Cooper Cronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres an episode in DBZ where he accidentally pats her on the back to hard and she gets thrown out of the house and into a mountain hahaha
Lmfaoooooo omg I pictured that perfectly hahaha.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Headline: Bulldogs sign Gronk
.....on a 4 year deal believed to be worth 750K a season , securing one of the the richest contracts in NRL history for a rookie who can't play halfback.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-cronk-to-the-bulldogs-20170404-gvdd1f.html

Fifteen months ago, Canterbury coach Des Hasler put a bizarre proposal to the Storm: an immediate swap of Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk for two promising Bulldogs players.

Asked why he would release two players who Hasler claimed would play State of Origin in exchange for a 31-year-old halfback, the Canterbury coach said, "I need him to win a premiership".

When the Storm fronted Cronk on the proposed swap, he dismissed it immediately. He insisted he had no knowledge of it and was not interested.

But the role of player manager George Mimis has sent the conspiracy mill spinning.

Mimis acts for both Cronk and Hasler. Could Dessie have suggested to the Canterbury board last week that procuring a top-class halfback for next season would secure the club a premiership and Hasler a two-year extension on his contract?

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-cronk-to-the-bulldogs-20170404-gvdd1f.html

Fifteen months ago, Canterbury coach Des Hasler put a bizarre proposal to the Storm: an immediate swap of Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk for two promising Bulldogs players.

Asked why he would release two players who Hasler claimed would play State of Origin in exchange for a 31-year-old halfback, the Canterbury coach said, "I need him to win a premiership".

When the Storm fronted Cronk on the proposed swap, he dismissed it immediately. He insisted he had no knowledge of it and was not interested.

But the role of player manager George Mimis has sent the conspiracy mill spinning.

Mimis acts for both Cronk and Hasler. Could Dessie have suggested to the Canterbury board last week that procuring a top-class halfback for next season would secure the club a premiership and Hasler a two-year extension on his contract?
Nope........

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's go Foran

Cronk will gobble up money from another club and we can get Foran at a reasonable price

He suits our team perfect, haslers biological son

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's go Foran

Cronk will gobble up money from another club and we can get Foran at a reasonable price

He suits our team perfect, haslers biological son
Don't ever mention biological son and Foran in the same sentence ever again... We all know what happened last time.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk to Dogs, Mbye to Storm. Problem solved

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One things for certain is that the player market is going to be very interesting over the next few months. I'd love to see the dogs snare Cronk and Teddy. Would turn us into a genuine premiership contender next season.

The thing with Cronk is that people say oh you get him at the end of his career his shit now. Think after footy. The bloke is a football genius. The work he could do with the halves coming through the club would be enormous.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a strong strong feeling that one of our forwards will be off at the end of year. I'm talking one of the ones that are on big money (Eastwood, Kasiano, Graham).
I think only Graham is on big money. Eastwood and Kas are on around $400K per annum which is not big money in this day and age. In fact I think the bulk of the cap is in the backs by a long way.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So your sources are adamant we are no chance for Cronk?
You don't even need so-called inside information for this one, cronk himself has already publicly stated he doesn't even know if he is playing on next season.

"I probably wasn’t strong enough in my press conference earlier today. I’ve got no interest in considering offers from Sydney anytime soon — I’m talking over a couple of months — because I don’t know if I actually want to play on next year,”

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
You don't even need so-called inside information for this one, cronk himself has already publicly stated he doesn't even know if he is playing on next season.

"I probably wasn’t strong enough in my press conference earlier today. I’ve got no interest in considering offers from Sydney anytime soon — I’m talking over a couple of months — because I don’t know if I actually want to play on next year,”
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but too69u is usually on the money with most things so I wonder if he knows something behind the scenes we don't..

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Use are goung to be very surprised with who the dogs are chasing.

They have already nabbed Woods

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think only Graham is on big money. Eastwood and Kas are on around $400K per annum which is not big money in this day and age. In fact I think the bulk of the cap is in the backs by a long way.
Kas last re-signed for a rumoured 550k and Eastwood resigned for 1 million across 2 seasons or 500k. And Graham, Tolman, Kasiano, Klemmer and Eastwood are on about 3 million between them. And then you factor in Jackson and that figure goes up to around 3.7 million which currently is around 52% of the cap.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Abbey
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Cronk
8. Tolman
9. ???
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Klemmer

14. Kasiano
15. Fualalo
16. Eastwood
17. Elliot

1. Who would be the hooker presuming Lichaa would have to be let go to get Cronk and Mbye will at 5/8. Woolford is still a long way away.

2. Is this side capable of winning the competition?

Tbh we could promote either Frawley, Keiran or Lewis as fulltime 5/8 with Mbye at hooker.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kas last re-signed for a rumoured 550k and Eastwood resigned for 1 million across 2 seasons or 500k. And Graham, Tolman, Kasiano, Klemmer and Eastwood are on about 3 million between them. And then you factor in Jackson and that figure goes up to around 3.7 million which currently is around 52% of the cap.
I'll take your word for it although my understanding was the Graham was on 750-800. Kas around 400-450 and Eastwood 400. I must admit I forgot about Klem and Jacko who would be on 500+ each. They are all quality players and are worth that kind of money.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Dogs have signed Woods.

The reason behind the signing of Woods, is that Graham & Eastwood will be playing their last year next year, so it is a succession plan as we will be short 2 props after 2018.

Hoppa, Lichaa & Reynolds will not be re-signed

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So is the reason Hasler got a 2 year extension coz he was able to lure Cronk who realistically has 2 seasons left in him?

Status
Not open for further replies.