Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I wonder what narrative all the pro vaccine fools will spew right now after seeing people die from the COVID vaccine around the world.... what will it be now?
How many people have died? How have they died? And source.

Thanks

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't aim to impress anyone. You seem to be the one who loves to make wild assumptions about people. For example, you think calling me a "fake scientist" and saying that I just "copy and paste stuff" will annoy me. That's why you use it in your weak trolling tactics. But it doesn't bother me.
I don’t say it to annoy you, Its just quite clear that you are a bit of a pretender when it comes to science.

Doesnt have to be so dramatic though, lots of people are pretending in their current vocations, you’re just one of many.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
AGAIN. YOU'RE USING THE SAME ARGUMENT AGAIN. HOW THICK ARE YOU?!?!??!

HAHAHAHAHHAAH

you really are the cookie monster. NOM NOM NOM
He really uses low level trolling.

Provides crap information. If anyone proves him wrong he says that they lack intelligence then provides the same flawed information.

I'm really starting to think he has a learning disability that he's so sensitive about that if anyone suggests that he's wrong then he gets really upset and has to attack everyone else's intelligence.

It has to be something more. A person cannot be as ignorant as he is. It's just not plausible.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Serious question...

If it wasn't for that shitty cruise ship, would we even have corona here?

PS don't know why I quoted you bro lol

The question just popped up.
That was the main cause of our original deaths. We’ve had a lot of leaks since and all originate in hotel quarantine. Thankfully this extremely deadly and contagious virus has hardly killed anyone in NSW recently but once we get the quarantine right hopefully normal live returns without bullshit restrictions

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was the main cause of our original deaths. We’ve had a lot of leaks since and all originate in hotel quarantine. Thankfully this extremely deadly and contagious virus has hardly killed anyone in NSW recently but once we get the quarantine right hopefully normal live returns without bullshit restrictions
The restrictions don't bother me to much ,give it time ill end up getting shitty.as you said its the quarantine that seems to fuck us over, if it wasn't for that we would be covid free they really need to tighten that up ,so at the very least Australians can move freely about the country. And get local tourism on track, get our sporting calendar for 2021 up and going ect ect the rest of the world anyway you look at it is off limits for another year,so the focus should be getting us to move freely amonsgt a countries and be able to book trips not in fear it could turn to shit in a few weeks

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The restrictions don't bother me to much ,give it time ill end up getting shitty.as you said its the quarantine that seems to fuck us over, if it wasn't for that we would be covid free they really need to tighten that up ,so at the very least Australians can move freely about the country. And get local tourism on track, get our sporting calendar for 2021 up and going ect ect the rest of the world anyway you look at it is off limits for another year,so the focus should be getting us to move freely amonsgt a countries and be able to book trips not in fear it could turn to shit in a few weeks
Yep I agree. We are still very lucky but I just want the restrictions to make sense, be less contradictory and not to be such knee jerk reactions that change so much.
So many peoples weddings and funerals are being destroyed without justification. There is also a separate set of rules for billionaires and politicians, even in the left states

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep I agree. We are still very lucky but I just want the restrictions to make sense, be less contradictory and not to be such knee jerk reactions that change so much.
So many peoples weddings and funerals are being destroyed without justification. There is also a separate set of rules for billionaires and politicians, even in the left states
I guess there is no rule book to this and they are definitely over cautious, some things don't make sense to me ,still think all this stuff that has been done is for the greater good, my cousin getting married at the zoo soon kinda hoping a small outbreak at that time prevents me goings, or ill just get shit faced and hang out with the monkeys.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
As I understand it (someone correct me if they have more information), there is no understanding as to whether or not the vaccine stops you from transmitting the virus. The only thing the vaccine is confirmed to do, is to lessen or remove any symptoms if you catch the virus.

This would mean there is zero (or next to zero benefit) for most people who are healthy and under the age of ~50 from getting the vaccine.

