Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We're still going to have a large enough number of unvaxxed and there's still a lot of sentiment that some people feel they were coerced into getting their first shot of the vaccine, so as a show of "defiance" they're going to refuse the 2nd dose.

Little do these people realise, that while yes there may have been a significant portion breaking lockdown laws, still to an effective enough degree lockdowns have worked, e.g shopping centres used to be a congregation area, it wasn't under lockdown laws. Hence it was these lockdown regulations protecting the unvaxxed and keeping covid at bay

Once December 1st comes to pass (I personally don't believe we're going to reach the 90% mark because of above stated reasons), we will open up even further. Shopping centres will be open for Christmas shopping, family Christmas dinners have the potential to be super spreader events

We're not out of this yet, we're coming up to the stage that a lot of the southern US states are going through with high hopsitalisations of the unvaxxed population
I'm convinced there won't be restrictions on the unvaxxed. I think this talk just forces people to vax asap.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone that is a little hesitant or anxious about the Pfizer got my second yesterday and didn’t feel one thing after. Next day today feel fine. Was getting sick of people telling me ohhh after your second you will feel shit for three days. Do have a sore arm though..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't care about wearing masks or checking in tbh
They don't really bother me, the whole mask when leaving front door was pretty stupid when you are nowhere near people, for sure public transport, shopping centres, airports,
Churches, but outdoors nah, the check in helps with contact tracing and warnings, so even though I don't think it's a bad thing. The whole mask check in an testing will be here for a while ,I can't see Australia ditching those things in the next 2 years.
Just keep an eye on Portugal They are at 85% vaccination and dropped all restrictions hope it works

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They don't really bother me, the whole mask when leaving front door was pretty stupid when you are nowhere near people, for sure public transport, shopping centres, airports,
Churches, but outdoors nah, the check in helps with contact tracing and warnings, so even though I don't think it's a bad thing. The whole mask check in an testing will be here for a while ,I can't see Australia ditching those things in the next 2 years.
Just keep an eye on Portugal They are at 85% vaccination and dropped all restrictions hope it works
Dr Norman Swan also says we should be looking at Portugal as the closest country to compare to us, and how they manage from now on.

We are very adapt at using QR code up here now. Like second nature when entering premises etc.

It will eventually work out. Has to.
I'm just hoping vulnerable are vaxxed wherever possible and hospitals and medical staff can cope with influx till it settles down.
But we should all be made fully aware of the possible tough times, and increased deaths, ahead.

Emphasis by media outlets and Govt seems to be freedom and party time, back to normal, rather than measured, sensible response by the public with the need to accept there will probably still be remedial measures needed to stop the health system being overrun.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're still going to have a large enough number of unvaxxed and there's still a lot of sentiment that some people feel they were coerced into getting their first shot of the vaccine, so as a show of "defiance" they're going to refuse the 2nd dose.

Little do these people realise, that while yes there may have been a significant portion breaking lockdown laws, still to an effective enough degree lockdowns have worked, e.g shopping centres used to be a congregation area, it wasn't under lockdown laws. Hence it was these lockdown regulations protecting the unvaxxed and keeping covid at bay

Once December 1st comes to pass (I personally don't believe we're going to reach the 90% mark because of above stated reasons), we will open up even further. Shopping centres will be open for Christmas shopping, family Christmas dinners have the potential to be super spreader events

We're not out of this yet, we're coming up to the stage that a lot of the southern US states are going through with high hopsitalisations of the unvaxxed population
The Mrs put Sky News on last night, 'cause she likes to laugh at them. But they had the usual bunch (Rowan Dean, Corey Bernadi, etc) and one opposition to play devil's advocate (can't remember who it was)

Rowan Dean was still pushing Sweden. Saying that Sweden is proof that Australia screwed up by using lockdowns. The opposition said, "14,000 Swedish died. That's equivalent to 28,000 Australians dying. In the US where they used soft and mixed lockdowns, the equivalent of 60,000 Australians have died. In Australia we have around 1,000 dead. There's no doubt lockdowns saved lives"

Then they all started laughing at him and the Mrs changed the channel so I didn't get to see the rest.

I did hear something that I did expect though. Rowan Dean admitted that the virus is a lot more deadly than the flu.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm convinced there won't be restrictions on the unvaxxed. I think this talk just forces people to vax asap.
Yep. Its just a delay. By the end of the year, the unvaxxed will have the same freedoms as everyone else.

When emergency laws expire there's nothing the government can do. But if we don't reach 90% vaccinated and death rates start soaring, then the government can extend emergency laws and put restrictions back in place, with heavier restrictions on unvaccinated.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. Its just a delay. By the end of the year, the unvaxxed will have the same freedoms as everyone else.

