Cooper Cronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same thing... The fact Cronk and Hasler have the same manager tells you some inside info would have been thrown around. One thing I do know though, Cronk will play for the highest bidder.
Go even further, Reynolds comes out a few weeks back saying he wants big dollars then says he would love to stay for less, Mbye says he will play anywhere, Tigers 'big 4' speculation, dogs get flogged 0-36, Hasler under the pump, this place goes into meltdown, board meet to apparently discuss Hasler contract and come out saying he will be offered a bigger deal than ever on the back of shit results and that they expected him to take a month to respond, 24 hours later its signed sealed delivered and 24 hours later again Cronk is leaving looking for a sydney club, also Foran makes a big comeback to footy...its been a very big few weeks.
Something has been going on for the past month i reckon at least and something is brewing big time, we will all know soon enough, nothing is kept secret too long these days.
I think there are BIG changes coming for the dogs, captain leaving at years end is one if them (just my opinion though)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go even further, Reynolds comes out a few weeks back saying he wants big dollars then says he would love to stay for less, Mbye says he will play anywhere, Tigers 'big 4' speculation, dogs get flogged 0-36, Hasler under the pump, this place goes into meltdown, board meet to apparently discuss Hasler contract and come out saying he will be offered a bigger deal than ever on the back of shit results and that they expected him to take a month to respond, 24 hours later its signed sealed delivered and 24 hours later again Cronk is leaving looking for a sydney club, also Foran makes a big comeback to footy...its been a very big few weeks.
Something has been going on for the past month i reckon at least and something is brewing big time, we will all know soon enough, nothing is kept secret too long these days.
I think there are BIG changes coming for the dogs, captain leaving at years end is one if them (just my opinion though)
And how smug des seems in his conferences lately

Reactions: DT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What offence would I take to this?
Maybe the fact I'm saying nobody has a clue about this right now except the inner circle who are keeping the info very close chested.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Lets compare coopers stats and performances to our younger halves then shall we ? :tearsofjoy: your argument of "he's too old died in the arse"
We have Frawley who's done nothing wrong in his first game. Why not give him a few more games before paying half our salary cap to a player in his twilight years?

Wahesh

Reaction score
He's 34 in December, Thurston will be 34 in a fortnight.

When was the last time Cronk was injured? I think once in his entire career.
During Origin game 2, 2014. He'll be more injury prone as he ages though.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This shit is as good hit TV series isn't it.... I guess this is why they call it entertainment.

Its a perfect scenario for Cronk and the Dogs though. A few more points worth mentioning....

The fact he wants to come to Sydney to a professional club for big bucks in order to retire
Dogs need a premiership
Dogs need someone to mentor the young halves
Dogs need direction and an experienced half
2 years is perfect for he and Hasler to win a premiership and then start rebuilding in 2019.

There is so much more as to why this would be a mammoth signing for this club, I will be in total shock if it don't happen. Though something is definitely been brewing without a doubt. I don't think Graham is leaving this year though but he will for sure at the end of 2018. All I know is the likes of Reynolds, Graham, Morris, Eastwood, Kasiano who have all fallen short over the last few years are on edge right now because this is maybe the last chance to win a GF in Blue and white. Expect these blokes to play out their skins for Cronk. The amount of lift this guy will bring is similar to what SBW did at the Roosters and I hope the club understand that

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
During Origin game 2, 2014. He'll be more injury prone as he ages though.
Was that when he broke his arm and recovered in 2 weeks because the guys a freak who walked up MT Everest backwards?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have Frawley who's done nothing wrong in his first game. Why not give him a few more games before paying half our salary cap to a player in his twilight years?
Bro you seriously don't understand what or who Cronk is do you? Cronk at the dogs would be like SBW at the roosters but better because he will leave the team in a better state for the future.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm all for giving Frawley a second and third chance. He was very impressive and settled the team, gave them great direction on the back of his kicking game and made sure the backs got plenty of possession.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bro you seriously don't understand what or who Cronk is do you? Cronk at the dogs would be like SBW at the roosters but better because he will leave the team in a better state for the future.
SBW won a grand final for the roosters. It'll be hard to CC to top that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SBW won a grand final for the roosters. It'll be hard to CC to top that.
How many players at the dogs are dying to win a GF in blue and white? Realise these guys would kill to win one and knowing they have Cronk there is added fuel to the burning desire.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im excited for what cronk brings off the field. The guy is the ultimate professional. Having a person like him associated with the club is what the dogs should be all about.
As a player ,assistant coach or halves coach i dont care i just want the guy involved with our club ...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IMG_4208.JPG

Looks good tbh

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that if Cronk were to play again next year, it will be with the Bulldogs.
He's no certainty to run around again, particularly if the Storm win the premiership. My mail is, the only club that can afford Cronk is Canterbury. Reynolds is gone.
He also wants to play under Hasler. It all comes down to what the Storm achieve this year.
There will not be a decision anytime soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.