The only hypothetical benefit for someone under the age of 50 getting the vaccine, was the idea that by having the vaccine, they might protect their parents. But given this hasn't been ascertained yet, the vaccines seem largely pointless unless you're elderly and/or elderly with existing illnesses.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scientific American

Subscribe

Close

Search

CORONAVIRUSTHE SCIENCESMINDHEALTHTECHSUSTAINABILITYVIDEOPODCASTSOPINIONPUBLICATIONSSUBSCRIBECURRENT ISSUECart0Sign InStay Informed

SHARELATEST

Advocate for Science

Subscribe

PUBLIC HEALTH | OPINION

The Problem of ‘Long Haul’ COVID

More and more patients are dealing with major symptoms that linger for months

By Carolyn Barber on December 29, 2020

Credit: Getty Images

ADVERTISEMENT

It was just a couple of months into the pandemic when patients in online support groups began describing the phenomenon. In some emergency departments, they said, their complaints were largely being dismissed—or at the very least diminished—by health care professionals. The patients felt they were not being heard, or perhaps even were outright disbelieved.

The common thread through these comments was a basic one. Each of the patients had already been infected with COVID-19 and presumably had recovered, yet each was still dealing with symptoms of the disease—sometimes vague, sometimes nonspecific—that simply would not go away. Physicians and nurses, already overloaded with emergent cases of the virus, were baffled, often searching for other, more benign explanations for what they were being told.

We now have a term for those patients—and the truth is, “long hauler” only begins to describe the COVID-related ordeals they are enduring. Of all the facets of the virus we have dealt with in 2020, this one may ultimately prove the most difficult to recognize, much less combat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Long-haul COVID patients carry their symptoms well beyond what we’ve come to understand as a “normal” course of recovery. It can last for weeks. For some long haulers, it has been months—and counting. And to the consternation of physicians and nurses on the front lines, the symptoms of these patients often present as so varied and relatively common that they defy a solid COVID-related diagnosis.

If a patient comes to the emergency department (E.D.) complaining of dizziness, forgetfulness and headache, for example, is that long-haul COVID or something else entirely? How about fatigue? A persistent cough? Muscle aches and insomnia? Relapsing fevers?

With little to go on, and lacking clinical guidance, some of us in the E.D. have instructed our patients to go home, get more rest, “try to relax.” We’ve offered reassurances that everything would be okay with more time, checked off the final diagnosis box for something like anxiety or chronic fatigue on our computers, and moved on to see our next patients.

But there’s a growing body of evidence to suggest that a surprising number of people are, in fact, COVID long haulers, and that hospital emergency departments and clinics may be dealing with them for months and months to come.

“Over the past few months evidence has mounted about the serious long-term effects of COVID-19,” said the World Health Organization Director-General, Tedros Adhanom, at an international long-COVID forum on December 9. At the same event, Danny Altmann, an immunologist at London’s Imperial College, said that his “guesstimate is that we probably have way more than five million

Interesting people like to think the death rate is low but ,don't take into consideration how many people it makes sick and how many people it fucks for months on end .
For a virus that's long term effects are unknown its easy and best just to follow the current medical advice at hand to .
This article was also written last December since then the world has constantly topped record numbers of cases and record amounts of death.
Going to be a long year or so

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Scientific American

Subscribe

Close

Search

CORONAVIRUSTHE SCIENCESMINDHEALTHTECHSUSTAINABILITYVIDEOPODCASTSOPINIONPUBLICATIONSSUBSCRIBECURRENT ISSUECart0Sign InStay Informed

SHARELATEST

Advocate for Science

Subscribe

PUBLIC HEALTH | OPINION

The Problem of ‘Long Haul’ COVID

More and more patients are dealing with major symptoms that linger for months

By Carolyn Barber on December 29, 2020

Credit: Getty Images

ADVERTISEMENT

It was just a couple of months into the pandemic when patients in online support groups began describing the phenomenon. In some emergency departments, they said, their complaints were largely being dismissed—or at the very least diminished—by health care professionals. The patients felt they were not being heard, or perhaps even were outright disbelieved.

