Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Noone would should lead the world. The world requires a balance, preferably a tripod one where you have Europe, Asia and the Americas forming 3 distinct powerhouses. It just basically means when one gets out of hand the other two should gang up and prevent them, however for this to actually occur the West really needs to acknowledge just how much they've exploited Asia in the past 200 years, starting with the Opium wars and ending with the lack of any form of reparation to Asia post world war 2.

America has been on the decline since the end of the Soviet Union because it has reigned unchecked. Trump being elected has wiped away any semblance of what America used to represent, they're no better than China. Both of which are flat track bullies that love to flex on the international stage. This virus has highlighted the worst in every country and we should count ourselves lucky that we are in Australia, we have done extremely well with this virus and us Aussies as a whole have been doing well. It's time we stopped following the states and forge our own path

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NZ, 9 new cases , will find out tomorrow at 4pm if we go to level 3.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Noone would should lead the world. The world requires a balance, preferably a tripod one where you have Europe, Asia and the Americas forming 3 distinct powerhouses. It just basically means when one gets out of hand the other two should gang up and prevent them, however for this to actually occur the West really needs to acknowledge just how much they've exploited Asia in the past 200 years, starting with the Opium wars and ending with the lack of any form of reparation to Asia post world war 2.

America has been on the decline since the end of the Soviet Union because it has reigned unchecked. Trump being elected has wiped away any semblance of what America used to represent, they're no better than China. Both of which are flat track bullies that love to flex on the international stage. This virus has highlighted the worst in every country and we should count ourselves lucky that we are in Australia, we have done extremely well with this virus and us Aussies as a whole have been doing well. It's time we stopped following the states and forge our own path
I don’t think America is a bad nation. They did save the world from the nazis. I honestly believe without them overseeing the world it wouldn’t be as free as it is. I’d rather them a powerhouse than the alternatives. I think we are quite independent but still need assurances for our own sovereignty, especially being such a small nation

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah nice. But weren’t they allies to begin with? My memory isn’t the best on all this. I thought they partnered with Nazi early on
In brief
Russia helped liberate Germany in 1812–15 in the Napoleonic Wars, and the two were generally friendly for a century, especially during the time of Otto von Bismarck who established the League of Three Emperors in 1873 with Russia, Germany, and Austria-Hungary. But after Bismarck's dismissal in 1890, his successors chose to support Austria against Russia over competing influence in the Balkans. Germany fought against Russia in World War I (1914–1918). Relations were warm in the 1920s, very cold in the 1930s, friendly in 1939–41, and then turned into war to the death in 1941–45.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In brief
Russia helped liberate Germany in 1812–15 in the Napoleonic Wars, and the two were generally friendly for a century, especially during the time of Otto von Bismarck who established the League of Three Emperors in 1873 with Russia, Germany, and Austria-Hungary. But after Bismarck's dismissal in 1890, his successors chose to support Austria against Russia over competing influence in the Balkans. Germany fought against Russia in World War I (1914–1918). Relations were warm in the 1920s, very cold in the 1930s, friendly in 1939–41, and then turned into war to the death in 1941–45.
Gees good knowledge mate. Better than mine, and I was a back not a forward lol. Not knowing your position of course in the greatest game of all

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gees good knowledge mate. Better than mine, and I was a back not a forward lol. Not knowing your position of course in the greatest game of all
I've been playing a lot of war thunder and listening to a lot ww2 podcasts lol

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think America is a bad nation. They did save the world from the nazis. I honestly believe without them overseeing the world it wouldn’t be as free as it is. I’d rather them a powerhouse than the alternatives. I think we are quite independent but still need assurances for our own sovereignty, especially being such a small nation
The America that freed the world from the Nazis no longer exists. They haven't since the Soviets collapsed. Compare Roosevelt to Trump and compare the American nation back then to now. These days America furthers its own agendas and bullies everyone that doesn't listen, the America back then used to genuinely want to help weaker nations and saw it as their duty to do so. America should remain a powerhouse but they shouldn't be meddling in Europe or Asia anymore

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been playing a lot of war thunder and listening to a lot ww2 podcasts lol
On a different note, I work with a Chinese man. Australian citizen, yet was asked by fellow employee, if China went to war with Australia who would he support. He said China. I thought ok, that’s fair u stick to where you’ve been raised and where family reside. Then he was asked about the sending of medical supplies to China knowing we needed them here. During this pandemic of course. He didn’t hesitate and said would send them to China over us. That pissed me off beyond belief. I’ve maid a vow to not communicate or work with this individual anymore.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The America that freed the world from the Nazis no longer exists. They haven't since the Soviets collapsed. Compare Roosevelt to Trump and compare the American nation back then to now. These days America furthers its own agendas and bullies everyone that doesn't listen, the America back then used to genuinely want to help weaker nations and saw it as their duty to do so. America should remain a powerhouse but they shouldn't be meddling in Europe or Asia anymore
Although I support your basic premise..and I am no way shouting you down..but truly.. The United States have never really cared about anybody apart from themselves. I mean let’s take both World Wars. The First World War, they didn’t enter until 1917, the only reason they did was because their merchant ships..they’d actually been profiting off the war..were getting sunk after Germany allowed unrestricted submarine warfare..plus the intercepted Zimmermann Note in 1917, which was a telegram to Mexico asking if they would join in an alliance withe Germany..Prior President Woodrow Wilson was active in keeping them out.. I will give Woodrow a few points as he did start the idea of a League of Nations, which looked at focusing on negotiating rather than conflict. However, the US followed a foreign policy of isolationism, so didn’t join, and stopped getting involved with anything not concerning themselves.. As for WWII again they didn’t sign up to it in 1939, they only entered in 1941 after the bombing of Pearl Harbour.. After this came the Cold War with Soviet Union..and their entire effort was not about protecting the world..but protecting their own interests..making sure the Soviets don’t influence other countries which meant the US would lose both political power and economic power..as it would do if these nations fell to Communism.. So basically the US. have been self interested pricks for years.. It’s just that Trump is so bloody obvious about it!

