Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
France sets new daily record of nearly 10,000 new cases yesterday.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know I drop the c bomb freely but very rarely I call females c***s, but that QLD premier is a C***!

Not only because she is a heartless fuck playing politics but also for claiming bullying. How the fuck was that bullying you dumb c***.

I would of broke every law needed to be there for my father.

I cut my honeymoon in Cancun by 3 weeks to say my goodbye to my father and i missed him by 1 hour.

These heartless, power hungry pieces of shit you call politicians can all get fucked and I hope what goes around comes around to those motherfuckers.

/rant
Not for one moment trying to change anyone's opinion or view on this but just putting another of those views.

This is not the Premier's call nor a political tactic or ploy. These exemptions to Qld border rules are the call of the Chief Medical Officer Dr Jeanette Young. The lady was given permission to visit but had to have 2 weeks in hotel isolation. Unfortunately her Dad died before the 14 days. They let her see him and the family through glass protective shield but said bc funerals have a predominance of elderly, they can't let her attend the funeral. It seems a pity they didnt hold off the funeral until her 14 days was up?

There have been hundreds of grieving relatives in this same situation and I'm one of them and so is my niece who couldnt be with her grieving brothers and sister when their sole remaining parent died last month in NSW. The only reason you are hearing about this one is because we have an election and Scomo has been putting the heat on Qld for political gain.

She is claiming bullying because this is just the latest in a long list of issues in a campaign against the Qld Govt by Scomo and Dutton, the Murdoch media re border closures.

They dont care about individuals ...its just the economy and point scoring bc of the upcoming election.

If the virus went like Victoria, I think the blame game would jump on Palaseuy? then turn around and say she shouldnt have allowed southerners in to spread the virus. These Premiers cant win. The pressure must be overwhelming.

Qld has left these decisions to the health experts.

You especially know how important it is to control this infection. Sydney has closed 2 hospitals haven't they.

The disruption to business and livelihoods, our way of life, families apart, disruption to weddings, births, funerals....its all part of this horrible disease and the necessary measures public officials and experts deem applicable to save us from the thousands of deaths happening right now around the World.

How can we turn on the poor individuals in charge of protecting our society when they have only these draconian measures to try and protect their communities :(

Anyway just my view that its not Premier's fault we have a pandemic and its the health officials who are deciding on the best way to control it.

Praying for an Assassin Jnr win this weekend ;)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI @Lov_Dog :grinning: Alarming figures. This thing is not over by a long shot for quite some time.

BBC News - Coronavirus: France sets daily record with almost 10,000 new cases
At such levels of community transmission, there is no chance for traditional contact tracing to be applied unless movement apps or other community surveillance approaches are implemented.
Obviously for each of the cases, they have likely been contagious for a day or two prior to testing, thus, all their contacts during that time are likely cases also, unless each were wearing masks.

Certainly not over.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At such levels of community transmission, there is no chance for traditional contact tracing to be applied unless movement apps or other community surveillance approaches are implemented.
Obviously for each of the cases, they have likely been contagious for a day or two prior to testing, thus, all their contacts during that time are likely cases also, unless each were wearing masks.

Certainly not over.
Time for mandatory masks probably.

Qld has been naming all the restaurants,, shops, gyms, malls etc that known cases had visited whilst infectious...its absolutely mind blowing the amount of businesses and outings people have visited and therefore affected requiring full cleansing or closure.

Its an eye opener how mobile people are when they have their movements tracked. No wonder this thing can get out of control if contact tracing can't be first form of defence due to overwhelming numbers.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not for one moment trying to change anyone's opinion or view on this but just putting another of those views.

This is not the Premier's call nor a political tactic or ploy. These exemptions to Qld border rules are the call of the Chief Medical Officer Dr Jeanette Young. The lady was given permission to visit but had to have 2 weeks in hotel isolation. Unfortunately her Dad died before the 14 days. They let her see him and the family through glass protective shield but said bc funerals have a predominance of elderly, they can't let her attend the funeral. It seems a pity they didnt hold off the funeral until her 14 days was up?

There have been hundreds of grieving relatives in this same situation and I'm one of them and so is my niece who couldnt be with her grieving brothers and sister when their sole remaining parent died last month in NSW. The only reason you are hearing about this one is because we have an election and Scomo has been putting the heat on Qld for political gain.

She is claiming bullying because this is just the latest in a long list of issues in a campaign against the Qld Govt by Scomo and Dutton, the Murdoch media re border closures.

They dont care about individuals ...its just the economy and point scoring bc of the upcoming election.

If the virus went like Victoria, I think the blame game would jump on Palaseuy? then turn around and say she shouldnt have allowed southerners in to spread the virus. These Premiers cant win. The pressure must be overwhelming.

