News Cooper Cronk to retire at end of 2019 season.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch Moses could be a possible replacement to play alongside Tedesco

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only positive is that they certainly won't be coming to shop at the dogs..
Indeed lol,
cronk has been a good player, love him or hate him, he’s achieved great things.. and been a huge part of the nrl.

Not sad too see him retire, was inevitable.!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Overrated. I saw him miss a tackle once that Lewis would've made.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After Brick Tamland mentioned on here that we were chasing Sam Walker along with Rugby and a few other clubs, Fox Sports has a whole article mentioning how the Roosters are targeting him as Cronk's long term replacement. There goes any chance we had of signing a boom youngster.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cameron Smith won't retire at end of season now, as he'll want to get all the glitter and fanfare.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of this talk of a war chest is such bullshit. Just on upgrades to Latrell and Keary alone they'd have to go close to spending Cronks salary. Both could command double what they're reported to be on.

But no, the media carry on as if the Roosters have endless play money and can go and recruit every high profile player they want. Meanwhile, we've let go of half of our squad and most of our highest paid players but the media and NRL scrutinise our every move. It won't be much longer before the fans get fed up completely of this rigged competition and leave the game in droves.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des wanted him years ago and made a play..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to make an outrageous statement here. But I rate him better than Thurston and Cameron smith.

Qld lost games/series without cronk (even with Thurston and smith playing). They didnt lose any series with cronk playing

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going to make an outrageous statement here. But I rate him better than Thurston and Cameron smith.

Qld lost games/series without cronk (even with Thurston and smith playing). They didnt lose any series with cronk playing
Agree. Cronk is the master at carrying out a game plan, the most clinical halfback I've ever seen.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It'll be great to see the Roosters lose an integral part of their roster. But they'll probably still find three stars who go there on paper bag payments and TPA's "for the love of the team".