Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
When you watch him talk and give answers to the press he looks the same as he did when he was hosting the Apprentice.

Honestly how on earth did he get the gig as president anyway and is he just changing his mind every five minutes as to what will be done just because the people of America are our protesting and demanding their right to do as they want and elections are around the corner?

The way he chops and changes his outlook on things is unbelievable and if they ever made a movie about this pandemic and the situation in America he would probably want to play the role he performs everyday.
This pandemic will not be put to bed anytime soon as cases will continue in the States jeopardising travel, import/export and peoples lives in general let alone how it can affect other countries. God help us if air travel is back on the agenda soon....
If you haven't worked this out after 3.5 years, I feel you are likely to believe the general narrative written about him (which is partly true, but also partly false).

He won office because Clinton was a tainted candidate with a history of lies and deception and people (some people anyway) were fed up with being governed by an elitist class of people from Washington/New York & LA who generally looked (and still look) down their noses at everyone else in other parts of America (particularly middle america).

People who voted for Trump knew he was/is a 'colourful' property developer, but they hated the elites so much that they didn't give a f***. Many of the votes were cast as a big F*** you to the elites of America.

I'm not someone who blindly supports Trump (although there are aspects of his style that I like).

I also think that America deserved/needed someone like Trump in the presidency because the country had gone way too far in one direction in terms of political correctness and selling themselves out to overseas countries for the benefits of a small group CEOs, consultants, political advisers but generally no one else.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year are you living in? Young people check the time on their phones. Being an expert on saving money and spending it wisely, I thought you'd know this. You don't need 4 watches. My $7.95 military watch does the same job those 4 watches of yours do, but I don't use it because I use my phone.
A proper watch (more than $7.99) is about jewellry first and a timepiece second..

Watch a movie, actors have almost always are wearing a watch. It's just a must have accessory. It completed your look. A man without a watch is like a woman without earrings, they look no frills vanilla

Hopefully one day you will wear something a little more than $7.99

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think he knows he is the world's biggest troll and takes the piss out of everyone because he loves the reaction.
Nah. He's not the world's biggest troll, 'cause he's not the President of the United States.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you haven't worked this out after 3.5 years, I feel you are likely to believe the general narrative written about him (which is partly true, but also partly false).

He won office because Clinton was a tainted candidate with a history of lies and deception and people (some people anyway) were fed up with being governed by an elitist class of people from Washington/New York & LA who generally looked (and still look) down their noses at everyone else in other parts of America (particularly middle america).

People who voted for Trump knew he was/is a 'colourful' property developer, but they hated the elites so much that they didn't give a f***. Many of the votes were cast as a big F*** you to the elites of America.

I'm not someone who blindly supports Trump (although there are aspects of his style that I like).

I also think that America deserved/needed someone like Trump in the presidency because the country had gone way too far in one direction in terms of political correctness and selling themselves out to overseas countries for the benefits of a small group CEOs, consultants, political advisers but generally no one else.
I don't like Trump but I agree with much of this.

Trump was the right guy at the right time. America were sick of dealing with the same class of people and Trump happened to be someone who said, "I'm going to shake things up", and people believed him.

And he did shake things up a bit. He also did many stupid things and let down many of his voters by not meeting the promises he made. Not entirely his fault though. No one told him that he wouldn't have as much power as he thought he would have.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
someone told me yesterday that in terms of Coronavirus, that fat is worse than old.

Do you guys think there is merit to that?

The reason im giving it credibility is because the victims of this disease or all black (and some white) Americans, UK, Italians etc.

Vietnam, India and ....Japan (worlds oldest country) is untouched.

It worries me because my gf, who is from the pacific islands, is 5'4 and 165 kilos, and she believes that the virus wont get to her because she wears oil based moisturiser that 'blocks it out' which i disagree with and am worried.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
First flight Canberra to Wellington July 1st
Which won't be for the public .then will be buisness flights first if all works well normal travel between aus and nz will be operating by September along with Pacific nations.
Around Sep other low risk countries will be introduced like Japan,South Korea,Taiwan but may require 2 weeks quarantine when arriving home .places like bali forget about for a long time and the USA just forget about all together .by 2027 Queensland may think about opening their boarders ,Tasmania will be come a breakaway state and a safe haven for those who like incestuous relationships

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Oh I do agree with you there. My comments were rather like a shake of the head. :expressionless:

