to discredit it, i wonder what is the evidence they have?, if this is the evidence then it is self fulfilling evidence VIA non evidence and the case should remain open
That's like saying, "what is the evidence Bigfoot and the lochness monster didn't mate?"

A lack of evidence is not evidence.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue with Ivermectin is:

1) there's no evidence it works

2) it's being used as a substitute for things that do work (I don't need a vaccine, I'll use horse drugs)

3) it could potentially interfere with other treatments (could inhibit the immune system from fighting Covid-19)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The issue with Ivermectin is:

1) there's no evidence it works

2) it's being used as a substitute for things that do work (I don't need a vaccine, I'll use horse drugs)

3) it could potentially interfere with other treatments (could inhibit the immune system from fighting Covid-19)
The only horse drug humans should take is Ketamine.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That's like saying, "what is the evidence Bigfoot and the lochness monster didn't mate?"

A lack of evidence is not evidence.
but it is evidence that it doesn't work according to the media, they straight up say it doesn't work

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
but it is evidence that it doesn't work according to the media, they straight up say it doesn't work
Some. I had a look through and all I could find was articles from AP News and Forbes saying that Doctors said it doesn't work (even though the Doctors didn't say that), but all other articles seem to just say it's "unproven"

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Did you just answer your own question and answer it incorrectly?

They take the results and alter it based on assumptions as the comparison is not equal. Different testing methods, different variables, and limited data. So assumptions are made and confidence is applied to those assumptions. In this case, very low confidence.

Basically, it's mainly guessing as the data is too limited. But even with guessing you can't get enough data to come to a conclusion.
so why did you even bring it up?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Some. I had a look through and all I could find was articles from AP News and Forbes saying that Doctors said it doesn't work (even though the Doctors didn't say that), but all other articles seem to just say it's "unproven"
oh please they are in full attack mode bringing up the dangers, saying it can kill you, labelling it a horse drug, total coordinated hitjob from the media

all the unproven articles have a negative slant

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s weird bro. I’m from Camden LGA. Spring farm woolies was stripped bare this morning. 5 mins down the road at Narellan woolies was fine.
My bro is in the Camden LGA too, Gregory Hills and Oran Park Coles and Woolies stripped bare as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.