The common thread through these comments was a basic one. Each of the patients had already been infected with COVID-19 and presumably had recovered, yet each was still dealing with symptoms of the disease—sometimes vague, sometimes nonspecific—that simply would not go away. Physicians and nurses, already overloaded with emergent cases of the virus, were baffled, often searching for other, more benign explanations for what they were being told.

We now have a term for those patients—and the truth is, “long hauler” only begins to describe the COVID-related ordeals they are enduring. Of all the facets of the virus we have dealt with in 2020, this one may ultimately prove the most difficult to recognize, much less combat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Long-haul COVID patients carry their symptoms well beyond what we’ve come to understand as a “normal” course of recovery. It can last for weeks. For some long haulers, it has been months—and counting. And to the consternation of physicians and nurses on the front lines, the symptoms of these patients often present as so varied and relatively common that they defy a solid COVID-related diagnosis.

If a patient comes to the emergency department (E.D.) complaining of dizziness, forgetfulness and headache, for example, is that long-haul COVID or something else entirely? How about fatigue? A persistent cough? Muscle aches and insomnia? Relapsing fevers?

With little to go on, and lacking clinical guidance, some of us in the E.D. have instructed our patients to go home, get more rest, “try to relax.” We’ve offered reassurances that everything would be okay with more time, checked off the final diagnosis box for something like anxiety or chronic fatigue on our computers, and moved on to see our next patients.

But there’s a growing body of evidence to suggest that a surprising number of people are, in fact, COVID long haulers, and that hospital emergency departments and clinics may be dealing with them for months and months to come.

“Over the past few months evidence has mounted about the serious long-term effects of COVID-19,” said the World Health Organization Director-General, Tedros Adhanom, at an international long-COVID forum on December 9. At the same event, Danny Altmann, an immunologist at London’s Imperial College, said that his “guesstimate is that we probably have way more than five million

Interesting people like to think the death rate is low but ,don't take into consideration how many people it makes sick and how many people it fucks for months on end .
For a virus that's long term effects are unknown its easy and best just to follow the current medical advice at hand to .
This article was also written last December since then the world has constantly topped record numbers of cases and record amounts of death.
Going to be a long year or so
Entirely anecdotal. Zero statistics to back up these broad assertions. Sounds like the reporting of COVID in Australia "Everyone should be very concerned" despite there being zero local cases anywhere in Australia for days now, but everyone should definitely #maskup!!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is madness. Expecting everyone to have a vaccine for a virus that does not present a risk for 90+% of the population, whilst simultaneously saying that we don't even know if the vaccine will stop you transmitting the virus.

I am all for vaccines where they clearly have benefits for the person taking them, but as it stands, these vaccines present next to zero benefit for ~90% of Australia's population who end up taking it.

from news.com.au

Not known if vaccines can stop transmission

Ally Foster
Authorities don't know how effective the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines will be in stopping the transmission of COVID-19.
Former chief medical officer, Brendan Murphy, said both vaccines will be able to successfully prevent people from getting critically ill from the virus.
"We don't yet know how effective they are at preventing the transmission of the virus. Those arrange studies that were published, the phase 3 trials are based around prevention of clinical disease," he said.
"We will be progressively getting data over the coming months about the impact on transmission of the virus. It stands to reason that these vaccines will also prevent, to some degree, transmission of the virus but we don't know how effective they are at doing that."
Professor Murphy said it will be about three months before the impact of the vaccines on transmission can be seen.
"We will progressively re-evaluate the situation at the time. We think they will be effective," he said.
"The other thing we don't know is how long the immunity of these vaccines will last. It may be that people will need additional doses of vaccines, possibly annually. These things are completely unknown at the moment."

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a tricky situation. I personally think the restrictions are over the top, and some of them seem highly non-sensical, but I can see where they're coming from. They're taking a small brush fire and throwing the Atlantic Ocean on it. It's overkill but if the virus gets out of control then no amount of restrictions will shut it down. They're just trying to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.