Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The media has been gagging for a 2nd wave, now watch them spin more bullshit for a 3rd wave.
Dude how many supposed '2nd waves' have we had? People saying this probably buy all the toilet papers and food off the shelves and look like fools when shit doesn't happen.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was reading up about the sociology and psychology about it. From my narrow understanding of it, it's to do with evolutionary biology and the fact that we have evolved to trust what we learn first. So when people grow up in a community where they're taught that republicans are right about everything, Liberals are evil, God is the only true authority, and evolution is a lie, they have that belief built heavily into them and it makes it near impossible to change anyone's mind.
The heavy barrage of propaganda is non stop though hacky. They don't even get a chance to look outside of the little box they live in

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that I'm 'saying it' - I'm simply telling you what has already proven to be true in multiple scientific studies. Children almost never die from coronavirus and they also catch it at exeedingly low rates.

You might not like hearing this but it's true.
I'm not disputing your facts, I'm questioning your sanity in believing it's a good idea to re-open schools during an exploding pandemic? But hey, you can plumb the depths of that line of thought all you want, I'm bailing while I can still see the surface.

As far as I'm concerned, that line from Trump was simply another distraction from the unmitigated disaster that has been his handling of this pandemic. Even the commuting of the sentence for Stone is nothing more than a distraction from his complete mishandling of this situation. Trump has now adopted the "hide my eyes" strategy of simply trying to ignore the problem away. That's why he doesn't wear masks, wearing a mask puts the virus front and centre and he can't ignore it, not wearing a mask means he can dismiss it and hope the rest of this stupid country does the same...but they can't as the ever increasing numbers prove.

This pandemic and Trump's mishandling of it will go down in history as one of the greatest failures of leadership in modern times and that will be his legacy.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have a winner
A coronavirus patient in his 30s has died from COVID-19 after attending a ‘COVID party’, a San Antonio health official said.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
An interesting interview with Fauci on the state of Coronavirus in the US, and the fact that Trump has constantly ignored his advice.

https://www.ft.com/content/57834c2c-a078-4736-9173-8fb32cfbbf4e
I guess some of his actions contradict what he says, didn't he get busted taking his mask off as soon as he finished his press conference?

I'm not saying that makes him a fraud but it doesn't help him.

PS I just wish experts can speak the truth and call out bullshit without the threat of them getting sacked or worse.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not disputing your facts, I'm questioning your sanity in believing it's a good idea to re-open schools during an exploding pandemic? But hey, you can plumb the depths of that line of thought all you want, I'm bailing while I can still see the surface.

As far as I'm concerned, that line from Trump was simply another distraction from the unmitigated disaster that has been his handling of this pandemic. Even the commuting of the sentence for Stone is nothing more than a distraction from his complete mishandling of this situation. Trump has now adopted the "hide my eyes" strategy of simply trying to ignore the problem away. That's why he doesn't wear masks, wearing a mask puts the virus front and centre and he can't ignore it, not wearing a mask means he can dismiss it and hope the rest of this stupid country does the same...but they can't as the ever increasing numbers prove.

This pandemic and Trump's mishandling of it will go down in history as one of the greatest failures of leadership in modern times and that will be his legacy.
If you acknowledge the facts that children rarely die from Covid and also spread it far less, then the logical conclusion (at the very least) is the consideration of resumption of schooling in full.

The only other alternative is to keep kids home (which is clearly not a great way for kids to learn).

If you take your solution then the inevitable question is 'at what point can kids go back to school'? How many infections / deaths per day is the number at which school can resume? Or are you saying that school can not resume until there is a vaccine? What if a vaccine is unable to be found?

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently someone positive with corona was at canterbury leagues on the 4th of july

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess some of his actions contradict what he says, didn't he get busted taking his mask off as soon as he finished his press conference?

I'm not saying that makes him a fraud but it doesn't help him.

PS I just wish experts can speak the truth and call out bullshit without the threat of them getting sacked or worse.
You mean Trump?

Yeah. Apparently he wore a mask for the first time but took it off as soon as he stepped away from the crowd. At least that's what I was told but I haven't looked into it much.

