Consolidated Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto. We've watched music vids all night, couldn't care less about the nrl. Been a great night not ruined by biased commentators, clueless (corrupt/incompetent?) refs or some talking-head sprouting the odds on some random player scoring in the 7th minute.
Fucking love your user name!!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem is now boys they've made a rod for their back, you watch the shit fight now with knock ons! Won't be the last time we hear of it

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is now boys they've made a rod for their back, you watch the shit fight now with knock ons! Won't be the last time we hear of it
Have they?

When we're on the receiving end it's swept away. The only way it's kept in the limelight is when we keep it there.

Look at fox sports showing the still frames from isaakko knock on, they're already sweeping it away. Completely ignoring that the on field refs don't have the benefit of still frames or slow motion and hence call it knock on usually.

We ain't getting shit unless our club continues to make a scene out of this

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A ref could penalise a half back for not feeding the scrum squarely this weekend and the would be correct via the rule book but the rule book isn't applied in some cases. For years the refs have been calling most dropped balls a knock on because it looks sloppy and that's just what they feel like doing. Sutton saying that was a correct call is ignoring the precedents set by all the other rulings in the past where they always call that a knock on. One area they always ignore is the line drop out being kicked past the line , doesn't worry anyone until some fool costs someone a game and decides to penalise it.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s true, they have been doing it for years.. now no one knows what a knock on is, well I don’t now anyway, thought I did lol. just like a shoulder charge, shepherd, it’s a joke.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the one hand grab by mbye just after they held mcculloch up around the 60th minute I thought it was in the in goals for a seven tackle but never brought back by the video refScreenshot_20180505-082300.jpg

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought the same when i watched the game.

Dont bother questioning the brotherhood they'll say his right foot was not yet in the ingoal when he first touched the ball.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you.

But most people here won't believe it.

It's where, I think his right hand is.
Of course you are going to say it wasn't a knock on you fucking dirty bronco. Seriously I wish you would fuck off. How you can honestly be proud or happy with that win is beyond me, but not suprising coming from you

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s never going to be a level playing field while they can use the video ref to scrutinise plays to the enth degree like the final play of the game while plays like this get ruled by eye in a split second. We copped the rough end of the pineapple on Friday and all we can do is hope it evens out. Sooner or later the Broncos will get decisions like that against them and hopefully it ends their season.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are bound to find other refs saying the same thing in other games with other teams..
How do you explain winning 14 straight games at suncorp under Sutton?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its simple nrl and ch9 need the broncos to do well every year. TV RATINGS.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can call it what you like you are still wrong. Klemm got pinched not for asking the ref a question but for the way he asked him. Sutton told him so on the field or are you deaf. It's not the first time Klemm has been marched for doing that and won't sadly be the last. He has control issues. Yes Sutton got the dropped ball wrong and it may have been the difference in the end but it could only have been the difference if we let them get that close to us. Were any of the penalties against us unjustified - no they weren't. Could both sides have been penalised more - yes probably but if it affects both sides there is no real bias is there.... The Broncos got 5 penalties in the second half - one was the double on Klemmer and the other was the kick at the end so really there were only 3 infringements in 40 minutes. The way you are carrying on you would think it was 30. If we can't defend three extra sets then we don't deserve to win. I was proud of the way we put in last night. Even though we lost I went to bed more positive about the side than I have been since the pre-season.

Oh and in answer to your first question yes I do live in Oatley and although I haven't bumped him for a long while so too does Todd and he's a good bloke. Never met Sutton and have no plans to do so.
How do you explain us being the only team being penalised in the 2nd half. Brisbane are angels are they? Penaltys change the momentum of a game even if its only 3. It was clear as soon as the 2nd half started Sutton was trying to give the momentum to brisbane. The 3 penaltys that he gave them did the trick. It gassed us out early in 2nd half gave them all the momentum. Once you lose momentum its practically impossible to gain it back unless of course you yourself receive penalties. I bet you my balls Sutton knew that we are a team that struggles in the 2nd half so all he had to do was gas us out early in the 2nd and he will reach his objective which was to give the brisbane the win. Its very clear Sutton was the main game manager out there.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Send these all to the club so they can fight the case for deano

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you explain us being the only team being penalised in the 2nd half. Brisbane are angels are they? Penaltys change the momentum of a game even if its only 3. It was clear as soon as the 2nd half started Sutton was trying to give the momentum to brisbane. The 3 penaltys that he gave them did the trick. It gassed us out early in 2nd half gave them all the momentum. Once you lose momentum its practically impossible to gain it back unless of course you yourself receive penalties. I bet you my balls Sutton knew that we are a team that struggles in the 2nd half so all he had to do was gas us out early in the 2nd and he will reach his objective which was to give the brisbane the win. Its very clear Sutton was the main game manager out there.
Maybe if sutton wasn't a bias arrogant pig and didn't speak to us in an un professional manner maybe klemmer wouldn't be so pissed.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have stated in other threads, the penalty was harsh, but correct.

Nothing would have been mentioned if it happened in the 20, 30 etc min.

Only one person to blame for the loss & that is Moses Mbye.

There is no way in hell, Boyd would have scored, so why the fuck did Mbye have to touch him.

Would I be pissed that my team lost like that, the answer is YES.
Mate your team is a joke. You have an unfair advantage over everyteam in the comp yet you have only managed to win 1 comp since 2006. You got given that tigers game earlier this year plus gift wrapped the game against us. You get a 7 day turnaround most weeks get all the help from the refs yet still only 1 comp in 12 years. Brisbane are a laughing stock. You have 3rd party deals that other teams can only dream of clearly way over the cap. The nrl and ch9 love you due to TV RATINGS. Yet every year you let them down by not being able to win the comp due to your shit players and hasbeen coach. You practically have a whole state to choose players from yet fail every year. If other teams had all the advantages your team has they win it every year.

7 day turnarounds every week. A whole state to choose players from. Unlimited 3rd party deals. All the help from the refs. How many more advantages do you want. Yet still cant win the comp. Laughing stock indeed brisbane are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.