Could Hodko go before June 30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha you seriously have no idea about footy do you hehehehe
Seriously....you liked Mbyes bombs did you?. Seriously Liccha is hardly an attacking hooker. Id rate most hookers in the comp ahead of him at the moment. Ennis has how many try assists compared to Liccha?Clearly Mick had a year maybe 2 of good footy in him...I tell you Sharkie fans love his attitude, his attack, his defence...ask around and see what Sharkie fans say to you. Maybe in 2 years time Liccha might shine...he needs to learn to kick as the ability to kick out of dummy half is crucial.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely DONT RELEASE HIM. I agree WITH ANOTHER POST ..the Dragons win provided our blueprint to win the premiership. Then last nights 2 Mbye bombs confirmed it. Reynolds is far more effective off the bench than starting. Hokko at least keeps the attack straight as he doesnt crab crossfield. Hokko also better at bombing and Mbye for God sake do more kicking practice. Also we truly need Lichha to learn to kick.

Seriously what has Lichha bought to the team that Ennis didnt possess? NOTHING. HES A DUD.
Take your head out of finchies arse for a moment and have a good think of what you said ."hes a dud"? You really think that ?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously....you liked Mbyes bombs did you?. Seriously Liccha is hardly an attacking hooker. Id rate most hookers in the comp ahead of him at the moment. Ennis has how many try assists compared to Liccha?Clearly Mick had a year maybe 2 of good footy in him...I tell you Sharkie fans love his attitude, his attack, his defence...ask around and see what Sharkie fans say to you. Maybe in 2 years time Liccha might shine...he needs to learn to kick as the ability to kick out of dummy half is crucial.
**** me you're a dumb ****. Lichaa gets us on the front foot big time. He always gets out of dummy half, it's only now that the rest of the team are realising they need to follow him. They spent so many years getting rubbish dumps from Ennis who never moved an inch out of dummy half.

I loved Mick, but Lichaa has been brilliant so far this year. You make me sick to my stomach

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
**** me you're a dumb ****. Lichaa gets us on the front foot big time. He always gets out of dummy half, it's only now that the rest of the team are realising they need to follow him. They spent so many years getting rubbish dumps from Ennis who never moved an inch out of dummy half.

I loved Mick, but Lichaa has been brilliant so far this year. You make me sick to my stomach
Exactly this!!!!!
and are you saying Ennis can kick? Pfft please I cringed everytime he kicked.

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hodkinson signs with the Knights! Live on nrl 360!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
GD Lichaa is a rookie. It takes years in FG to be a good hooker and hes years off being his best. Meanwhile hes adequate and under a good coach. Hes not being talked about much here coz he hasnt been awesome, but hasnt been bad either.

Edit: Well breaking news (not official yet) is hes going to Knights 2016 so now the question is do we let him go before June 30? And its only 7 days away now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
He won't be released early - why on Earth would that happen.

Great to have halves coverage heading into finals.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would we release Hodkinson early? I might not like the guy but for one there could be injuries and the other thing is despite Reynolds playing very well lately and not incurring any penalties we all know he could easily spazz out one week and cop himself a long suspension. What do we do then?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You must not have seen him consistently carting the ball up the last few weeks and putting the opposition on the backfoot. Honestly Ennis and attacking ability? You're hilarious Ennis has NEVER been an attacking hooker and the only Ennis possesses that Lichaa doesn't is good leadership and experience. Ennis can't kick nor can he attack

Our team has not lost a damn thing without Ennis and we wouldn't be do any better if Ennis was in the team and Lichaa wasn't, considering our No.9 has not been our problem at all this season

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ennis only had that short ball from dummy half sometimes to snag a try. Lichaa is a better hooker for OUR team. Ennis suits the plebs over there

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa has carried massive defensive load all year and cannot be faulted for it.

He gives away hardly any penalties, can scoot from dummy half and has decent pace for a hooker. Not to mention he is only going to get better.

People have nfi around here.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I hate the peasant Issac Luke, I wish Lichaa had that much skill and vision.
Maybe one day....

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa has carried massive defensive load all year and cannot be faulted for it.

He gives away hardly any penalties, can scoot from dummy half and has decent pace for a hooker. Not to mention he is only going to get better.

