Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog have you read up any insurance policies for travel?
Not yet mate but I asked a bloke I know in the industry. He says they’re (his company) still working out details because there’s many variables around where travel would be initially allowed to, capacity on airlines, hotel rules, vax status (only double vaxxed allowed to travel, but could encounter unvaxxed during travel), hotel or home quarantine on return etc. He says they aim to have a revised product to market by the end of October, 4-6 weeks before travel is set to resume but he said ‘it’s a moving feast, it changes almost daily’.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not yet mate but I asked a bloke I know in the industry. He says they’re (his company) still working out details because there’s many variables around where travel would be initially allowed to, capacity on airlines, hotel rules, vax status (only double vaxxed allowed to travel, but could encounter unvaxxed during travel), hotel or home quarantine on return etc. He says they aim to have a revised product to market by the end of October, 4-6 weeks before travel is set to resume but he said ‘it’s a moving feast, it changes almost daily’.
Cheers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest, cos you know I like throwing up curve balls for TK to ponder lol.

Do those dare devil, thrill seekers now planning their hols...think they should be able to return before the up to 40,000 already on the wanting to return to Oz lists?

Will that be the latest controversy and road block to travel?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest, cos you know I like throwing up curve balls for TK to ponder lol.

Do those dare devil, thrill seekers now planning their hols...think they should be able to return before the up to 40,000 already on the wanting to return to Oz lists?

You mean the 40,000 that left the country after the Outbreak was declared or the ones that didn’t bother to come home in April last year when told they should…?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Depends I was always under the assumption that come 17 December till about Feb was getting the numbers home and students over ect, and will it all be on nsw to take on all the big numbers because we will be the only state open? It's going to be a shit fight till march so I wait it out and see what happens

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You mean the 40,000 that left the country after the Outbreak was declared or the ones that didn’t bother to come home in April last year when told they should…?
Either or :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Depends I was always under the assumption that come 17 December till about Feb was getting the numbers home and students over ect, and will it all be on nsw to take on all the big numbers because we will be the only state open? It's going to be a shit fight till march so I wait it out and see what happens
Yes mate. Just hypothesizing on the next "problem and/or media hype" to be faced by Govt with these wantin' to be returning Aussies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Study Shows 1 in 1000 Develop Heart Inflammation After Covid Vaccination; Myocarditis and Other Related Heart Conditions Have Increased Death Rate Within 5 Years
By Julian Conradson
Published September 21, 2021 at 5:56pm
858 Comments
ShareGabTelegramClouthub

A shocking new study that was conducted by researchers at Canada’s University of Ottawa Heart Institute found that one out of every thousand(1/1000) mRNA Covid-19 vaccinations causes heart inflammation(myopericarditis) to develop rapidly in otherwise healthy individuals.
The study looked at over 32,000 individuals who had received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines and monitored them for heart-related conditions between June 1, 2021, and July 31, 2021.
Advertisement - story continues below

32 of the study subjects were admitted into the hospital with heart and chest-related symptoms.

Researchers found that the symptoms show up extremely quickly after vaccination, usually after the patient’s second dose. On average, people who were affected developed the condition after just 1.5 days.

They also found that men are at a much greater risk than women – only 2 women experienced heart inflammation.

People who took the Moderna jab were 3x more likely to develop symptoms than those who took the Pfizer shot.
MgidMgid
https://www.mgid.com/ghits/10617154...=1632557283&wrst=1632557302&muid=k67kxDgoR54l

To date, this has been the largest case study that has looked at the correlation between Covid mRNA vaccines and myocarditis symptoms within a month of vaccination.
If the results are true, it would actually be more of a risk for anyone under 65 to receive the shot than it would be to contract the virus and recover, especially depending on how young they are. Myocarditis and pericarditis both come with an extremely poor prognosis and end up killing over 50% within 3-10 years of their diagnosis.
According to the most recent data, Americans under 65 have about a 1 in 1863 (Population – 273,820,000 / Total Covid deaths – 146,991) or .00054 chance of dying from Covid-19 or .054%. If you lower the age to 50 and under, the chance that Covid is fatal drops precipitously to .00017 or 1 in 5841 or .o17%.
In other words, the chances that covid will kill you if you are under 50 are almost 6x lower than the chances you will develop a debilitating (and often fatal in the long run) heart condition.

Even more shocking – people under 40 who take the jab are almost 13.5 times more likely to develop some form of myocarditis or pericarditis than to be killed by Covid. Keep in mind the median age from this study was 33.
Meanwhile, Joe Biden and the tyrannical health regime double down on their goal to get “every American” vaccinated by cramming down a new dictatorial federal mandate with a third experimental ‘booster’ jab being prepared for a massive rollout.

The Covid-19 vaccine has been so ‘effective’ in ‘protecting’ people that the masses will now be pressured into taking another dose as new outbreaks of the virus have forced a new wave of authoritarian restrictions.

