• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could there be any correlation between people with long hair and transmission of the delta strain? The hair follicle holds onto the virus more than a bald head?

Should dr kerry chant order people with long hair in the 8 red zone LGA have a haircut?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny you say that. We're only a small office 5. 4 of us, all in our 40s, are fully vaccinated, whilst the 5th is only a young ún (like 25) and said he intends to get it when its his turn.

but yes, i think not having a serious outbreak here probably works against the goal of trying to get everything at least wanting to get vaccinated.
Interesting. We have about 10 office staff and the rest trades/manufacturing

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Could there be any correlation between people with long hair and transmission of the delta strain? The hair follicle holds onto the virus more than a bald head?

Should dr kerry chant order people with long hair in the 8 red zone LGA have a haircut?
Could there be a correlation between dense and untamed nose hair limiting the spread? Could nose hair be serving as a barrier, preventing the virus from entering our nostrils? Should Dr Chant place a ban on nose hair trimming for all people living in redzones until vaccination targets are reached?

Food for thought.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Facial hair included? If yes you can fuck right off! Lol

Speaking of facial hair, @Hacky McAxe I'll be ready for this style at the end of lockdown... I'm sure you know where the screenshot came from ;)

20210713_225639.jpg

PS I'm 2 lower rings away from being spot on with this.

Last edited:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wondering how HSC go back on the 16th if they have to get vaxed. Takes 2 weeks they said to get that immunity so that means they all need to be vaxed up by this weekend.....good luck with that. Dont make sense that tradies can't like get vaxed super quick.

Anyways just seems like another GB fcuked up policy.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
‘yes whilst no cases in Brisbane - there isnt that urgency to get vaxxed - like was in Sydney till this latest outbreak , now many want too but can’t book in

when I was eligible I got it straight away before this mess as my reasoning was better to get it before the mad rush
Mad rush, my thinking too.
Being in QLD, ive had a bit more time to make a decision.
When I seen Delta in Sydney, I thought even though lets say less deadly, more contagious (they are my words/opinion, so not factual).
I assumed Sydney to have cases for months and it was only a matter of time before we see it in QLD.
That was a couple of weeks ago so I booked in and it was something like a 3 week wait for first jab.
I spoke to one person yesterday that registered a week later than me and he still hasnt been given an appointment.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate is a sparkie. Lives in lockdown LGA.

All his work is in Inner-west (Lewisham, liechardt) and Penrith. Three of his buliders called him this morning and said "sorry, if you can't do it we'll have to go elsewhere."

If he doesn't get continuous work from these builders, he will go under.

What would you do if you were in his position?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You can't live in a state of emergency forever. There comes a point where you have to learn to live with disease, at least until it can be prevented, or cured.

Luckily, COVID doesn't have a million causes, it is passed by transmission of a virus from one person to the next. There may not be a way to stop transmission occuring, but there is a way to attempt to limit transmission and to at very least reduce the severity of symptioms, so if your goal is to end the state of emergency, I'd think your most logical course of action would be to support the jab. There is very much a plan to help us learn to live with COVID. Nobody is talking about accepting a perpetual state of emergency, as much as it may feel like it.

If you want to advocate against certain products, services or lifestyle choices which increase cancer risk, go right ahead. But it is perfectly possible to be anti cancer and anti COVID at the same time. I think it is logical to take both an anti cancer and anti COVID stance. The only logical conclusion is that dragging cancer into the discussuin is just an exercise in deflection and what aboutery.

Nobody is trying to argue that COVID is more dangerous to an individual than cancer. the issue is that it is easily transmitted from one person to the next. The only way cancer can be passed from one person to the next is through our genes. COVID causes severe enough symptoms and even death in enough people that widespread, uncontained transmission of the virus in unvaccinated people causes huge problems for a society.

Geez Rod, you must be pretty bored to spend so much time and effort drawing such a jarring false equivalence....lol
the plan to live with covid is the exact same plan that gives pfizer tens of billions of dollars annually and puts the world at hostage, now bill gates thinks he is the decider of the world and can't contain himself in videos, smiling thinking about all the money he is going to make as he urged governments to buy his product and urge governments to buy for less wealthy governments and resist calls to give it away for free

bill gates apparently thinks his $10B he invested into the vaccine companies is the best investment he has ever made, the benchmark was $150B-$170B in economic benefits, but now with his institution he is going to exceeded those returns, so if my maths is correct that is at least $171B, i don't know how he calculates all that because it is 17 fold return, but he is apparently very pleased with himself

Had the Gates Foundation invested that $10 billion in energy projects in the developing world, the return would have been $150 billion, Gates says. Infrastructure investment in the developing world would have returned $170 billion.

“By investing in global health institutions, however, we exceeded all of those returns,” Gates writes.

“Institutions such as Gavi, the Global Fund and GPEI are the closest things that we have to surefire bets to alleviate suffering and save lives,” he writes in the Journal. “They are the best investments that Melinda and I have made in the past 20 years, and they are some of the best investments the world can make in the years ahead.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As you can in my previous see. I am all for vaccine (even restrictions on those unvaccinated).

