Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s one game my friend against the Dragons, let’s see how the next few weeks pan out!

Either way does anyone see him as the future moving forward?

Dogs played well in patches, once again there was many missed opportunities and Dripped ball! I wonder if they have been practicing passing? Remis can’t pass or we would have have two more tries! Needs to be pushed back to the wing!

But I must say I’m glad Pay made changes and got us a better flow, Foran was a huge difference!
Its an old footy cliche "one game at a time" but at the moment thats what he have got. I have been a supporter of Pays but he lost me recently with the complete lack of reasoning with team selections. But, finally we did see changes that many had called for..

Personally I dont care if its because Opes has been in his ear, or he is listening to media commentators, or the secret 4 senior players or even if its because he is reading all Sancho's fan mail. Hoppa was great at fullback, DWZ was back to his best as a winger, Averillo got same game time, Elliot was probably our best and Foran made a big difference to our confidence.

Yes, its only the Dragons and they are really struggling. But we will have a much better training week this week with the guys pumped from a win and a huge challenge in front of them this weekend.

I would like (Dean if you are reading..) to see this side for the Rooters..

1. Hoppa
  2. Meaney
  3. Averillo
  4. DWZ
  5. Holland (assuming Smith gets a holiday, otherwise Smith)
  6. Foran
  7. Lewis
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Too'maga
  11. Jackson
  12. Elliot
  13. RFM
  14. Wakeham
  15. Britt
  16. Nappa
  17. Sue

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even if we get smashed on sunday i think pay will see out the year
Agree, Pay will see out this year but the more we win the more chance Pay will have his contract extended, and I don't want Pay coaching our team next season at all.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not confident that Holland will be able to play, has a rib injury, cartilage or broken, not sure.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The team play for the coach (effort) and anyone without an agenda against Pay can see that. I can't speak for the tactical side of Pay as I'm not an expert in that area but I tend to think that all teams do similar plays but it's the execution (players) that's the most important. That's also what I've gathered from analysts. If you don't have the players, especially in the spine positions, nothing is going to work (we've seen some real head explosions in the spine). Foran's back in the side and we magically start scoring points, coincidence I guess. We've defended above our weight for a few years now too.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team play for the coach (effort) and anyone without an agenda against Pay can see that. I can't speak for the tactical side of Pay as I'm not an expert in that area but I tend to think that all teams do similar plays but it's the execution (players) that's the most important. That's also what I've gathered from analysts. If you don't have the players, especially in the spine positions, nothing is going to work (we've seen some real head explosions in the spine). Foran's back in the side and we magically start scoring points, coincidence I guess. We've defended above our weight for a few years now too.
I don’t have an agenda against Pay, and even with us beating Dragons, I still don’t see him as the coach to take us to a long awaited premiership. If we make top 4 that will be punching against our weight, finishing out of the eight altogether is another failed year under him. We have the side to make the eight this year. We need to see settled selections and good game plans.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t have an agenda against Pay, and even with us beating Dragons, I still don’t see him as the coach to take us to a long awaited premiership. If we make top 4 that will be punching against our weight, finishing out of the eight altogether is another failed year under him. We have the side to make the eight this year. We need to see settled selections and good game plans.
That (agenda) was more aimed at people who think Pay has lost the dressing room. You're right, Pay most likely isn't the coach to take us to a premiership and when there is a coach available that fits that mould we'll go for him (currently there isn't anyone). On paper our team is bottom four so I'm not sure why you'd say "finishing out of the eight altogether is another failed year under him". Our squad is ~3 million under the salary cap due to our past management (look at the team we're rolling out each week). From my eyes we overachieved last season yet Pay and the team get no credit for that. I just don't think some fans are realistic with their expectations.

