Official Corey Allan released

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey what’s wrong with having a rocking chair I just purchased one in preparation for my latter years lol
You are right it’s time to move on we are entering our most exciting season in years.
No doubt Dib was the original sinner and Lynne did her best with a lot of constraints
plus trying to attract half descent players for the first time in years.
Anyway under our new coach 2023 will see us win more games I’m confident of that.
You live in the shire mate, you’ll be repeating “Buzz Rothfield” in your rocking chair haha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They were absolutely terrible, get off it lol.
Spot on. Didn’t Lynne extend pay? [emoji23] I forget that but think she did. To say Anderson was a positive for us is just absolute horse shit.

I’m all for calling Dib out for his shit. He fucked up, hurt the club and set us back. Got removed rightfully.

To pretend Anderson did anything but dig a deeper hole is Fucking laughable and bluntly biased bullshit.

Thank fuck we got Gus!

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all those out there that think that a rebuild is easy and that it only takes 2-3 years you are a joke. First thing that happens is you have to let all the mess expire in the Contracts while still trying to remain somewhat competitive otherwise it effects marketing sponsorship and having to pay overs to players to come to the club. Thompson and Cotric were examples of that.

We were paying 1 Mill plus for a busted Foran and nearly 1 Mill for a utility player in Mbye, and we had no DH. A rebuild has several stages, yes some decisions while the Andersons were in charge were wrong, I do not include Barrett as one of them. Without Barrett and let's say still having Pay we would not have enticed JAC and/or Burton.
Appointing Barrett was the start of the rebuild, working with Pay was just letting the clock run down on mess that was left by Dib.

The pain we went through was what got us to where we are today, Andersons/ Pay was just a waiting game for the mess made to unfurl, Andersons/Barret was the start of the rebuild, and what brought Laundy's to the club JK/Laundy/Barrett was what got Gould to the Club. JK/Gould/Laundy was what got Ciraldo to the Club.

Without going through the Anderson period we don't have Burton, JAC, Laundy, and therefore wouldn't have Gould & Ciraldo.

Sure Gould and JK and current management have done more to achieve our goals, but it was the Andersons that put us on the path. Anyone that thinks we were in a worse position at the end of the Anderson time then we were at the end of the Dib time, either is not smart enough to understand, or simply has an axe to grind against the Andersons.

I for one am glad for the current JK/Gould team, but I think the Anderson period was as in the words of our former treasurer & prime minister and Bulldogs Patron Paul Keating "It was the recession we had to have"
My only issue with the Anderson team were some very ordinary signings which i guess is easy to comment on with hindsight.

They were very honest with the situation in my opinion and without doubt doing their best for the club they love.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My only issue with the Anderson team were some very ordinary signings which i guess is easy to comment on with hindsight.

They were very honest with the situation in my opinion and without doubt doing their best for the club they love.
IMHO DIb, Andersons, Pay Barret had the best intersts of the club in mind - cannot say the same about Castle Hasler

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To all those out there that think that a rebuild is easy and that it only takes 2-3 years you are a joke. First thing that happens is you have to let all the mess expire in the Contracts while still trying to remain somewhat competitive otherwise it effects marketing sponsorship and having to pay overs to players to come to the club. Thompson and Cotric were examples of that.

We were paying 1 Mill plus for a busted Foran and nearly 1 Mill for a utility player in Mbye, and we had no DH. A rebuild has several stages, yes some decisions while the Andersons were in charge were wrong, I do not include Barrett as one of them. Without Barrett and let's say still having Pay we would not have enticed JAC and/or Burton.
Appointing Barrett was the start of the rebuild, working with Pay was just letting the clock run down on mess that was left by Dib.

The pain we went through was what got us to where we are today, Andersons/ Pay was just a waiting game for the mess made to unfurl, Andersons/Barret was the start of the rebuild, and what brought Laundy's to the club JK/Laundy/Barrett was what got Gould to the Club. JK/Gould/Laundy was what got Ciraldo to the Club.

Without going through the Anderson period we don't have Burton, JAC, Laundy, and therefore wouldn't have Gould & Ciraldo.

Sure Gould and JK and current management have done more to achieve our goals, but it was the Andersons that put us on the path. Anyone that thinks we were in a worse position at the end of the Anderson time then we were at the end of the Dib time, either is not smart enough to understand, or simply has an axe to grind against the Andersons.

I for one am glad for the current JK/Gould team, but I think the Anderson period was as in the words of our former treasurer & prime minister and Bulldogs Patron Paul Keating "It was the recession we had to have"
"it was the green shoots we had to have"

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s not wrong there though… unlike with Jake….
He’s never wrong in his eyes. At least you have solid support in him, the godfather and bloody Omar mate haha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s never wrong in his eyes. At least you have solid support in him, the godfather and bloody Omar mate haha
Can’t be worse than the bloke who made a thread mocking only to be the joke.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can’t be worse than the bloke who made a thread mocking only to be the joke.
The thread mocking the bloke who wanted to be chairman but still isn’t & never will be?
He organised a mass rally of members but 3 turned up mate. It was a very funny thread

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The thread mocking the bloke who wanted to be chairman but still isn’t & never will be?
He organised a mass rally of members but 3 turned up mate. It was a very funny thread
The one mocking the members who actually did do what he mocked… yeh it was hilarious.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saying the club wasn't already in trouble before Lynne arrived is fucking rubbish, if the club was doing well, he wouldn't have been voted out in such a crushing defeat
@D0GMATIC and @Bulldogs09 you do realise you are both right?!? Dib fucked us first and then Lynne pretended to save us only to push the rebuild back further with her fuckups

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
@D0GMATIC and @Bulldogs09 you do realise you are both right?!? Dib fucked us first and then Lynne pretended to save us only to push the rebuild back further with her fuckups
Yes mate it’s exactly what I’ve said all along. The people I disagreed with either blamed it all on dib or deny Lynne was out of her depth and cost us a bigger and further rebuild with her fuck ups like you said.

Thank fuck we got Gus!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread bumped I worry that the deal has fallen through, we've extended and upgraded his contract for another 4 years and he's been made captain.. Haha
Well I, being Lynne Anderson (allegedly) tried to make that happen, even though I never signed him :-).

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allan will most likely score against the Dolphins this weekend. I’m just waiting for the usual naysayers to complain why did we let him go