Every single American has known for months where to go and how to get a vaccine if they wanted one. In fact, over 181 million eligible citizens have been fully vaccinated in the US – If the virus was as deadly as they are making it out to be, they wouldn’t have to mandate people to take the vaccine; and on the other end, if the vaccines provided the protection they’re supposed to provide, the vaccinated wouldn’t be calling people killers because they are refusing to ‘protect others.’
Besides, according to available data, a third of the entire US population had contracted Covid BY THE END OF 2020. Natural immunity has always proven to be superior to vaccines.
A recent study that was conducted in Israel on 800,000 individuals confirms that is especially the case with the rushed mRNA Covid vaccines.
They found that individuals who had received both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were 13x more likely to contract Covid-19 than those who had natural immunity – Fully vaccinated people were also found to be at a “GREATER RISK OF HOSPITALIZATION.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...eath-rate-within-5-years-risk-higher-dying-v/

Link to study. Not yet peer reviewed

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.13.21262182v1.full

If the data is correct it would suggest that middle aged men actually have more like 1/500 chance of getting pericarditis or myocarditis and younger men/boys would be even more impacted.

This is heart damage that never really recovers and leaves permanent scare tissue
You actually believe all of that? Do you want me to get a cardiologist to go through that and point out fact and fiction? Actually so there's no bias I'll get 2 cardiologist with 80 years of experience and a shit ton of credentials more
Than julian conradson who is a journalist for The Gateway Pundit an American far-right fake news website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.
On top of that you said your Mrs is a nurse, so no doubt she would run into a cardiologist once in a while get her to check it out.
I'm the meantime @Hacky McAxe

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@belmore_utd i deleted your last post. Misinformation is not allowed in this thread. You copy and pasted an article from the Gateway Pundit. An extreme right wing news source that is well known for posting fake rubbish in an attempt to cause fear

It also took me less than 5 minutes to see that everything they posted was fake.

If you want to post rubbish like that, post it in the konspiracy thread. Keep that rubbish out of the Covid-19 thread.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You actually believe all of that? Do you want me to get a cardiologist to go through that and point out fact and fiction? Actually so there's no bias I'll get 2 cardiologist with 80 years of experience and a shit ton of credentials more
Than julian conradson who is a journalist for The Gateway Pundit an American far-right fake news website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.
On top of that you said your Mrs is a nurse, so no doubt she would run into a cardiologist once in a while get her to check it out.
I'll ask my cardiologists if you can't get a hold of yours lol

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yes please point out everything that was fact from fiction cited in the study, not the article. I was unaware of the reputation of that website/author and how that immediately invalidates everything cited in the study. I will get the wifey to check it tomorrow when she has time.
The very first thing she related to me about vaccine reactions was an acute increase in pericarditis, myocarditis and stroke presentations because that is relative to my health history. She worked on a cardiac unit and is working on a unit atm where all the beds are monitored patients so I think she has a pretty good grasp of it thanks..

Or maybe she really doesnt like me and secretly hopes to kill our son and me off by infecting our unvaccinated scumdog second class citizen bodies with covid, I dunno

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
@belmore_utd i deleted your last post. Misinformation is not allowed in this thread. You copy and pasted an article from the Gateway Pundit. An extreme right wing news source that is well known for posting fake rubbish in an attempt to cause fear

It also took me less than 5 minutes to see that everything they posted was fake.

If you want to post rubbish like that, post it in the konspiracy thread. Keep that rubbish out of the Covid-19 thread.
Does posting anything from certain websites than invalidate everything that was cited in the study?

**edit
You may think Im being an arse and purposefully spreading misinformation but my concerns are very real. Severe adverse reactions are underplayed or buried entirely from a healthcare system that has been threatened with reprimand by AHPRA if they speak out. And worse there are nurses and doctors who are of the viewpoint that keeping a lid on vaccine injuries so as to not cause vaccine fear is a good thing. You know, for our health and stuff..

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes please point out everything that was fact from fiction cited in the study, not the article. I was unaware of the reputation of that website/author and how that immediately invalidates everything cited in the study. I will get the wifey to check it tomorrow when she has time.
The very first thing she related to me about vaccine reactions was an acute increase in pericarditis, myocarditis and stroke presentations because that is relative to my health history. She worked on a cardiac unit and is working on a unit atm where all the beds are monitored patients so I think she has a pretty good grasp of it thanks..

Or maybe she really doesnt like me and secretly hopes to kill our son and me off by infecting our unvaccinated scumdog second class citizen bodies with covid, I dunno
Is she in CCU? The nicest nurses are always there. I Get treated like a king in there.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll ask my cardiologists if you can't get a hold of yours lol
Yeah honestly please do ,it will help to expell any myths, remember months ago I posted wad speaking to him and I posted it hear, he was the one that told me about the vaccine doing that he also ran through the figure's of the damage covid caused on the heart.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does posting anything from certain websites than invalidate everything that was cited in the study?