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That (agenda) was more aimed at people who think Pay has lost the dressing room. You're right, Pay most likely isn't the coach to take us to a premiership and when there is a coach available that fits that mould we'll go for him (currently there isn't anyone). On paper our team is bottom four so I'm not sure why you'd say "finishing out of the eight altogether is another failed year under him". Our squad is ~3 million under the salary cap due to our past management (look at the team we're rolling out each week). From my eyes we overachieved last season yet Pay and the team get no credit for that. I just don't think some fans are realistic with their expectations.
Mate I disagree, coaches bring the best out of players, and what most view our players as fringe first graders, I see our players as under coached! Would Bellamy want Lachy Lewis if he was viewed as a fringe first grader? Nope he sees him as under developed skill wise due to poor coaching. Look at Meaney, has great size, speed and could make a great fullback, but now is trained as a winger. Under coached players make poor performing players! RFM when playing week In and week out is a great footballer, but he is swapped and changed in and out of the team and never building combinations. Our team built combinations near the back end of the past two seasons and started winning games! Poor coaching! Our weakest link now is our Coach, and we require a game controlling dummy half for this season, so our halves can play a more free flowing natural game. On the halves and since we are in rebuilding, they should have swapped Lewis with storm for either JAC or Grant! Play Wakeham or Cogger with Foran and the other in 14. Look at DWZ a natural winger and played his best game for us last week! I could go on but most in here would understand and agree. You however, not sure!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate I disagree, coaches bring the best out of players, and what most view our players as fringe first graders, I see our players as under coached! Would Bellamy want Lachy Lewis if he was viewed as a fringe first grader? Nope he sees him as under developed skill wise due to poor coaching. Look at Meaney, has great size, speed and could make a great fullback, but now is trained as a winger. Under coached players make poor performing players! RFM when playing week In and week out is a great footballer, but he is swapped and changed in and out of the team and never building combinations. Our team built combinations near the back end of the past two seasons and started winning games! Poor coaching! Our weakest link now is our Coach, and we require a game controlling dummy half for this season, so our halves can play a more free flowing natural game. On the halves and since we are in rebuilding, they should have swapped Lewis with storm for either JAC or Grant! Play Wakeham or Cogger with Foran and the other in 14. Look at DWZ a natural winger and played his best game for us last week! I could go on but most in here would understand and agree. You however, not sure!
Not poor coaching and you wouldn't have a clue (everyone at the club, and analysts, are a better judge than you buddy). Facts are we've overachieved. Last season we were predicted for the wooden spoon and finished 12th and there was a very small chance we could of made the eight (two key losses, including Raiders game around origin and Cowboys at the end of the year). We don't have a top coach, he's a rebuild coach and you haven't even let him coach a competitive roster yet. Do you like where the Knights are now? Their 2018 is our 2021 (we have a better base to work with and more money to spend). They had Nathan Brown and were able to recruit a top roster from a much worse position. It's also a fact win % wise and placement wise Pay is a better coach than Brown (who also got one year with a competitive roster). If you think the coach is the biggest issue when we're ~3m under the salary cap due to the last management you're delusional. I'm also not saying Pay is a top coach, again he's a rebuild coach, but until there is a top coach available he's the best person for the job, so get over it. I have my own opinion where some players should play, what team we should select, where and who we should recruit but until I see the 2021 roster I'm not going to go hard on Pay. If you haven't realised I disagree with you.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahahahaha we are NOT 3m under the salary cap, we have 3m to spend next year! Just shows you are the one who is delusional! If you think playing DWZ at fullback is good selection choices, you obviously don’t watch all our games!

And when the senior playing group demands selection changes, he has lost not only the dressing room, but the support of senior management also!

You’re opinion is a cows opinion, it’s moo! Lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bahahahaha we are NOT 3m under the salary cap, we have 3m to spend next year! Just shows you are the one who is delusional! If you think playing DWZ at fullback is good selection choices, you obviously don’t watch all our games!

And when the senior playing group demands selection changes, he has lost not only the dressing room, but the support of senior management also!

You’re opinion is a cows opinion, it’s moo! Lol
Why do we have ~3m to spend next year? I'll answer it for you, no more back ended deals (to represent a ~11m salary cap, so players on more then what they're worth in general), ratchet clauses, paying players to play elsewhere and removing deadwood. That's Pay's coaching conditions atm and why our team on paper is bottom four. I can tell by the players actions on the field that Pay hasn't lost the dressing room and the players are playing for him (also in line with what analysts say). It's wise of Pay to listen and work with the experienced players and good on him (assuming the players went to him first which Pay denied).