Side note, saw a funny meme earlier that showed Trump wearing the black face mask and the other image is Ivanka saying, "Where did my black underwear go?"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you acknowledge the facts that children rarely die from Covid and also spread it far less, then the logical conclusion (at the very least) is the consideration of resumption of schooling in full.

The only other alternative is to keep kids home (which is clearly not a great way for kids to learn).

If you take your solution then the inevitable question is 'at what point can kids go back to school'? How many infections / deaths per day is the number at which school can resume? Or are you saying that school can not resume until there is a vaccine? What if a vaccine is unable to be found?
This highlights one of the main problems I've seen during the Covid-19 pandemic. There's two sides and each side claim superiority based on hind sight.

This happened with the WHO and many country leaders saying not to wear masks. At the time that was the advice based on the scientific evidence. When the advice turned out to be wrong, they changed their stance. Immediately everyone jumped on the, "I was right but you didn't listen to me"

Same thing happening here. The evidence said that kids barely spread it. Now there is some evidence that kids may be stronger spreaders and people are going to jump on the "I was right all along" stance.

But in each case it's just a guess becoming correct. That doesn't mean anyone was right from the start. Just that they had a belief that was eventually supported by the scientific method. Regardless if a guess turns out to be right, until it's confirmed, it's still a guess and we don't base policy on guesses.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This highlights one of the main problems I've seen during the Covid-19 pandemic. There's two sides and each side claim superiority based on hind sight.

This happened with the WHO and many country leaders saying not to wear masks. At the time that was the advice based on the scientific evidence. When the advice turned out to be wrong, they changed their stance. Immediately everyone jumped on the, "I was right but you didn't listen to me"

Same thing happening here. The evidence said that kids barely spread it. Now there is some evidence that kids may be stronger spreaders and people are going to jump on the "I was right all along" stance.

But in each case it's just a guess becoming correct. That doesn't mean anyone was right from the start. Just that they had a belief that was eventually supported by the scientific method. Regardless if a guess turns out to be right, until it's confirmed, it's still a guess and we don't base policy on guesses.
The problem here hacky is that more leverage is being given to keeping the economy running than protecting peoples lives.

Rather than the play it safe model our government (and their cheerleaders) are coming up with unsubstantiated garbage and following that and rightfully they should receive criticism when they've displayed that their agenda is to open up the country asap rather than protecting peoples lives.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You mean Trump?

Yeah. Apparently he wore a mask for the first time but took it off as soon as he stepped away from the crowd. At least that's what I was told but I haven't looked into it much.

Side note, saw a funny meme earlier that showed Trump wearing the black face mask and the other image is Ivanka saying, "Where did my black underwear go?"
Pretty sure it was Fauci, I'll try to find it.

PS trump not wearing a mask is his way of showing that there is no problem, but he is a major part of the problem, especially for the brain dead hicks that follow him blindly.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely it could ,we may be fucked I've never seen so many vic number plates that crept in this week 3 last night when we turned off freeway and a few the day before on the way to work fully loaded up and today one that's 5 carlload just in Woy Woy alone. Shit could get real soon
We have had a few here on mid north coast in our little village which is 12 out from the outskirts of our closest town. Came in Saturday of the first week of THEIR holidays (June 27) The number of caravans with VIC number plates driving in the access roads to town centre is numbing. I sit and watch the news and hear the reports of cases spiking and getting out of control over seas and it is like watching a movie Contagion, Outbreak The Stand, Carriers , Virus all rolled into one. Scary stuff and people ( well a lot of them ) don't seem to care . Perfect as Ostriches with their heads in the sand. Yeah, sure, don't get hysterical about it but some are not even giving it even a passing thought,,,,,,

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3 new cases in the ACT today...here it comes - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-08/act-records-three-new-coronavirus-cases/12434772

Three Canberra residents from the same household have tested positive for coronavirus, a month after the last known positive case in the territory, ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr has confirmed.

All three cases are linked to the outbreak in Victoria, where more than 100 new cases were recorded today.
Frightening and so it begins....again...

Status
Not open for further replies.