Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would verse who? Murika v Chi-nah? More importantly is who Mother Russia will back.
As someone who has lived in Russia, the answer is who knows? Putin is just an opportunist. Nothing more.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Wimbledon has been cancelled tbh

if there was ever a sport that could withstand corona virus it is tennis and golf

tennis players and officials are always standing away from each other plus they are always trying to get the crowd to stfu anyways

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mid April according to St Vincent's cardiac professors.
Mid April. So Australia is doing OK though now, right? I really thought it'd be much much worse but it seems from afar that things aren't too bad?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not into conspiracy theories but I can't help but wonder when I read the other day that there has been no recorded cases of Jews getting corona.
The logical part of me says it might just be due to their low numbers and money but the conspiracy in me is wondering.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not into conspiracy theories but I can't help but wonder when I read the other day that there has been no recorded cases of Jews getting corona.
The logical part of me says it might just be due to their low numbers and money but the conspiracy in me is wondering.
What's the conspiracy part of you wondering though? That they started the virus to kill the whole world but them? Possible. Possible.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the conspiracy part of you wondering though? That they started the virus to kill the whole world but them? Possible. Possible.
Nah they need to latch on to the west to prop up Israel, lifestyle etc. but possible.

I was thinking more along the lines that they are hoarding the cure or vaccine or something like that. Maybe to swoop in and be heroes. Maybe to shave numbers so their percentage of population goes up and they have a better numbers game if they are ethnically targeted lies in ww2? I don't know. I'm not sure I'm buying this one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok you will know the answer, my router says it's 5ghz compatible. Does that make it faster and or stronger?

Also do we need to get new routers/modems to support 5G, or can we still use our current tech?
In regard to your router, wireless routers use two main spectrum. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Basically put, the 2.4 GHz is slower but will travel a bit further through the house. The 5 GHz is faster. If your devices have 5 GHz then you're probably better off using it. You can also mix and match. Put some devices on the 5 GHz and some on the 2.4 GHz to avoid them interrupting each other.

In regard to 5G, yeah. But only if you want to use 5G internet. You can still use the fixed line NBN but if you want to use 5G instead of NBN then you need a new modem/router. Your Telco will usually give you a 5G modem/router when you sign up. If you want to keep the old router then you can usually bridge the connection from the new modem to the old router

The newer phones coming out like the Samsung S20 also have 5G capability.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mid April. So Australia is doing OK though now, right? I really thought it'd be much much worse but it seems from afar that things aren't too bad?
Yeah, doing alright for now. Still getting new cases but they're not going up exponentially (about 200 - 300 new cases a day for the last few days)

But it's still too early to tell the early gain in numbers was mainly from travellers coming home. The next phase is person to person transmission. If we can keep that down then we'll be alright. But we'll have to wait and see.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, doing alright for now. Still getting new cases but they're not going up exponentially (about 200 - 300 new cases a day for the last few days)

But it's still too early to tell the early gain in numbers was mainly from travellers coming home. The next phase is person to person transmission. If we can keep that down then we'll be alright. But we'll have to wait and see.
Fingers crossed. Was worried as felt you weren't reacting quick enough, well, being proactive enough in my eyes. But seems as though I was wrong ... hopefully!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking hell! That's an unbelievably high amount of people no counted. Think most people know it's higher but seeing that ... SHIT!!!
Yeah I don't Italy's lying as much ss they just don't have the recources and time to waste on the dead, but sounds like every country is spinning s bit of shit with numbers, I think Australia needs to push a bit harder on restrictions and distance now makes you think has Germany opened up a few of their " old camps " and burnt some evidence, the world will be over a million confirmed dead by Xmas once it starts really getting into those 3rd world countries

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I don't Italy's lying as much ss they just don't have the recources and time to waste on the dead, but sounds like every country is spinning s bit of shit with numbers, I think Australia needs to push a bit harder on restrictions and distance now makes you think has Germany opened up a few of their " old camps " and burnt some evidence, the world will be over a million confirmed dead by Xmas once it starts really getting into those 3rd world countries
Australia needs more testing so we actually know what we're facing. They've started relaxing the testing criteria now but they still restrict it a fair bit.

We also need more accurate tests.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Australia needs more testing so we actually know what we're facing. They've started relaxing the testing criteria now but they still restrict it a fair bit.

We also need more accurate tests.
People are still a bit to casual also, still a lot of people together out running, they are saying stay right the fuck away from ***** exercising if they are all sweaty and shit and run by you .Not sure how true it is but ...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As a quarter Russian, the answer is shut your mouth lol

PS what's with your avatar?
It's wood. Times man of the year, If you don't know him by now, you don't have crazy friends

Status
Not open for further replies.