People have nfi around here.
Licha's ability to attack has been hampered because of the D hes been forced to do all year. Ennis had a big motor. Lichaa hasnt developed his yet and is found wanting late in games. Ennis has grubbered for 4 Cronulla tries and another 5 play resets this year....If your looking for leadership, inspiration, ability to read a game, Defence and ability to grubber for tries and restarts...Ennis ticks all these boxes over Lichha....seriously guys you must all be getting some poisonous weed out Belmore way or is it because your not watching Cronulla games? Sure Ennis made errors, was a grub who got under players skins and sometimes kicked the ball dead and was slower out of dummy half, but with the time on the sidelines Jammer has had to endure this season we sure could have used Micks leadership on the field this year...Tols just isnt the inspiration Ennis is. ...I would have loved to see Ennis there this year with Lichha coming off the bench to wind our attack up....WOW...exactly the feeling and roles that Des had wanted.

So monkeys get back into your trees and leave the footy analysis to people who watch all the games and can articulate a players strengths and weaknesses rather than just remembering the errors Mick Ennis sometimes had in his game.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Licha's ability to attack has been hampered because of the D hes been forced to do all year. Ennis had a big motor. Lichaa hasnt developed his yet and is found wanting late in games. Ennis has grubbered for 4 Cronulla tries and another 5 play resets this year....If your looking for leadership, inspiration, ability to read a game, Defence and ability to grubber for tries and restarts...Ennis ticks all these boxes over Lichha....seriously guys you must all be getting some poisonous weed out Belmore way or is it because your not watching Cronulla games? Sure Ennis made errors, was a grub who got under players skins and sometimes kicked the ball dead and was slower out of dummy half, but with the time on the sidelines Jammer has had to endure this season we sure could have used Micks leadership on the field this year...Tols just isnt the inspiration Ennis is. ...I would have loved to see Ennis there this year with Lichha coming off the bench to wind our attack up....WOW...exactly the feeling and roles that Des had wanted.

So monkeys get back into your trees and leave the footy analysis to people who watch all the games and can articulate a players strengths and weaknesses rather than just remembering the errors Mick Ennis sometimes had in his game.
Why are you even trying to convince people that ennis is better than lichaa ! Lichaa is playing under des and des game plan is different than the sharks game plan plus if you wanna talk about stats how about looking at who's in the top 8 and who's not

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Given that over the past 4 years that Ennis played for us he didn't exhibit half the skill he has for Cronulla this season i'm not entirely sure that this is the case. Maybe it was our gameplan but Ennis's kicks were not something to be lauded at that particular point and neither did he exhibit any attacking flair, he hardly ever ran out of dummy half. It wasn't his errors that have me not missing him but rather apart from the ability to get under the opponents skin and his leadership qualities he didn't do anything for us that Lichaa isn't doing right now. Ennis was never a brilliant attacking hooker for us, if he was we wouldn't have been one of the lowest scoring teams last year.

Neither is Lichaa inefficient in defense, infact he rarely misses a tackle. Ennis only really has two qualities over him and thats his leadership/experience and his ability to get under the skin of his opponent. Ennis is playing great at the moment, but his current form has pretty much surpassed any form he exhibited with us over the course of his career at the 'Dogs.

FYI insinuating that your opinion is the only opinion coming from people who watch the game and that they can articulate a player's strengths and weaknesses is incredibly personal and rude, you need to respect the opinions other people have. I've watched quite a few Sharks game this year mostly to see how Barba would do and i do not believe we'd gain much even if we had Ennis this year.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact it's a toss up between Ennis and lichaa by many shows how good lichaa is at a young age in his first full nrl year compared to Ennis's 10+ years!!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
get over yourself ya Muppet

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
same old same old....im getting under peoples skin...exactly as our beloved captain M Ennis used to do....AND LOVING IT

To say Mick was to blame for our lack of attack the last 2 years misses our Barba turmoil, injuries, suspensions and lack of speed...Mick had a couple of very memorable games for us..MOTM stuff in that time. I recall 1 game he couldnt return after half time...we were a rabble in the 2nd half.

Nor can you blame the halves. Look at Manly with the 2 highest paid halves in the game...if you dont have the right cattle around you...you look ordinary yourself. Im sure Mick would love playing with Mbye at half, a fit J Moz, the speed of B Moz...and T Rex nowhere near the ball ...he might look like the best hooker in the comp!

Footie is a team game...if you dont have a good team...strength guile speed skill across the park...forget it. 1 good player doesnt make a team good. Good players dont lose their skill....rather its who you put around them that makes the good player show what hes got!

Status
Not open for further replies.