Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
COVID is the biggest hoax in the history of mankind
Yes. It's an amazing conspiracy perpetrated by millions of people. The WHO with their limited budget are paying millions of people in government, coroner offices, hospitals, scientists, research fellows, disease control and investigation. Literally millions of people are being paid by the WHO to create this myth and no one leaks any evidence of this conspiracy. Amazing.

Meanwhile you know who's not lying? Bob on YouTube. Sure he has no epidemiological qualifications. Sure he never finished school. But he has YouTube so he knows more than anyone else!

/Sarcasm

I love Conspiracy Theories. They're always so highly flawed but people believe them so strongly that evidence be damned!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a lot of crazy posted here but I feel I need to address this one point mainly because that's not what the CDC said. What they actually said:

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold"

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. It's an amazing conspiracy perpetrated by millions of people. The WHO with their limited budget are paying millions of people in government, coroner offices, hospitals, scientists, research fellows, disease control and investigation. Literally millions of people are being paid by the WHO to create this myth and no one leaks any evidence of this conspiracy. Amazing.

Meanwhile you know who's not lying? Bob on YouTube. Sure he has no epidemiological qualifications. Sure he never finished school. But he has YouTube so he knows more than anyone else!

/Sarcasm

I love Conspiracy Theories. They're always so highly flawed but people believe them so strongly that evidence be damned!
Liar!!!!!

George Soros is paying for all of it!!!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a lot of crazy posted here but I feel I need to address this one point mainly because that's not what the CDC said. What they actually said:

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold"

Which means the statistics are flawed and inflated

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

/Sarcasm

What makes you trust government and mainstream media?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are videos of doctors in the u.s being taken down for addressing the misinformation on covid 19?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which means the statistics are flawed and inflated
They're definitely not 100% accurate. There's many cases missed and many cases inflated.

Should be pointed out that the chance of testing positive without the virus is very low. The chance of testing negative when you have the virus is a lot higher. So there's a higher chance the numbers are lower.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What makes you trust government and mainstream media?
I don't. I don't trust anyone. Instead I follow the trail of evidence and way up the odds.

The odds that:

- the well educated millions involved in virus testing and research are either lying and made up fake evidence or they're just wrong

Vs

- the uneducated conspiracy theorists with no evidence figured it all out based on a lot of guess work and assumption

Simple deduction.

That and the fact that I have friends working on vaccine research and testing and I trust those people.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is a software developer allowed to speak on vaccinations yet real doctors are being censored?
Why are videos of doctors in the u.s being taken down for addressing the misinformation on covid 19?
Simple answer. One group is spreading disinformation and the other group isn't. Also, it's private organisations that are taking down the videos. Not the government.

Certain groups are spreading disinformation and conspiracy theorists believe it. So some private organisations decided to take down these videos to attempt to stem the flow of disinformation as lies cause more damage than facts.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep in mind that these groups are in the vast minority and they're not working on a virus cure. They're not studying the virus. They're a combination of a few doctors and many normal civilians who have no expertise in the virus against masses of actual experts who are saying the complete opposite.

Trusting the minority over the majority is completely illogical.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're definitely not 100% accurate. There's many cases missed and many cases inflated.

Should be pointed out that the chance of testing positive without the virus is very low. The chance of testing negative when you have the virus is a lot higher. So there's a higher chance the numbers are lower.
So do you agree that stage 4 restrictions are illogical And the way it is being handled?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So do you agree that stage 4 restrictions are illogical And the way it is being handled?
A bit. It's definitely not being handled well. Some of the key problems:

- announcing the border lockdowns before locking down the borders just encouraged people to cross the borders early

- the kerfew just means that there's less time for people to shop which means more people packed into a shop at one time

- forcing people to stay in doors while the virus has a very low transmission rate outdoors is a bit illogical

But something had to be done. Just look at the US where less than 2% of the population has been infected and they have nearly 160,000 dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.