Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad do players have to be to be dropped? Their are a lot of players in fg who should have been dropped and told they will not be re-signed, Pay is as bad as Hasturd when it comes to persisting in a player who isn't good enough to be playing in a fg team, and as other kennelers have said previously our club are going to have to pay overs when trying to sign marquee players for next season.
And talk about getting sick of hearing rumours regarding signing has-been players, e.g Reynolds, and now Goodwin, who's name will be mentioned next linked to the doggies, that I don't know but going by what names already been mentioned it will probably be some old useless player who no other team would want, Pay has to go and the board better get their fucking act together or they can pack their bags as well.
Any player available we have been connected to on TK! Jarred Hayne next?

If the players picked the positions in the squad this week means Pay has lost the sheds! He won’t be resigned! Now he is saying Hoppa and DWZ will swap positions during the match?? FFS everyone knows that shit doesn’t work! Pay is a dick!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had no time for Pay since he and his pals walked out on us way back when, basically did a Sonny Bill on us. Kinda hoping he walks out again.
Mate. Can't argue that Pay was an absolute grub for walking out on the club when he did. And playing for Parra. Hate that action more than SBW's personally.

But fail to see what that has to do with coaching. Would you be saying the same if he were winning things with us? Thought not. So, maybe make different comparisons ;)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate! The Super league war was about $$ not loyalty to threats, it’s really what changed the one team player! But it’s like any job, you go where the money is.
Pay had a signed ARL contract, before Bullfrog took us to Superleague. Pay (along with 162 other ARL contracted players) was threatened with lifetime bans and legal action if they broke their contracts. In 1997 and 1998 Pay was selected for the ARL State of Origin and Kangaroo internationals. It was not as simple as changing teams for more money.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay had a signed ARL contract, before Bullfrog took us to Superleague. Pay (along with 162 other ARL contracted players) was threatened with lifetime bans and legal action if they broke their contracts. In 1997 and 1998 Pay was selected for the ARL State of Origin and Kangaroo internationals. It was not as simple as changing teams for more money.

Go Dogs
I totally disagree with you on this! What about all the other international, SOO players in the Raiders, Broncos etc! All the Bulldogs players had a choice, ARL payed certain players more than Super League! And that’s a fact!
I played Oz tag with Matt Ryan, Barry Berrigan, Robert Relf and Hazem (player a couple) at the time and had many discussions about this matter!

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Wrong! McCracken, Pay, Smith and Dymock all originally signed super league contracts to stay with the Bulldogs. McCracken was influential in all 4 getting an Arl deal for double the amount super league were paying. This is what caused the huge rift in the team in 95 and was why McCracken never played first grade again for us.

Canterbury, Cronulla and Canberra were all threatened with explosion from the competition in the first few weeks of 95, after the club and all its players signed super league contracts. This was the same time as when Bullfrog resigned from the board of NSWRL/ARL because we were all in with super league

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wrong! McCracken, Pay, Smith and Dymock all originally signed super league contracts to stay with the Bulldogs. McCracken was influential in all 4 getting an Arl deal for double the amount super league were paying. This is what caused the huge rift in the team in 95 and was why McCracken never played first grade again for us.
Canterbury, Cronulla and Canberra were all threatened with explosion from the competition in the first few weeks of 95, after the club and all its players signed super league contracts. This was the same time as when Bullfrog resigned from the board of NSWRL/ARL because we were all in with super league
I totally disagree with you on this! What about all the other international, SOO players in the Raiders, Broncos etc! All the Bulldogs players had a choice, ARL payed certain players more than Super League! And that’s a fact!
I played Oz tag with Matt Ryan, Barry Berrigan, Robert Relf and Hazem (player a couple) at the time and had many discussions about this matter!
I don't see anything contradictory in the actual facts above, but what is different is the interpretation. Some paint it as Pay signed with Parramatta simply because they offered him more money, but there were many other factors involved that ultimately lead to the move from us (Bulldogs Superleague aligned) to them (Parramatta ARL aligned). It was an ugly time with court cases almost daily, I'm glad I wasn't one of the many forced to make a call on who to align myself with.

Go Dogs

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything contradictory in the actual facts above, but what is different is the interpretation. Some paint it as Pay signed with Parramatta simply because they offered him more money, but there were many other factors involved that ultimately lead to the move from us (Bulldogs Superleague aligned) to them (Parramatta ARL aligned). It was an ugly time with court cases almost daily, I'm glad I wasn't one of the many forced to make a call on who to align myself with.

Go Dogs
Nice back pedal lmao

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just had a look at the Sack McGregor thread on the St George supporters forum and its at 737 pages with him likely to be sacked today. Based on that Pay is safe and has at least 680 more pages of death riding before he gets punted...:tearsofjoy:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a look at the Sack McGregor thread on the St George supporters forum and its at 737 pages with him likely to be sacked today. Based on that Pay is safe and has at least 680 more pages of death riding before he gets punted...:tearsofjoy:
It’s one game my friend against the Dragons, let’s see how the next few weeks pan out!

Either way does anyone see him as the future moving forward?

Dogs played well in patches, once again there was many missed opportunities and Dripped ball! I wonder if they have been practicing passing? Remis can’t pass or we would have have two more tries! Needs to be pushed back to the wing!

But I must say I’m glad Pay made changes and got us a better flow, Foran was a huge difference!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It really felt like the losing coach was going to get the arse.

Man the Drags were abysmal.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The St George players are fukwits. They should be playing way better then they are. You look at players like Graham who still does the same as he did with us, will die out on the field if he had to. Then you look at c*nts like Hunt and I think I read he had something like 3 touches of the ball? They have talent, they're just fukin soft! Watching Mary's post match interview, I felt for the dude. He's clearly doing everything he can but I'm not certain that most of the players can say the same.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The St George players are fukwits. They should be playing way better then they are. You look at players like Graham who still does the same as he did with us, will die out on the field if he had to. Then you look at c*nts like Hunt and I think I read he had something like 3 touches of the ball? They have talent, they're just fukin soft! Watching Mary's post match interview, I felt for the dude. He's clearly doing everything he can but I'm not certain that most of the players can say the same.
Well for Graham to tell Luke Thompson to come to us just indicates that he has had enough of St George. Hopefully he takes a position in our coaching staff next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mary is by far and away the worst coach in the game, no need to feel sorry for him or make excuses. I'd be on suicide watch if I was a dragons fan and had to sit through that shit.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mary is by far and away the worst coach in the game, no need to feel sorry for him or make excuses. I'd be on suicide watch if I was a dragons fan and had to sit through that shit.
Not making excuses, just holding million dollar players and the team accountable for their situation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.