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we have ~3m to spend next year? I'll answer it for you, no more back ended deals (to represent a ~11m salary cap, so players on more then what they're worth in general), ratchet clauses, paying players to play elsewhere and removing deadwood. That's Pay's coaching conditions atm and why our team on paper is bottom four. I can tell by the players actions on the field that Pay hasn't lost the dressing room and the players are playing for him (also in line with what analysts say). It's wise of Pay to listen and work with the experienced players and good on him (assuming the players went to him first which Pay denied).
Mate have you ever played sport? Are you competitive? That’s why players put in 100% even when playing out of position!

That’s right, back ended deals end at season end this season! So we DONT have 3m until next year! You’re a nob with very little knowledge but you post like you know everything!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate have you ever played sport? Are you competitive? That’s why players put in 100% even when playing out of position!

That’s right, back ended deals end at season end this season! So we DONT have 3m until next year! You’re a nob with very little knowledge but you post like you know everything!
Mate

I think he's referring to the fact that, as a team, are effectively playing 3 million in the hole this year, due to back ended deals. The likes of Foran, Hopoate, Jackson and Tolman or on, or there abouts, the 1 million mark for this season. If you put them on a salary that is at their market value, we would have a much better roster for this year.

I am still very much on the fence about whether Pay is the coach for us (and that might startle some people) - and whilst I am leaning toward the fact he probably isn't going to take us much further, apart of me definitely believes he deserves a crack at a decent roster.

Has he made some poor decisions in the market? Of course he has. Clay Priest, Dean Britt and a few others just to name a few. But he also had Meaney come in, who has done well, and CHN would have been a starting player had he get his penis in anywhere but a schoolgirl.

Has he made some, what we believe, poor decisions in the 17 on paper every week? We can all have opinions, but we are not watching the team every single day - in training, seeing how they respond to the day-to-day grind, their attitudes etc. The second we question his integrity as a coach is the second we lost trust in his ability to do just that, which is undeserving. And considering we are coming from a position where, we only see 80 minutes a week from the players where as the coaching staff see 20+ hours of the team - I would like to think our opinion holds much less water than that of those who are seeing the players much more often.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

You're showing a very low IQ right about now. Maybe think about what I said for a moment (or just refer to the user above as he's close to the mark). Also I'm probably in a more competitive field than you day in and out so I wouldn't be using that as your argument.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate

I think he's referring to the fact that, as a team, are effectively playing 3 million in the hole this year, due to back ended deals. The likes of Foran, Hopoate, Jackson and Tolman or on, or there abouts, the 1 million mark for this season. If you put them on a salary that is at their market value, we would have a much better roster for this year.

I am still very much on the fence about whether Pay is the coach for us (and that might startle some people) - and whilst I am leaning toward the fact he probably isn't going to take us much further, apart of me definitely believes he deserves a crack at a decent roster.

Has he made some poor decisions in the market? Of course he has. Clay Priest, Dean Britt and a few others just to name a few. But he also had Meaney come in, who has done well, and CHN would have been a starting player had he get his penis in anywhere but a schoolgirl.

Has he made some, what we believe, poor decisions in the 17 on paper every week? We can all have opinions, but we are not watching the team every single day - in training, seeing how they respond to the day-to-day grind, their attitudes etc. The second we question his integrity as a coach is the second we lost trust in his ability to do just that, which is undeserving. And considering we are coming from a position where, we only see 80 minutes a week from the players where as the coaching staff see 20+ hours of the team - I would like to think our opinion holds much less water than that of those who are seeing the players much more often.
Even blind Freddy can see the wrong things he does!

Answer this riddle for me! Do the top coaches constantly change and play blokes out of position? Short answer in NO!

I’m happy for Pay to try guys in new positions but when they don’t work after a few weeks, play them in the positions they specialize in!

Status
Not open for further replies.