But. These lockdowns are going to become less and less effective as time goes on. Because people are going to comply less and less.

The government missed the "go hard fast and short" approach.

There were plans to create tent hospitals and staff them with a mixture of civillian and ADF staff. I know this as fact. Is it something that could be implemented now? Dare say so with two weeks notice. Is it sustainable, who know?

Lockdowns definitely are not. People dont comply, with the high rate of infection, lockdown becomes ineffective.

The decision to only allow tradies outside certain LGAs to work as of Saturday is going to create even more divide and non-compliance
I agree, they stuffed it up royally when they had the chance to quash it initially and I have no doubt the influence of people like Dominic Perrottett and Brad Hazzard are why they failed to implement a successful hard and fast approach. Right now all their doing is keeping a loose lid on things, vaccination rates will definitely need to increase dramatically if we're going to come out of this in decent shape

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
the plan to live with covid is the exact same plan that gives pfizer tens of billions of dollars annually and puts the world at hostage, now bill gates thinks he is the decider of the world and can't contain himself in videos, smiling thinking about all the money he is going to make as he urged governments to buy his product and urge governments to buy for less wealthy governments and resist calls to give it away for free

bill gates apparently thinks his $10B he invested into the vaccine companies is the best investment he has ever made, the benchmark was $150B-$170B in economic benefits, but now with his institution he is going to exceeded those returns, so if my maths is correct that is at least $171B, i don't know how he calculates all that because it is 17 fold return, but he is apparently very pleased with himself

Had the Gates Foundation invested that $10 billion in energy projects in the developing world, the return would have been $150 billion, Gates says. Infrastructure investment in the developing world would have returned $170 billion.

“By investing in global health institutions, however, we exceeded all of those returns,” Gates writes.

“Institutions such as Gavi, the Global Fund and GPEI are the closest things that we have to surefire bets to alleviate suffering and save lives,” he writes in the Journal. “They are the best investments that Melinda and I have made in the past 20 years, and they are some of the best investments the world can make in the years ahead.
Businessman makes money....that's the way of the world......certainly doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work.

Sorry, mate. i really don't have time for this. Think what you want, but the more people resist the vaccine, the worse things are going to get. That's the reality of the situation.

PS baaaaaa

Last edited:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score

All his work is in Inner-west (Lewisham, liechardt) and Penrith. Three of his buliders called him this morning and said "sorry, if you can't do it we'll have to go elsewhere."

Yep that's the people I feel sorry for not the Insta heros who can't post photos of themselves at the fancy cafe in their best active wear. Perhaps he can sub contract the job in the short term?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Instead of spending all your time reading stuff from conspiracy pages and theorizing how Bill Gates is taking over the world why don't you spend maybe 30 minutes reading up on how vaccines actually work

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's tough but up until now the building industry had a pretty easy run with minimal impact, we have had more time than most to prepare for a what if scenario, food places, tourism, travel agents, and a airlines have had it 10 times tougher than us,any tradie should be able to hold themselves for at least a month or so ( fucking the way sparkies charge possibly longer)covid ( and certain
restrictions) has fucked and will continue to do so a lot of people , we either ride it out and survive an adapt.
It ain't fun though anyway you look at it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Businessman makes money....that's the way of the world......certainly doesn't mean thew vaccine doesn't work.

Sorry, mate. i really don't have time for this. Think what you want, but the more people who resist the vaccine, the worse things are going to get. That's the reality of the situation.

PS baaaaaa
businessman makes money by creating the virus and the vaccine then releasing the virus and selling the vaccine, selling it wholesale with a big mark up and coming up with excuses not to let anyone have it for free

btw you lied your ass off in your previous post, telling me to go right ahead talking about cancer and its ok but you obviously hated it and have been bullying me, so i can't think what i want, i can't talk about anything else

now i know how the gays felt for all those years

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
businessman makes money by creating the virus and the vaccine then releasing the virus and selling the vaccine, selling it wholesale with a big mark up and coming up with excuses not to let anyone have it for free

btw you lied your ass off in your previous post, telling me to go right ahead talking about cancer and its ok but you obviously hated it and have been bullying me, so i can't think what i want, i can't talk about anything else

?????????????????

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Instead of spending all your time reading stuff from conspiracy pages and theorizing how Bill Gates is taking over the world why don't you spend maybe 30 minutes reading up on how vaccines actually work
im confident that the vaccine works you idiot, you should watch any video on bill gates when he talks about how people are dying and he is smiling about it, that fucker is off and could be the lizard

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Lol I don't hate anything. I just want things to get back to normal ASAP for the good of the country and felt the equivalences you drew were a bit ham fisted.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
the gays thought that getting banged in the ass was better than sex with women and everyone including me were calling them crazy, the only difference is im right now and the gays are still wrong
I still have no fucking idea what you are on about, entertaining none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.