Consolidated Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seriously think that the Bulldogs should threaten to join the ESL competition unless things improve. It would be a massive boost for the ESL & dent the NRL badly. I know there are contracts in place but they have an expiry date. Something drastic like this needs to happen to shake the NRL out of their daydreaming ways.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a knock-on because Isaako propelled the ball forwards. Momentum from the direction from where Isaako was coming from made the actual direction of the ball bounce backwards. If is like when balls are passed backwards out of a hand & yet float forward because of the momentum of the player passing the ball. Simple physics. Someone should explain this to the Sutton crew.
The rule specifically dictates that the ball is propelled closer to the opponents dead ball line than your own.

It just hasn't been refereed that way for a while

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm saying Bernard Sutton is correct, ball travelled back from the original point of contact but 90% of the time that's been ruled as a knock on from what we've seen from refs the last 3 years. It's "funny" that Gerard uses that instance to correctly call that a play on
NRL rule book doesn't define a knock on by the direction the ball falls, but rather the direction the ball comes off the hands.

So in any instance like Issakos, unless he's facing his own goal line, the ball is always coming forward off the hands... even if the player is moving backwards.

In this instance, the ball does go backwards, but still lands in front of the player, making it knock on.

Just like how a forward pass can be made, if the ball leaves the hands forwards.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rule specifically dictates that the ball is propelled closer to the opponents dead ball line than your own.

It just hasn't been refereed that way for a while
That's not correct. It says that if the ball is propelled forward without be re-gained & it touches a player r the ground it shall be called a knock-on.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL rule book doesn't define a knock on by the direction the ball falls, but rather the direction the ball comes off the hands.

So in any instance like Issakos, unless he's facing his own goal line, the ball is always coming forward off the hands... even if the player is moving backwards.

In this instance, the ball does go backwards, but still lands in front of the player, making it knock on.

Just like how a forward pass can be made, if the ball leaves the hands forwards.
That's not correct. It says that if the ball is propelled forward without be re-gained & it touches a player r the ground it shall be called a knock-on.
No the NRL rule book doesn't but the International Rules of the game does.
https://playnrl.com/referee/laws-of-the-game/international-13splus-laws/

Section 2 - Knock On:
KNOCK-ON means to knock the ball forward towards the opponents’
dead ball line with hand or arm while playing at the ball.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck this shit lol!!!

It was a knock on! I mean why the hell is it even being debated for?

Doggies supporter or not. That was us it would of been called a knock on ! In fact he would of taken that whistle out an couldn’t have called it quick enough!

It’s corrupt an nothing or no1 will change my mind or minds of 100s !!! We were robbed big time an there’s no 2 ways around that truth.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck this shit lol!!!

It was a knock on! I mean why the hell is it even being debated for?

Doggies supporter or not. That was us it would of been called a knock on ! In fact he would of taken that whistle out an couldn’t have called it quick enough!

It’s corrupt an nothing or no1 will change my mind or minds of 100s !!! We were robbed big time an there’s no 2 ways around that truth.
But that's what I'm saying!
That type of drop has been officiated as a knock on pretty reliably for the last few years but by the letter of the law it wasn't a knock on

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But that's what I'm saying!
That type of drop has been officiated as a knock on pretty reliably for the last few years but by the letter of the law it wasn't a knock on
so in other words they break the “letter of the law” every other week and use the rule to thier discretion to rob us of a win when as you say it most other times that’s called a knock on Lol..

See either way you look at it we were robbed ! Fucking corrupt huh.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so in other words they break the “letter of the law” every other week and use the rule to thier discretion to rob us of a win when as you say it most other times that’s called a knock on Lol..

See either way you look at it we were robbed ! Fucking corrupt huh.
Exactly, I'm more suspicious of why, in that moment Sutton decided to go against countless examples of similar or worse dropped ball to call THAT a play on

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The easiest way to fix this would be to adopt a bastardised version of touch footy rules ie: any dropped ball is a handling error and a turnover.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The easiest way to fix this would be to adopt a bastardised version of touch footy rules ie: any dropped ball is a handling error and a turnover.
Haha!! Love it :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, I'm more suspicious of why, in that moment Sutton decided to go against countless examples of similar or worse dropped ball to call THAT a play on
The whole deal is suspicious mate, and why? Well its simple, Sutton’s always pencil us in for a loss. Hence the corrupt calls.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off course he was interfered with, his dad Bennett has been fiddling with him for years. I suppose You think the gronkos deserved the win when u robbed the Tigers earlier this year as well? Do us all a favour and fuck off, u and the Sutton fucks are the only ***** that think the dogs weren’t robbed last night in more ways than one.
I like that, well said ozdog well said :grinning:

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol.
In fact I heard on the radio this afternoon that the Broncos have won 13 straight with him at Suncorp and 23 out of 25 games overall in which he has officiated. Obviously Gerard likes the way the Broncos play the game.
proof of subconscious bias..

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
simple...he had money on it...this is why betting on sport should be banned

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny how every archaic technical rule is demonstrated on our team

Status
Not open for further replies.