Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In regard to your router, wireless routers use two main spectrum. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Basically put, the 2.4 GHz is slower but will travel a bit further through the house. The 5 GHz is faster. If your devices have 5 GHz then you're probably better off using it. You can also mix and match. Put some devices on the 5 GHz and some on the 2.4 GHz to avoid them interrupting each other.

In regard to 5G, yeah. But only if you want to use 5G internet. You can still use the fixed line NBN but if you want to use 5G instead of NBN then you need a new modem/router. Your Telco will usually give you a 5G modem/router when you sign up. If you want to keep the old router then you can usually bridge the connection from the new modem to the old router

The newer phones coming out like the Samsung S20 also have 5G capability.
S20? Did they just skip a whole bunch of numbers or have a missed a few phones?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who would verse who? Murika v Chi-nah? More importantly is who Mother Russia will back.
Take your pick really. Nationalism is a broad brush, there are different forms of nationalism. If Nationalism does increase in the near future as a result of Covid 19, the chance of a massive war goes up substantially. The world was kind of heading that way anyway, almost everyone who can remember WW2 has gone, and the World trade and Globalisation that was begun in the late 40s and 50s specifically to stop another world war from ever happening again were starting to come under threat. Covid 19 has massively insanely accelerated the whole process.

So who might be the key players in a massive war? Here are some speculative views:

I'd pick China to go back into it's shell. China IS very nationalistic already, which is part of the reason it has done really well in the last 30 years, it has been operating in a context of unprecedented levels of Globalisation. China historically has been very insular, and as it sees nations around the world inevitably becoming more nationalistic and self-reliant it will probably go back into hiding. The fact that Covid 19 originated in China is also going to be a factor, the third world countries in which China has been trying to gain influence are probably going to cop it badly because of Covid 19, and do so for years. They won't be nearly so happy to see Chinese diplomats come knocking any more. China has tried to mend the situation by sending aid, but most of the test kits they sent don't work properly.

The US was trending towards Nationalism, but was still more or less fulfilling it's role as the world's policeman in the context of Globalisation. I suspect that the way things will go will mean that the US will turn towards isolationism regardless of who wins the Presidency in the coming elections. Not because of ideology, but because they won't have much option. The US is already getting hit hard, within about 2 weeks their death toll is going to go past Italy, and its going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Sooner or later they are going to start putting red lines through their overseas expenditures, whether that be military expenses or the billions they spend projecting soft power. They will risk substantial civil unrest if they don't pay significant attention to their domestic situation.

Europe is where the previous World wars kicked off. Keep an eye on threats to the EU, the current crisis is going to place a lot of strain it. The EU does two main things; it opens up borders, and it combines economies. Covid 19 has closed the borders, and the unequal manner in which member economies are going to be hit will make a combined economy harder and harder to maintain.

In all this Russia is perhaps well set. Covid 19 will effect their built up areas, Moscow already is taking major action against it, but the general populace of Russia is genuinely tough, they have a different mindset compared to the general populace of the US, UK, and western Europe. Russia is also typically positive for net exports, which means they have a good degree of self-reliance, they are generally relied upon. Russia has excellent access to natural resources, which puts them in good stead for an increasingly nationalistic international environment, and they tend to do well in both manufacture and agriculture. This is really important. Take for example Japan in WW2. Japan relies heavily on imports of raw material for its manufacturing. Australia stopped selling them iron ore in 1938. USA stopped selling them iron ore in October 1940. For Japan to maintain it's nationalistic ambition it had to try and take iron ore by force, which of course brought the US into the war after they bombed Pearl Harbour. Because Japan didn't gain significant sources of iron ore it couldn't produce weaponry on the scale the US did, and ultimately it lost the war. Russia doesn't have that problem. If it can ride out the Covid 19 crisis it could be well positioned. And I reckon Mother Russia might be holding a few grudges over the actions of NATO and it's neighbours over the last few decades. Look up "three seas initiative" for an example of something Russia is not happy about at all...

But what might actually trigger a major war? Hard to know, but if I were Israel and Palestine I'd be having a good hard think about patching things up and making out like they are friends pretty soon. Most sources of potential conflict are relatively localised, but that is not the case in the middle east. If Russia wanted a pretext to project hard power into the Mediterranean and Gulf regions, it is going to find the Middle East a pretty tempting target. If the US backs down as global policeman, Russia might decide it is time to sort out the Israel-Palestine issue "for the good of an already suffering world".

