Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled it, it was pointless waste of resources.

Is it a coincidence that covid took off again weeks after all these blm marches? I dunno but it's not because it's winter, it's summer in the usa. I'm all for equality and am against racism, but for me the marches during a pandemic was careless and moronic.
And the idiots want to have another march on Tuesday in Sydney while we are in the process of trying to stop NSW from turning into Victoria. Common sense tells you it a bad idea to try doing it now, just like last time.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. The app was a terrible idea. It was Australia's poor attempt to mix liberty and authority. In other countries where the app has worked, the app has been mandatory and tracked your every move. As we won't do that it in Australia, instead we have this weak attempt which is effectively just a waste of money.

It only tracks a person if you have been near them for 15 minutes, and if they flag themselves as having tested positive. To be effectively a lot of things need to line up that would never line up.
And if your phone is in lock mode, which it is most of the time when it is in your pocket when you're out and about, the app doesn't work at all. Once I heard about that, and once I stopped laughing, I uninstalled it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Victoria can't shut it down why do the NSW Government think they will do it better?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If Victoria can't shut it down why do the NSW Government think they will do it better?
Because we actually implemented rigorous checks here on hotel quarantine with police and army officers involved rather than dodgy security contractors.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a big number. Although there is some initial indications that deaths and cases have peaked based on the last 3 days of data.
Does that over the weekend ,check Thursday and Friday they may well be hitting 1000 + a day again

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Does that over the weekend ,check Thursday and Friday they may well be hitting 1000 + a day again
True, although when compared with the previous weekend, they are also slightly down (in terms of infections).

QUestion I have though, why do deaths reduce so dramatically over each weekend? I would have thought deaths would be more constant (no one gets to choose when they die)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a big number. Although there is some initial indications that deaths and cases have peaked based on the last 3 days of data.
I think that has to do with how they record deaths. They generally record a death if the person dies from with Covid-19 and if the cause of death is found to be something else then it's removed from the death count the next few days which shows up and downs. If you look over their last few weeks of data it's a constant pattern of going up then down every few days but there's an overall slow trend upward.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can see the trend pattern here. USA are trying to get it as accurate as possible which is why it looks weird. If they remove the data from past days then it won't be seen in places like Worldometers. So they remove it from future deaths.

This is oppose to England who currently have really messed up stats.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You can see the trend pattern here. USA are trying to get it as accurate as possible which is why it looks weird. If they remove the data from past days then it won't be seen in places like Worldometers. So they remove it from future deaths.

This is oppose to England who currently have really messed up stats.

But why are the deaths always lower on Friday/Saturday and Sunday? Is it because they are getting to the end of the week and just reducing the deaths due to deaths recorded earlier in the week which turned out not to be Covid?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't help but think the high number of reports of Covid in Victoria vs NSW is directly related to the fact that they've been testing a far higher portion of their population. I don't have stats on the portion of those infected that are asymptomatic. But I'd guess that unrecognised cases are more frequent than we know in NSW and that the bulk of reported sufferers in NSW are those with recognised symptoms.

In the long run their strenuous testing might just mean that Victoria copes with the virus better than us.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick solution for the protesters. If U show up to protest during this pandemic you must immediately quarantine in a hotel for 14days at your own cost.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. The app was a terrible idea. It was Australia's poor attempt to mix liberty and authority. In other countries where the app has worked, the app has been mandatory and tracked your every move. As we won't do that it in Australia, instead we have this weak attempt which is effectively just a waste of money.

It only tracks a person if you have been near them for 15 minutes, and if they flag themselves as having tested positive. To be effectively a lot of things need to line up that would never line up.
Nokia sales are through the roof apparently and there are less on the net and more expensive now.

Probably because the word going around is that they secretly install a tracker with phone updates. Only "proof" they have is the batteries don't last as long.

I just find it funny how people just realise now that phones are traceable, with or without an app.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But why are the deaths always lower on Friday/Saturday and Sunday? Is it because they are getting to the end of the week and just reducing the deaths due to deaths recorded earlier in the week which turned out not to be Covid?
I haven't looked too far into it but I think that's the case. Just the way they log it. Makes sense as they're less likely to carry out autopsies during the weekend so they would load up negative deaths on the weekend which would counteract the positive deaths.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nokia sales are through the roof apparently and there are less on the net and more expensive now.

Probably because the word going around is that they secretly install a tracker with phone updates. Only "proof" they have is the batteries don't last as long.

I just find it funny how people just realise now that phones are traceable, with or without an app.
Yep. It's pretty funny. So many still don't realise that unless you opt out, Google, Apple and many others are tracking your every move.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. It's pretty funny. So many still don't realise that unless you opt out, Google, Apple and many others are tracking your every move.
At this point in time, let them fkn track me from home to st Vincent's to the pharmacy lol

I'm pretty sure they would be sick of Mexican and Russian MILFs if they monitor me lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I watched the Joe Rogan interview with Edward Snowden the other day.

Snowden mentioned the fact that iphones now have batteries in them so you can't take them out. Which makes him believe that phones are on and tracking you (even when you have 'switched them off').

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Quick solution for the protesters. If U show up to protest during this pandemic you must immediately quarantine in a hotel for 14days at your own cost.
I don't think their dole payments would cover it.But if they are confined they can't fulfil their mutual obligations can they?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.