When emergency laws expire there's nothing the government can do. But if we don't reach 90% vaccinated and death rates start soaring, then the government can extend emergency laws and put restrictions back in place, with heavier restrictions on unvaccinated.
So all these procedures for check in ect which are largely ignored by anti-vaxxers are only for a few weeks? Till December nsw will hit 90% slowly but with people holding undecided the fucking retards just gave them a date? Fuck me dead.
Will airlines scrap that rule from 1st December or double down. South Australia stated no double vaxxed are entering after they hit 80% but yet you can go to church and outdoor pool unvaxxed, was a simple road map they put out at the start why the fuck are they complicating it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Mrs put Sky News on last night, 'cause she likes to laugh at them. But they had the usual bunch (Rowan Dean, Corey Bernadi, etc) and one opposition to play devil's advocate (can't remember who it was)

Rowan Dean was still pushing Sweden. Saying that Sweden is proof that Australia screwed up by using lockdowns. The opposition said, "14,000 Swedish died. That's equivalent to 28,000 Australians dying. In the US where they used soft and mixed lockdowns, the equivalent of 60,000 Australians have died. In Australia we have around 1,000 dead. There's no doubt lockdowns saved lives"

Then they all started laughing at him and the Mrs changed the channel so I didn't get to see the rest.

I did hear something that I did expect though. Rowan Dean admitted that the virus is a lot more deadly than the flu.
I believe in freedom of expression (without belittling or threatening your opponent) but that Channel (now on fta) must contravene media and truth standards surely. They are more radical and right wing than Fox in USA.

A worry for our country by promoting dissent and unrest with our normal process of the law.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So all these procedures for check in ect which are largely ignored by anti-vaxxers are only for a few weeks? Till December nsw will hit 90% slowly but with people holding undecided the fucking retards just gave them a date? Fuck me dead.
Will airlines scrap that rule from 1st December or double down. South Australia stated no double vaxxed are entering after they hit 80% but yet you can go to church and outdoor pool unvaxxed, was a simple road map they put out at the start why the fuck are they complicating it
The QR code checkins may stay but if someone contests it legally then the government may lose.

Personal business decisions are a bit more tricky. Businesses will set their own policy (for example, airlines refusing to take unvaccinated) but it could be contested in court.

I don't think the anti-vaxxers will win as there is some precedents in place. For example, schools and childcare can refuse to accept unvaccinated children. So if a business refuses an anti-vaxxer and the anti-vaxxer takes the business to court, the business will just claim that its for the protection of their patrons and they should win. Under Australian law, businesses can't discriminate, but they can refuse to serve a patron if that patron has the potential to put others at risk by their own fault (refusing to vaccinate)

But it'll need to go through the courts. The first time it does, then we'll know for sure.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

They're always pushing Sweden, they ignore every other country's statistics, they ignore the makeup of Sweden being vastly different to Australia, they ignore that Sweden still pushed restrictions (even though Sweden didn't name them restrictions but recommendations) and push the stats on Sweden and how it was a "success".

It's become a political tool. Somehow scientists and Drs vs Rowan Dean/Alan Jones, has become a "choice"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Qld avoids lockdown again for another day.

Whilst I am glad, every morning there is that same nervousness as we wait with baited breath for the morning press conference. I know i should just ignore it, but its like we've become a bunch of addicts.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Qld avoids lockdown again for another day.

Whilst I am glad, every morning there is that same nervousness as we wait with baited breath for the morning press conference. I know i should just ignore it, but its like we've become a bunch of addicts.
IF You go into lockdown it will be next week , they will want to host the grand final

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IF You go into lockdown it will be next week , they will want to host the grand final
Better get it right... Prof MaryLousise McLaws from WHO says we should lockdown NOW.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
CAVE NEW WORLD
Overcautious, sacrosanct, or just garnering voter cred, the premiers of Queensland and WA have both flip-flopped about opening up at the national 80% double-vaccination milestone — expected mid-November. But Prime Minister Scott Morrison could be about to smoke them out of their, erm, “caves”. The federal government will turn off $1.5 billion in emergency money the fortnight after the country reaches the 80% coverage (of the over-16 population), as the AFR reports.

States and territories will see weeks of tapering financial support — which is currently propping up businesses and households — leading up to the day when leaders will have to foot the bill instead, The Australian ($) continues. It could affect as many as 2 million Australians who have received the “COVID-19 Disaster Payment” since June, news.com.au adds, and who will then have to resort to social security if they’re still unemployed.

It probably also means the end of state-wide lockdowns, too — a state or territory would need to find the funds for their population’s financial aid if they shut down after 80% coverage. But some have said opening at 80% is inequitable for vulnerable groups like Indigenous Australians, disabled people, prisoners, and people living in rural and remote Australia, who face barriers to quality health care, The Conversation says.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i know that's what everyone says, but i'm not so sure TBH. If cases start climbing, and they follow what they have done previously, i think there will be a short sharp lockdown, which might delay the GF a week and play it in Brisbane or them move north. We'll know very soon.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Better get it right... Prof MaryLousise McLaws from WHO says we should lockdown NOW.
If the Rugby on the Coast and the NRL GF this weekend become some sort of super spreader events... yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.