Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unrealistic expectations to not lose 42-6 or 32-6? We're not talking about losing, we're talking about the performances being an embarrassment week to week.

I don't know what's worse, the club being so content with these displays or so many fans still not seeming too fazed.. I guess it's proof of how far the club has fallen.
Well, I'll have higher expectations next year, that's assuming we recruit well.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you think it will be easy to recruit well when we're getting thrashed every game?
It's simple. They need to decide now/soon who will be our coach for 2021. Then they need to pay overs for whoever they want to bring in. If we're penny pinching in this situation, good luck. I've been saying the same shit for 9 months now. We're not going to get a top coach before the roster (AND there isn't even a top coach available). If Craig Fitzgibbon is available maybe we just get him so the rest of you can see what I'm seeing, I don't know.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well, I'll have higher expectations next year, that's assuming we recruit well.
So if Pay loses every game for the rest of the year you still happy for him to go again?
There is nothing in his coaching resume for the last 3 years that deserves another season. It is so obvious he is out of his depth. It is embarrassing. Only a moron would give him a 4th season after the shite he has produced in the first 3 years. But then again our board is full of them at the moment.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin! he has to get a mention at board level surely ? he rebuilt The broncos and panthers when they were in a similar situation to the dogs are now and had them playing finals.
Put a redline through Griffin’s name, it’s not happening.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So if Pay loses every game for the rest of the year you still happy for him to go again?
There is nothing in his coaching resume for the last 3 years that deserves another season. It is so obvious he is out of his depth. It is embarrassing. Only a moron would give him a 4th season after the shite he has produced in the first 3 years. But then again our board is full of them at the moment.
We're a bottom four team on paper and if I'm being honest possibly the worst team on paper. I don't know what you want me to tell you. If we can beat the Dragons like we did last week I think we'll beat a few other teams too. We're not going to be favourites in any games we play this year maybe bar the Titans, Warriors or Dragons depending on how they're going. Before a ball was kicked the only team we were favourites against were the Titans. You're expecting a miracle. I think we've overachieved and Pay's done a good job considering everything. Gould has the same opinion who's opinion I hold much higher than yours (and not only Gould, almost every analyst). They're his friends tho and just trying to save his job.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're a bottom four team on paper and if I'm being honest possibly the worst team on paper. I don't know what you want me to tell you. If we can beat the Dragons like we did last week I think we'll beat a few other teams too. We're not going to be favourites in any games we play this year maybe bar the Titans, Warriors or Dragons depending on how they're going. Before a ball was kicked the only team we were favourites against were the Titans. You're expecting a miracle. I think we've overachieved and Pay's done a good job considering everything. Gould has the same opinion who's opinion I hold much higher than yours (and not only Gould, almost every analyst). They're his friends tho and just trying to save his job.
I don’t give a flying phuck what Gould thinks. He is a mate of Pay’s.
I don’t care that we have a shit team. I just care about winning. We cannot do that with this coach and group of players.
We need a reboot. Piss them all off and start again. You may as well get rid of the board as well. They have done nothing since they have been in too.
Basically we are shot. Wouldn’t surprise me if we are moved to Perth soon. We are a basket case.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We're not getting Holbrook. They could have signed O'Brien or Holbrook when they were available last season but instead they extended Pay and prolonged the suffering.
I think Pay was extended prior to Holbrook being advertised as available. We all know what contracts are worth anyway!

Getting the Titans to let him go before 2022 will be the issue. Our problem is the year 2021 when we have the $ but no experience on how to spend it.

Not sure getting another assistant coach ie Fitzgibbon is the answer either, pretty sure he has his eyes on the Saints gig.
At least an assistant who has had some head coaching experience in the UK could work.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not saying I want him as coach, but what's everyone's reaction to giving Dymock a decent chance, even as a caretaker role for the rest of this wooden spoon season?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not saying I want him as coach, but what's everyone's reaction to giving Dymock a decent chance, even as a caretaker role for the rest of this wooden spoon season?
What is the point? He isn't going to do a better job than Pay. Best case scenario he's a couple % better but it's more likely he's going to do worse. If we want someone it's Craig Fitzgibbon, maybe Griffin, but I think you'd find they wouldn't come until the end of the season so they can coach a roster that's competitive, 2021.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What is the point? He isn't going to do a better job than Pay. Best case scenario he's a couple % better but it's more likely he's going to do worse. If we want someone it's Craig Fitzgibbon, maybe Griffin, but I think you'd find they wouldn't come until the end of the season so they can coach a roster that's competitive, 2021.
We just need him gone tomorrow to stop the for and give confidence to perspective new players that the fraud won't be here.