Yeah, he had pretty much a clear passage to run as you say and it was certainly the people being fed up with whoever else may have been running. I am just not sure that the people were really knowing exactly what they were going to get. He certainly has an unusual tack on things and has not been the first 'celebrity' to win an election for the presidency.Some of his comments during the COVID 19 situation have just been ...well....unusual?
Will he be re-elected you think? Both candidates are not young men either and who knows if the election will go off as it normally would due to COVID 19 delays for the primaries.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

He needs to get off Twitter though!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And this is how stupid the American public are in that they railed against "the small group of CEO's and elites" and fell head over feet for the bullshit of one and elected him.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Twitter is just a shit platform all together. It is running thick with SJW's attacking anyone and anything that they deem offending. It gives voice to too many retards.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
And this is how stupid the American public are in that they railed against "the small group of CEO's and elites" and fell head over feet for the bullshit of one and elected him.
There wasn't much of a choice between the two candidates they had to pick from. It's like saying "hey, you have only two teams to pick from in the nrl to support, but they are either Melbourne or South Sydney"

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There wasn't much of a choice between the two candidates they had to pick from. It's like saying "hey, you have only two teams to pick from in the nrl to support, but they are either Melbourne or South Sydney"
100% agree. Trump is a merely a symptom of the corruption that has permeated the American political system for decades. It is nothing more that a play thing for bored billionaires and the two political parties are different heads of the same corporate elite snake.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever considered the impact on the broader society, that just a few people have.

Example:

President of the US
Chairman of the Fed
CEOs of Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Apple

That's 6 people. These 6 people collectively can change the course of history.

And you're going to tell me that we shouldn't worry about a few thousand CEO's, political advisors and members of the media ?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
True - I actually agree with this. But I've personally just accepted that Trump is his own man. He doesn't care what the media think (especially) and he doesn't care about a lot of political correctness. He seems to just be a bull at a gate and if he wants something done, then he doesn't really care (within reason) how it gets accomplished.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like Trump but I agree with much of this.

Trump was the right guy at the right time. America were sick of dealing with the same class of people and Trump happened to be someone who said, "I'm going to shake things up", and people believed him.

And he did shake things up a bit. He also did many stupid things and let down many of his voters by not meeting the promises he made. Not entirely his fault though. No one told him that he wouldn't have as much power as he thought he would have.
Still the most amazing thing about Trump winning which hasn't really been covered much (I'd love to see a good documentary on it) is:

- Almost the entire American political, corporate, celebrity and media establishment actively campaigned against him.

- The idea that one man who has no background in politics was able to beat career politicians at their own game is truly amazing (regardless of anyones political opinion of Trump).

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever considered the impact on the broader society, that just a few people have.

Example:

President of the US
Chairman of the Fed
CEOs of Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Apple

That's 6 people. These 6 people collectively can change the course of history.

And you're going to tell me that we shouldn't worry about a few thousand CEO's, political advisors and members of the media ?
This is nothing new and has been the golden rule throughout mankind's history, whoever holds the gold makes the rules. Whether it be kings, popes or dictators, smart and charismatic individuals have always changed the course of our history. The problem today is our leaders are dumb and charismatic yet they are changing our course anyway and all we can do is gird our loins.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still the most amazing thing about Trump winning which hasn't really been covered much (I'd love to see a good documentary on it) is:

- Almost the entire American political, corporate, celebrity and media establishment actively campaigned against him.

- The idea that one man who has no background in politics was able to beat career politicians at their own game is truly amazing (regardless of anyones political opinion of Trump).
I would disagree with that statement. Corporate America plunged massive coin into Trumps campaign to get one of their own into the big chair. And he started out good by lower taxes for the rich, but the fact he put tarriffs on everything pissed them off, but they backed him to the hilt.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is nothing new and has been the golden rule throughout mankind's history, whoever holds the gold makes the rules. Whether it be kings, popes or dictators, smart and charismatic individuals have always changed the course of our history. The problem today is our leaders are dumb and charismatic yet they are changing our course anyway and all we can do is gird our loins.
But this was my point to your earlier post when you said people who voted for Trump were stupid to rally against the small group of elites and fell head of heels for Trump.

It's not stupid to rally against a small group of elites if those small group of elites have done (in the voters minds) an awful job of running America and negatively affecting peoples lives

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Twitter is just a shit platform all together. It is running thick with SJW's attacking anyone and anything that they deem offending. It gives voice to too many retards.
I’m on Twitter..met some nice people..but a lot of wankers too!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True - I actually agree with this. But I've personally just accepted that Trump is his own man. He doesn't care what the media think (especially) and he doesn't care about a lot of political correctness. He seems to just be a bull at a gate and if he wants something done, then he doesn't really care (within reason) how it gets accomplished.
Unless they agree with him! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.