Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Talks of Sydney going into stage 3 lockdown

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talks of Sydney going into stage 3 lockdown
Bugger. Wonder just how well that goes down with all the people who believe their freedom is being eroded by being asked to stay at home, social distance, wear a mask, modify their lifestyle and get tested if feeling unwell.

People need to get the message loud and clear and some are as it is great to see more and more wearing masks. May not be the most comfortable thing, nor the trendiest but it will help in some way to protect both user and those around them. Not a foolproof solution but anything at all that can help slow and perhaps prevent the virus spreading is a winner in my eyes.

I actually had to be tested today along with a family member who has a cough that we reckon is due to asthma problem but DR insisted. A few days in isolation waiting for the result ( time frame at the moment 48 hours) and a test is not too much to put up with. Even the medicos now won't see you if you have any symptom no matter how mild, they will teleconference and refer you for a test.I was honest enough to tell her that I had a runny nose and a very slight cough so won myself a swab up the snoz and back of the throat. Weird I can tell you but over in a second. All good there and you can then have a face to face with them which we will need to get a new Asthma plan written for school.

I hope you are taking all precautions and are keeping well....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bugger. Wonder just how well that goes down with all the people who believe their freedom is being eroded by being asked to stay at home, social distance, wear a mask, modify their lifestyle and get tested if feeling unwell.

People need to get the message loud and clear and some are as it is great to see more and more wearing masks. May not be the most comfortable thing, nor the trendiest but it will help in some way to protect both user and those around them. Not a foolproof solution but anything at all that can help slow and perhaps prevent the virus spreading is a winner in my eyes.

I actually had to be tested today along with a family member who has a cough that we reckon is due to asthma problem but DR insisted. A few days in isolation waiting for the result ( time frame at the moment 48 hours) and a test is not too much to put up with. Even the medicos now won't see you if you have any symptom no matter how mild, they will teleconference and refer you for a test.I was honest enough to tell her that I had a runny nose and a very slight cough so won myself a swab up the snoz and back of the throat. Weird I can tell you but over in a second. All good there and you can then have a face to face with them which we will need to get a new Asthma plan written for school.

I hope you are taking all precautions and are keeping well....
Hope you and the family stay safe Mama, especially Hubby.

Yeah I'm being proactive, very easy for me to socially distance, I was avoiding herds even before it was cool lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah I'm being proactive, very easy for me to socially distance, I was avoiding herds even before it was cool lol
Hubby is good and is currently residing in the spare bedroom for a few days until test results back..... This self isolation in the one household is a really weird thing....

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny you say that, my wife and are currently having the conversation 'should we go and get infected now and recover or wait till wave 27'?
[/QUOTE]

If you get it now your anti bodies may not last long. 30% of case which have retested had no trace of antibodies 12 weeks later. They aren't sure why but the virus is mutation every 2 to 3 weeks.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny you say that, my wife and are currently having the conversation 'should we go and get infected now and recover or wait till wave 27'?
If you get it now your anti bodies may not last long. 30% of case which have retested had no trace of antibodies 12 weeks later. They aren't sure why but the virus is mutation every 2 to 3 weeks.
[/QUOTE]

2020 just gets better and better.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What are we looking at here, 12 Monkeys, 28 Days, Outbreak, Resident Evil, a dodgy Dim Sim?

The WHO have yet to declare an emergency, yet China have quarantined the city at the centre of the outbreak - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01...helms-hospitals-fears-it-will-spread/11888588

Over 500 known cases, yet the death rate seems low at this stage with only 17 confirmed.

The Virus has now been detected in Thailand, USA and Korea.

A genuine global threat or another beat up?
Wow, this seems like an eternity ago doesn't it? We have certainly leaned the hard way just what sort of predicament we got into.

The movie scenarios you put out there give me the creeps so we should have hoped for dodgy dim dim.:mask:

The figures quoted are minuscule compared to now and I reckon we are no closer to the end of it all than we were in January.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Good news....received my text message earlier than I thought ( we were told about 48 hour turn around) and I am in the clear along with daughter. Have a clearance from the GP for us to return to work and school respectively.Was no big deal in doing what we had to do; that is stay at home and isolate, wait for our results and don't return to work until cleared. As the DR said our symptoms were very mild but still needed looking at. rather be safe than sorry.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good news....received my text message earlier than I thought ( we were told about 48 hour turn around) and I am in the clear along with daughter. Have a clearance from the GP for us to return to work and school respectively.Was no big deal in doing what we had to do; that is stay at home and isolate, wait for our results and don't return to work until cleared. As the DR said our symptoms were very mild but still needed looking at. rather be safe than sorry.
Awesome news mama!

Status
Not open for further replies.