Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year with a better back line Allan needs to step it up. The guy gets dominated on every hit up. He has no vision Atall
There's no way in hell he makes our backline next year when he's competing for a spot with Alamoti, Schoup and Oko. Baz even mentioned Alamoti in his press conference and he called him a gun.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well then depth player he is. He had his chance to prove he belong in 1st grade but has failed

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I see 2022 back 5 as below
1. Jac
2. Dufty
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Cotric

Allen and Manu for Depth

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds very much like we're going to get Dufty, which I'm neither here nor there about if we do sign him, at least we inject more speed into our backline but in comparison to other FB's in the competition I doubt he'd be in the top 8. Teddy, Pappy, Ponga, Latrell, Hynes, Brimson, Gutho and even Daine Laurie would ALL be ahead of him. Yes he's played some outstanding games for the Saints on a few occasions but they're few and far between, so not entirely sold on him.

Especially when you consider he's not wanted at Saints and Canberra went cold on him as well, that has to tell you something but seems to fit the type of player we'd pick up going off our recruitment over the last 4 or 5 years in buying overpriced duds.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sounds very much like we're going to get Dufty, which I'm neither here nor there about if we do sign him, at least we inject more speed into our backline but in comparison to other FB's in the competition I doubt he'd be in the top 8. Teddy, Pappy, Ponga, Latrell, Hynes, Brimson, Gutho and even Daine Laurie would ALL be ahead of him. Yes he's played some outstanding games for the Saints on a few occasions but they're few and far between, so not entirely sold on him.

Especially when you consider he's not wanted at Saints and Canberra went cold on him as well, that has to tell you something but seems to fit the type of player we'd pick up going off our recruitment over the last 4 or 5 years in buying overpriced duds.
Laurie really cooled off but I think he's the product of a bad Tigers team. I just don't think they use him enough.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember a few times Hopoate getting early ball and stepping before contact and trying to surge through the defensive line. That doesn't work when you're slow and not physical enough tho. Allan had a few opportunities but no speed to capitalise.
As bad as Hoppa has been, that's just set weather footy... We'd be hammering him if he went towards the sideline and got Allan pushed out of play

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I'm not gonna hang the guy out to dry just yet. Not until we get a decent forward pack that can leave a mark on the game. When we avg 30 mtrs a set what are you expecting from a winger

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not gonna hang the guy out to dry just yet. Not until we get a decent forward pack that can leave a mark on the game. When we avg 30 mtrs a set what are you expecting from a winger
Never been a good winger ya niff nuff

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly didn't notice him at all last night until he put that horrible kick in back infield. He's such a nothing player.

He had 10 runs for 79 metres and didn't make a tackle the whole game. He's the invisible man out there.. By comparison Tupou and Ikuvalu made 200 metres each.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pretty keen when we signed him and he’s best play of the year was a good take under a high ball last night just no speed no strength no smarts no real effort just nothing doesn’t even look like a footballer very concerning

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What went through your mind when you decided to put Dufty on the wing and JAC at fullback?
Dufty is a shit FB but given our stocks in wingers he can play on one wing whereas Fox will be an upgrade to anyone we have atm in FB. JACs energy and speed is Meaney ×10

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We should chase. At least Allen is a genuine FB.
Let Souths have fox. It's a better fit.
I doubt Allen will ever pull on the number 1 again. Fox will get a go and potentially be a Meaney x 10 version..

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly didn't notice him at all last night until he put that horrible kick in back infield. He's such a nothing player.

He had 10 runs for 79 metres and didn't make a tackle the whole game. He's the invisible man out there.. By comparison Tupou and Ikuvalu made 200 metres each.
Ikuvalu looked like Brian To'o against Corey Allan.