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
S20? Did they just skip a whole bunch of numbers or have a missed a few phones?
Don't you remember the country went in to hibernation ? It's 2030 people are hoping this will be the year pay gets us into the 8 ,castle has officially ran multiple sports into the ground she killed union, cricket ,the a league and beach volleyball but keeps getting jobs because she is a woman. Bruce Jenner is back after he cryogenically froze Morgan Freemans penis after he passed in 2028.oh and it's law now to kill " influencers "

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Italy's death toll may be a hell of a lot higher than they are reporting , they are not counting testing the dead who never got the chance to be tested or make it to hospital. And there's a fucking lot.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BAgPEBI&usg=AOvVaw0dL8Vat2oVC5c4xXjLP1uR&cf=1
The real tally for deaths was always going to have take into account data for total deaths now compared with pre-covid 19 times. It isn't surprising to see that this comparative data is showing that there are uncounted covid 19 deaths, but the number of uncounted deaths is way higher than probably most would have thought.

Still so much uncertainty around this virus, it is absolutely right to play things safe.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The real tally for deaths was always going to have take into account data for total deaths now compared with pre-covid 19 times. It isn't surprising to see that this comparative data is showing that there are uncounted covid 19 deaths, but the number of uncounted deaths is way higher than probably most would have thought.

Still so much uncertainty around this virus, it is absolutely right to play things safe.
And the people of nsw are not all listening, while things in my area a a bit quiter the people going for a run walk along the beach seems to be increasing these joggers are the new cyclists

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And the people of nsw are not all listening, while things in my area a a bit quiter the people going for a run walk along the beach seems to be increasing these joggers are the new cyclists
Technically at the moment people can still go outside, they have to maintain 1.5m from anyone who is not part of their household, and they can not be in groups of more than 2 except when with members of their household. That is going to be easier in some areas than others. If I was a cop I'd be stationed on the popular pavements on the coastline from Botany to Bondi, really hard for people using those to adhere to social distancing.

No problems going for a walk in my neighbourhood, everyone is keeping their distance, and there isn't many of us in first place.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Technically at the moment people can still go outside, they have to maintain 1.5m from anyone who is not part of their household, and they can not be in groups of more than 2 except when with members of their household. That is going to be easier in some areas than others. If I was a cop I'd be stationed on the popular pavements on the coastline from Botany to Bondi, really hard for people using those to adhere to social distancing.

No problems going for a walk in my neighbourhood, everyone is keeping their distance, and there isn't many of us in first place.
That's fine but people are running into multiple groups still bumping each other then they que up at the coffee shop huffing and puffing sweating we drive past it every morning. It's the self entillted attitude that's shitting me

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I'm loving the empty roads and less cops on the road, I took the beast for a run with the whole front end off and no lights in broad daylight lol

She loved the extra air flow lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's fine but people are running into multiple groups still bumping each other then they que up at the coffee shop huffing and puffing sweating we drive past it every morning. It's the self entillted attitude that's shitting me
Unfortunately there is always going to be a certain percentage of the population who just don't get it. If there is any justice they will be the ones who get the virus. Stay safe with you and yours, I think we've actually got a really good chance of staying virus free until such time as a reliable vaccine is mass produced, by not compromising on our safety.

Maybe in the meantime this virus will weed out some of the self-entitlement...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is always going to be a certain percentage of the population who just don't get it. If there is any justice they will be the ones who get the virus. Stay safe with you and yours, I think we've actually got a really good chance of staying virus free until such time as a reliable vaccine is mass produced, by not compromising on our safety.

Maybe in the meantime this virus will weed out some of the self-entitlement...
It wouldn't hurt having the military patrolling the streets letting of a few live rounds to get the msg through.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And NY? How do those numbers pan out over there with that theory....no jews...just italians dying?
Nah they need to latch on to the west to prop up Israel, lifestyle etc. but possible.

I was thinking more along the lines that they are hoarding the cure or vaccine or something like that. Maybe to swoop in and be heroes. Maybe to shave numbers so their percentage of population goes up and they have a better numbers game if they are ethnically targeted lies in ww2? I don't know. I'm not sure I'm buying this one.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ny locals not getting it,even with over 2400 deaths calling for harsher response of police .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck!

Oldies?
Yep but it's only a matter of time, April is not going to be a good month and the fuckwits who keeps thinking it's not that bad can do whatever I want,will spread it then we hit our winter.
Personally think we should all be locked down now choke the virus out before winter hits

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep but it's only a matter of time, April is not going to be a good month and the fuckwits who keeps thinking it's not that bad can do whatever I want,will spread it then we hit our winter.
Personally think we should all be locked down now choke the virus out before winter hits
I'm expecting the hospital to isolate me within 2 weeks as the spike will occur mid-april.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
43 people in icu 20 on ventilators in Nsw alone,that sounds like to many for me

Status
Not open for further replies.