Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Certain nurses i know are starting to shit me with we are heros and we are on " the frontline" nah sorry you got more chances getting covid at mcdonalds , and yeah most people in every industry have been short staffed and worked long days .fair enough if you were in places like new york when there was no vaccine and bodies piling up fair enough .but you aint , like my dick head brother in law gets snarky when people dont thank him " for his service" dude you play video games and get payed on a ship dont try to compare yourself to someone whos been in a battlefield and seen his mates get shredded by a land mine.
Rant over ....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It is a Covid thread after all and the Argue Here Covid thread was separated off so that Covid could be discussed in this one....I assumed the other side of the issue is allowed to be discussed.

Mostly its holidays and masturbation in here anyway.

Mr 95% makes the most relevent contribution each day and even he gets criticised for that on occasion.

It's all just someone else's harmless opinion after all... on how ALL of our lives are being decided and managed by Govt policy.

I didn't sign up for Morrison and Perrottet's LetItRip way of handling this pandemic when they changed course....and now have had to bring back most of the restrictions anyway after the horse has bolted.

If some are that upset to see articles challenging the Govts handling of Covid and health care, then Blocking me should easily put you out of your misery.

(Will still love and appreciate my fellow diverse and opinionated Bulldogs supporters).

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I honestly think the best way is to ignore it.
We can get on with life whilst being cautious. I come on here for a chat with mates & to laugh at a couple of the bedwetters but am really not getting worked up about covid. What’s the point hey
Yep the more we worry about numbers and not going out anywhere the more it can fuck off. It has lost my interest until yeah I probably get it then I’ll try and manage it and that’s that.

Also edit I scored tickets at the SCG through a mates dad to a corporate box for the 6ers and Thunder so fully catered free drinks all night im going. Fuck Covid

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep the more we worry about numbers and not going out anywhere the more it can fuck off. It has lost my interest until yeah I probably get it then I’ll try and manage it and that’s that.

Also edit I scored tickets at the SCG through a mates dad to a corporate box for the 6ers and Thunder so fully catered free drinks all night im going. Fuck Covid
Nah i like the numbers can say to the mrs nah i dont want to risk the shops .....instead jump on the bike grab a 6 pack and ill be spending the arvo sitting here ruining the instagram whores" special shot"
images (1).jpeg

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So a few issues I are off the top of my head with the case numbers. We know some people don’t get tested or won’t report positive tests.

As the app became live yesterday it’s reporting almost two weeks of positive cases. Some people take a dozen tests a day, are they reporting each positive reading to avoid a (non-enforceable) $1000 fine?
People take a RAT then PCR so more duplication.
If you falsely claim a positive RAT result you may get a week off work and a $750 payment from the government.

I’m sure there’s plenty more but a box of endone and two bottles of vodka aren’t helping with my headache

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My missus and daughter have been up at her parents place in the Central Coast. She saw her brother, he was a bit sick and they later found out he ended up having Covid. His missus was just as sick but she tested negative twice.

They were around her brother for only a few hours and both got it. They've been staying at her parents for 5 days but her Mum doesn't have it somehow..

Now she has to stay up there for 7 plus days with a minor cold. The whole thing is ridiculous. If someone who tests positive doesn't give it to people around them but who are just as sick, then who cares about Covid at this point?

Everyone should be told to stop testing. Don't report figures. Stop obsessing over it and tell anyone who's has obvious symptoms to stay at home for a few days. Not a 7 day isolation period from when you test positive. And then an isolation period for everyone they've come into contact with etc..

We're 97% vaccinated and have eradicated it to a common cold. And it's stil dominating our lives 3 years later. How much longer will governments around the world keep these bullshit rules in place? Just stop testing, stop mentioning the word Covid and can we finally get back to living life???
100% mate. I’ve held this belief quite a while now and more people seem to be getting that way also. It’s just become an obsession for some and hard to let go. This isn’t living. I don’t give a fuck who criticises me but I won’t be getting tested unless I need to when I re-enter or leave Australia. If I’m sick I’ll do the right thing and avoid people but life must go on

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Government have totally lost control of testing facilities and testing availability, reporting of case numbers and now threaten a $1000 fine, businesses failing, hospitals cancelling all but life threatening operations, logistics of food and now child vaccines, and effectively virtually all meaningful management of the pandemic atm.

There is a growing but strong demand in socials for a Royal Commission by many Australians into the handling of this
failure.