Qld has left these decisions to the health experts.

You especially know how important it is to control this infection. Sydney has closed 2 hospitals haven't they.

The disruption to business and livelihoods, our way of life, families apart, disruption to weddings, births, funerals....its all part of this horrible disease and the necessary measures public officials and experts deem applicable to save us from the thousands of deaths happening right now around the World.

How can we turn on the poor individuals in charge of protecting our society when they have only these draconian measures to try and protect their communities :(

Anyway just my view that its not Premier's fault we have a pandemic and its the health officials who are deciding on the best way to control it.

Praying for an Assassin Jnr win this weekend ;)
I'm sorry to hear about your relatives, God rest their souls.

I'm just sick of the politics and the blame game.

I just think in times of crisis like this pandemic, there should be one department that calls the shots for the whole country, basically the buck stops with them.

Labor, Libs, left, right should all grow the fuck up and work together to save/help the people they are supposed to protect. Too many egos that want to serve themselves more than their constituents.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
#Scottyfrombunnings, should mind his own business. Borders are a state problem. Where are his tears, when Aussies OS who are dying etc, can't get home.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your relatives, God rest their souls.

I'm just sick of the politics and the blame game.

I just think in times of crisis like this pandemic, there should be one department that calls the shots for the whole country, basically the buck stops with them.

Labor, Libs, left, right should all grow the fuck up and work together to save/help the people they are supposed to protect. Too many egos that want to serve themselves more than their constituents.
So true. So true unfortunately.

But its obvious why the Premiers are being overly cautious. Their state goes like Vic and a ton of bricks comes down on them from Feds and Murdoch and Fox nutjobs.

The way they look at it, its a thankless effort. They let the daughter attend the funeral. Good. PM and her and family happy.

She didnt do the 14 day isolation and it spreads at the funeral, the Qld Govt abused for not keeping Qld people safe and breaking the border lockdown requirements to keep Scomo and Hadley pleased but someone else's father dies of Covid. Btw those 2 aren't gonna say sorry or we shouldnt have kicked up a fuss.... Premier and Chief Health Officer hung out to dry.

No one knows if she is going to develop the virus, at this stage so they are sticking to the medical guidelines.

This C19 is a wicked thing.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You won't see this printed in Murdoch rags...well maybe a small column on page 13.
I guess it depends on who contacted who.

The Age article doesn't make clear whether Sarah Caisip voluntarily contacted the media or the media contact her.

My understanding is that Sarah Caisip voluntarily contacted the media in an attempt to get some advocacy for her exemption request to attend the funeral. Scott Morrison then took up this cause and contact the Queensland Premier directly to appeal for leniency.

I'm not sure that is really politicising the situation.

I think any of us would hope that in the same circumstances (a parent dead), that a politician would go into bat for us if we were being denied the right to attend the funeral.

Also, my understanding is that the call between Scott Morrisson and Anastasia Alphabet was only made public when Anastasia stood up in Qld parliament and claimed she'd been bullied on the phone call.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of politics, take a look at Alexandra Prendergast's instagram. I feel for her given the amount of loss she's suffered in the family, that must be truly horrific to deal with.

However, if she is coming out into the public debate and claiming the issue has been politicised, she should probably declare whether she leans heavily one way or the other so people can form a view as to whether she's just a neutral person making a point on compassionate grounds, or whether her own personal politics are simply shining through.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of politics, take a look at Alexandra Prendergast's instagram. I feel for her given the amount of loss she's suffered in the family, that must be truly horrific to deal with.

However, if she is coming out into the public debate and claiming the issue has been politicised, she should probably declare whether she leans heavily one way or the other so people can form a view as to whether she's just a neutral person making a point on compassionate grounds, or whether her own personal politics are simply shining through.
I dunno what's sadder, her putting her families suffering on instagram or you admitting she has to declare herself before you can form a view?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno what's sadder, her putting her families suffering on instagram or you admitting she has to declare herself before you can form a view?
i didn't say she has to declare herself before she can form a view. I said she should be open about her leanings when something is going to print in a national newspaper.

Public opinion will be formed entirely differently based on whether it's clear she does or doesn't hold strong political persuasions.

Particularly given the irony of this girl saying she doesn't want her families grief ending up int he media...she is doing the exact thing she claims she doesn't want Scott Morrison doing.

I'm no great fan of Scott Morrison either. A lot of stuff he's doing throughout this pandemic has been ordinary IMO.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is the outcome of right wing nutjobs and people like Jones, Hadley, Dutton and the PM. We should all be supporting the decisions of health experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.