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...s/news-story/44b495c11d7b314e35f0c6e24a867270

The bit about the flushing of toilets with the lid down is true. When hubby had his chemo after removal of cancer he was told that after he finished in the bathroom he had to flush the toilet with a full flush and with the lid down.
They also reckon that being near someone who is simply talking may be an issue due to water droplets expelled from the mouth.
People are also urged to flush the toilet with the lid closed, because of a “toilet plume phenomenon”, according to The Conversation.

The action of flushing a toilet causes up to 145,000 aerosolised droplets to be disturbed and thrown around the room, and become suspended in the air for hours, according to the report.

Closing the toilet lid is particularly recommended in public toilets.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although I support your basic premise..and I am no way shouting you down..but truly.. The United States have never really cared about anybody apart from themselves. I mean let’s take both World Wars. The First World War, they didn’t enter until 1917, the only reason they did was because their merchant ships..they’d actually been profiting off the war..were getting sunk after Germany allowed unrestricted submarine warfare..plus the intercepted Zimmermann Note in 1917, which was a telegram to Mexico asking if they would join in an alliance withe Germany..Prior President Woodrow Wilson was active in keeping them out.. I will give Woodrow a few points as he did start the idea of a League of Nations, which looked at focusing on negotiating rather than conflict. However, the US followed a foreign policy of isolationism, so didn’t join, and stopped getting involved with anything not concerning themselves.. As for WWII again they didn’t sign up to it in 1939, they only entered in 1941 after the bombing of Pearl Harbour.. After this came the Cold War with Soviet Union..and their entire effort was not about protecting the world..but protecting their own interests..making sure the Soviets don’t influence other countries which meant the US would lose both political power and economic power..as it would do if these nations fell to Communism.. So basically the US. have been self interested pricks for years.. It’s just that Trump is so bloody obvious about it!
To be fair i do agree. I probably should've phrased better, essentially we all know all countries are self interested and should always first and foremost be looking out for themselves and their own citizens, the comparison is under their rule they were essentially the better compared to the Soviets. We can definitely add that they gained great economic power and profited greatly from the devastation of Asia and Europe in both those world wars which essentially changed the world order.

However being led by an America of old would still be a fair bit better than being led by any other superpower that exists today. I do believe that the America government (Not their system or their citizens) today is absolutely no different to Russian or Chinese government because they've even dropped the facade of being a representation of a democracy

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On a different note, I work with a Chinese man. Australian citizen, yet was asked by fellow employee, if China went to war with Australia who would he support. He said China. I thought ok, that’s fair u stick to where you’ve been raised and where family reside. Then he was asked about the sending of medical supplies to China knowing we needed them here. During this pandemic of course. He didn’t hesitate and said would send them to China over us. That pissed me off beyond belief. I’ve maid a vow to not communicate or work with this individual anymore.
Plenty of Aussie born Chinese are different though. They identify as Australia as their home country and China as their ancestral home, although asking them to pick is quite difficult. Australia is honestly one of the better countries when it comes to racism (compared to the UK and the US), and we have seen odd cases of racism but nothing major. However i do believe that everyone that calls this country home should 100% support Australia over any other country, you or your ancestors came here for a reason and you live here for a reason.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plenty of Aussie born Chinese are different though. They identify as Australia as their home country and China as their ancestral home, although asking them to pick is quite difficult. Australia is honestly one of the better countries when it comes to racism (compared to the UK and the US), and we have seen odd cases of racism but nothing major. However i do believe that everyone that calls this country home should 100% support Australia over any other country, you or your ancestors came here for a reason and you live here for a reason.
I know, but if I said what he said I’d be the biggest racist in the world. Yet when he said it, everyone said nothing and backs away!! No ones allowed to be racist in Australia but Australians. Anyway rant over, ur right my great grandparents came here for a reason, to which I’m forever grateful.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair i do agree. I probably should've phrased better, essentially we all know all countries are self interested and should always first and foremost be looking out for themselves and their own citizens, the comparison is under their rule they were essentially the better compared to the Soviets. We can definitely add that they gained great economic power and profited greatly from the devastation of Asia and Europe in both those world wars which essentially changed the world order.

However being led by an America of old would still be a fair bit better than being led by any other superpower that exists today. I do believe that the America government (Not their system or their citizens) today is absolutely no different to Russian or Chinese government because they've even dropped the facade of being a representation of a democracy
Absolutely..it’s sad isn’t.. I mean before Trump at least they’d look like they took a leading role.. Now they do bugger all..just bitch among each other..while their citizens suffer..

Status
Not open for further replies.