^Some in The Kennel go into meltdown^ :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% mate. I’ve held this belief quite a while now and more people seem to be getting that way also. It’s just become an obsession for some and hard to let go. This isn’t living. I don’t give a fuck who criticises me but I won’t be getting tested unless I need to when I re-enter or leave Australia. If I’m sick I’ll do the right thing and avoid people but life must go on
Yeah it's absurd. My daughter starts Kindy in a few weeks and I just know most of it will be done by home schooling. Which means we'll have to work less and lose money and she misses out on a proper school experience which is important for her social and mental development...

Yeah I won't get tested either. Just stay at home for a few days and get on with life. Two plus years is enough suffering for something that isn't even deadly or that harmful anymore now that we're vaccinated and Omicron is weaker.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Government have totally lost control of testing facilities and testing availability, reporting of case numbers and now threaten a $1000 fine, businesses failing, hospitals cancelling all but life threatening operations, logistics of food and now child vaccines, and effectively virtually all meaningful management of the pandemic atm.

There is a growing but strong demand in socials for a Royal Commission by many Australians into the handling of this
failure.

^Some in The Kennel go into meltdown^ :grinning:
Were people outraged when they were getting free money off the govt? Now they cant get a few tests and dont understand of riding something out for a few weeks and are jumping up and down. Yes its a bit of a shit fight and things could of been done different not disputing that but it is what it is.
Its not for ever and considering other places around the world australia has had it pretty good ( maybe not victoria) big deal shops are short on a few items its not like we are lining up for 8 hrs to get a bag of rice and a jug of dirty water i cant go back to work yet because its a bit of a shit fight big deal loose a few weeks wages not the first time in this pandemic my biggest problem is keeping a few cans cold to ride to a destination .
My guilty pleasure is having the odd look on nsw health twitter and watching the " outrage" with a coffee maybe these people should grab a coffee go down the water front ,park, beach , whaterever take a deep breath and remember its not for ever it ,will die down in a few weeks and life can go back to normal and they can go back to shamming celebrities who said something they didnt like in 1984 and crying theres not enough no binary clothing apparel .
It will pass

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah it's absurd. My daughter starts Kindy in a few weeks and I just know most of it will be done by home schooling. Which means we'll have to work less and lose money and she misses out on a proper school experience which is important for her social and mental development...

Yeah I won't get tested either. Just stay at home for a few days and get on with life. Two plus years is enough suffering for something that isn't even deadly or that harmful anymore now that we're vaccinated and Omicron is weaker.
If the teachers union get their way she’ll graduate high school without having actually attended a day of school. It’s sad.
I hope she gets to go mate. It’s very important as you’ve said.

We muck around criticising people but at the end of the day it’s a once in a 100 year global pandemic and everyone has been making decisions on the run. We need to get on with normal life and stop listening to the loud and annoying minority carrying on because they can’t get free tests, free this free that. I also worry about all the people who have avoided the doctor for more serious illnesses and conditions

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry you take that out if it mate :(

Firstly I post stuff I think is relevant and also.... if its funny or amusing.

The handling of this Covid situation is the biggest political stuff up our country is facing but I understand a lot don't want to acccurately analyze the situation.

I see every Govt policy in a political light.
The way to look at it, is that if you cant do significantly better in the position of PM, then stop knifing them.

In a population of 26M you are bound to not please everyone on every issue known to mankind. Its not like the PM owns Learjets and lives in 64M homes. He is in public office in the toughest job, without the luxury of living the life of a common person, and earns peanuts compared to celebrities or many company top jobs.

Give the pollies a break FFS.

Its not like they go out of their way to make your life a misery.. Far out

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certain nurses i know are starting to shit me with we are heros and we are on " the frontline" nah sorry you got more chances getting covid at mcdonalds , and yeah most people in every industry have been short staffed and worked long days .fair enough if you were in places like new york when there was no vaccine and bodies piling up fair enough .but you aint , like my dick head brother in law gets snarky when people dont thank him " for his service" dude you play video games and get payed on a ship dont try to compare yourself to someone whos been in a battlefield and seen his mates get shredded by a land mine.
Rant over ....
Ive been meaning to post something like this for a while but have refrained due to potential backlash and been seen as insensitive or unappreciative.

No doubt they have done a great job last couple of years, but its fair to say the medical processes and operational efficiencies of hospitals needs an overhaul as it is clearly not working as well as it can be. Similarly to how a review was done after the Lindt massacre and found issues with the way tactical response teams operated.

The time to do this in not right now however. Maybe once we learn to live with the virus and things settle down.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.