I highly doubt any coach/assistant can do worse than Pay (apart from McGregor).

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After last night's flogging Pay should be given the arse today, also drop the majority of the team and put players in that actually give 100% every fucking game.
What does Pay do when it comes to training, watching this team get flogged I'm guessing he does fuck all.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NATHAN BROWN WAS ABLE TO RECRUIT TOP PLAYERS TO THE 2017 KNIGHTS TEAM. We really need to get that because of Pay we can't sign anyone out of our heads. What we actually need to do is extended Pay (what I'm in favour of doing unless a top coach is available) for another year (and getting a coach like Flanagan for 2022) or sign another coach for 2021. That decision needs to be now/very soon. Now players will know who their coach is for next year. If it came down to replacing Pay, Craig Fitzgibbon is a good shout, very similar to Adam O'Brien. The only reason why we haven't signed anyone is we're not offering overs (or at least enough).[/

Pay is that you?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you Dean Pay’s sister?

Fair dinkum. How can anyone possibly see anything good in Pay. He has shown nothing. No player has improved under his coaching. Our defence is as soft as its been for the last ten years. There is no mongrel in our defence. God help our attack.
I’m sick to death of people saying he hasn’t got the cattle. The last three years when the pressure is on we have been a laughing stock. We will no doubt win 5 of our last 9 games and Pay will be given another chance.
More like Pays lover!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after our best winger-that-was-playing-centre got suspended for being a snapperhead, Pay thought the best idea against the Rorters would be:
- keep our best centre at FB
- keep a FB on the wing
- at centre next to Lewis a rookie 5/8-FB
- put our best remaining wing in at centre
- bring in a reggies winger at wing
- put a 1 game centre on the bench
- proceed to replace the rookie at centre with the 1 game centre
- then proceed to replace the FB-on-wing with the rookie

One player in the backline was playing in their best position. A reggies winger

Granted Hoppa does ok at FB but FFS, Meaney IS a FB...that is his position. He only got replaced last year when Dallin fell in our lap.

I get we don’t have the cattle, but what first grade coach puts this shemozzle up against Teddy, Bmoz, Jmoz, Manu & Tupou?

This is Lewis’s third year and he still runs out of the line to tackle someone 20m away, leaving his centre (Averillo last night the latest victim) to defend a 6m yawning gap?

Either Pay has coached that into him, or cannot coach it out of him.

The Pay experiment has failed. Time for a real coach (that’s not Manly royalty)

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I was a pay fan , yes a bulldog man coming back, yes an old head bringing back aggression, yes he even has a droopy Bulldogs face and had a reputation for working well with kids(so did Epstein lol) .
That said I figured out last year that like des individual improvement isnt there. Team evolvement isn't there. Style and game plan is always 1year behind and the NRL changes every year and twice this year. Pay hasn't adjusted the game plan. He sticks firm in selection than makes changes that should have been done from day dot but the the horse has bolted ( not broncos though).
Last night should have been 60plus on us, the 1st have was the worst defensive effort I have seen in years. The line speed, the reads in defence on left edge and panic that come with both but worse the structure in defence..Now looking at stats ( the one I have from league live) no forward ran for over 100m or 1 just on 100. Napa 60mtrs our lead prop, sue 50 odd. Ogden in limited time 40 odd and RT almost 100. I'm sure pay doesn't tell the guys when defending we slide until but Lewis you jam in and cover RFM as he isnt sliding quick enough and than Averillo stay put cause the other guys will make you look stupid. If he did than it worked to perfection super coach. Oh yea meaney don't defend just rush up and try take intercepts that way your missed tackle count is 0. Defence gets you in games. The roosters are definitely a better team but I don't know if the preparation was screwed by covid but the boys didn't turn up ready. They got blown away and panicked. The young players will learn the old heads will hurt but at the end the coach if he trying the players are not responding to what he is trying to implement, after 3 years he must walk. Feel sorry for pay, the game changes and players we have are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.