In some ways yes here's about that " study"

Doubts over study linking mRNA vaccines and adolescents’ myocarditis risk
Anastasia Tsirtsakis
14/09/2021 5:01:52 PM
A study co-author has been connected to an online group opposing pandemic public health measures, from mask-wearing and lockdowns to mandatory vaccinations.
Young boy receiving Pfizer vaccine.
The TGA has recorded 12 cases of suspected myocarditis/pericarditis in children aged aged 15–17. (Image: AAP)
The pre-print study, uploaded to the medRxiv server on 8 September, suggests boys aged 12–17 without medical comorbidities are more likely to develop a cardiac adverse event (CAE) that requires hospitalisation following vaccination with either Pfizer or Moderna than they are to be hospitalised with COVID-19.

The research, led by Dr Tracy Høeg from the University of California, used the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) to identify 257 CAEs among vaccinated adolescents between 1 January and 18 June.

It found rates of CAE were 16.2 per 100,000 for 12–15-year-old boys and 9.4 per 100,000 for 16–17-year-olds. The rates for girls were significantly lower, at 1.3 per 100,000 and 1.34 per 100,000, respectively.

The authors concluded that the rate of CAE for healthy boys aged 12–15 is 3.7–6.1 times higher than their risk of being hospitalised for COVID-19, and 2.1–3.5 times higher for boys aged 16–17.

However, doubt has been cast over the study as news has emerged that a co-author, Josh Stevenson, is associated with Rational Ground, an online group that has opposed public health measures, including mandatory vaccinations, throughout the pandemic.

Questions have also been raised over the study’s use of data from the VAERS platform, which relies on unverified self-reports of side effects that have reportedly been used by the anti-vaccination movement to spread misinformation.

This revelation has given way to concerns that the study could be causing unnecessary anxiety among parents and carers, as Australia and the UK have now included 12–15-year-olds in their COVID vaccination programs.

Professor Robert Booy, an infectious diseases paediatrician and vaccine expert, urged caution in interpreting the study. While there is considerable evidence that myocarditis is a real, albeit rare, side effect of the mRNA vaccines, he said the true risk estimate is likely to be more conservative.

‘The truth of the data probably rests more at a risk of between one in 15,000–20,000 [5–6.66 per 100,000],’ Professor Booy told newsGP. ‘And, fortunately, it is rarely leading to serious consequences or long-term damage.

‘It’s extremely unlikely for a CAE to last longer than 1–2 weeks and a fatal outcome is extremely rare – I think I’ve read one case report.’

It was in July that the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) included a warning statement about myocarditis and pericarditis as rare sides effect of Pfizer, particularly among males under 30.

In its latest safety report, the regulator said that up to 5 September it had received 370 reports of suspected myocarditis and/or pericarditis following vaccination with Pfizer, including 10 boys and two girls aged 15–17. Five cases occurred after the first dose and seven after the second dose.

The rare side effects typically occur within 10 days of vaccination, particularly after the second dose, and more often in younger men.

However, the TGA notes that ‘myocarditis and pericarditis are much more common with COVID-19 infection and damage to the heart is frequently severe after infection’.

Professor Booy assures that the Australian regulator, along with those in the UK and US, are continually and carefully looking at emerging data, and that the risk–benefit analysis to date remains in favour of vaccination.

While the emergence of the Delta strain has resulted in COVID-19 spreading more easily in schools, recent Australian research found that most children have only mild disease. And though child deaths from COVID remain rare, with none recorded in Australia to date, Professor Booy says they do – and have – occurred overseas.

‘In the United States, they have 400 children under the age of 18 who’ve died and probably half had a predisposed condition,’ he said.

‘That means half would have been healthy and could only benefit by universal vaccination.’

But Professor Booy said the benefits of vaccination are far-reaching.

‘You’re much better off being vaccinated as a teenager than getting COVID disease, even though it’s relatively mild,’ he said.

‘The added advantage of being able to go back to school, social economic improvements and confidence that people have around COVID prevention and protection lean to multiple reasons for having a preference for vaccinating teenagers.’

With the majority of myocarditis cases occurring after the second dose, the UK has decided to offer 12–15-year-olds a single dose of either Pfizer or Moderna.

Professor Booy said further investigation is needed to confirm whether reducing the dosage protocol would offer enough protection – and whether it would even reduce the likelihood of myocarditis.

‘Protection against COVID by one dose of vaccination in teenagers is very high, and it would be very worthwhile to do good surveillance in Australia to better understand whether one dose is enough,’ he said.

‘We don’t know whether a lower dose will reduce the likelihood of myocarditis, but it’s a good question.’

Professor Booy did urge caution in paying too much attention to pre-print studies, and said the peer-review process is in place for good reason.

‘It’s an important thing to pay attention to; it is relevant,’ he said. ‘But the harm–benefit still favours vaccination, particularly for a side effect that is only mild to moderate.

‘Parents worried about their athletic teenagers having the vaccine would be wise to keep them away from strenuous exercise for five days after vaccination.

‘But the TGA, the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] and MHRA [Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency] have all looked at it, and they’ve reassured themselves that it’s safe.’

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you are aware that the damage on the heart from covid is a great deal higher than ,from a reaction to Pfizer?
Sure its a concern and if it's realitive to your health history there's other vaccines

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't realise the AFL Grand Final was on.. How the hell did they have all of those fans when they have as many cases as Sydney does?

Status
Not open for further replies.