Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d get Holbrook back he’s been at the club before and doing well in England, correct me if I’m wrong didn’t he coach our reserves to premierships?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as easy as it seems what will happen first, pay sacked or dogs win next game first?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the players are absolutely fed up with him, I believe Pay will see out this year. If the situation becomes untenable
then I think he will last no longer than 6 to 7 week's. Then
Georgallis interim coach only for this year.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Swap out Walters for Holbrook and I’d be happy with any of them. I’ll be filthy if it’s someone like Griffen. You have good mail have you heard if Pay getting the axe any time soon is a possibility?
Not any time soon but door is banging loud
It might only take a proper shellacking as u mentioned in another thread for it to be ripped off it’s hinges

A

Alexander the Great

100% come correct. Fox coverage showed the dressing room for close to a minute after the game. Players sat in a horse shoe format whilst pay was pacing back and forth talking. Not for 1 moment did any player look at him. Heads were buried or looking in other directions. The body language was clear with nearly all players having a look of how the fuck is this bloke our coach. You can literally see it.

There is no way back from this point for Pay. He has got to be close to being flicked
Except Elliot. He is balls deep into pay in that shot

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has to be Adam obrien for me

Other choices would include Kev Walters, Shane Flanagan or that demetriou fella that follows bennet everywhere
He’s one tough cookie and wouldn’t put up with the shit the players are throwing up
He does get alot of wraps

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not any time soon but door is banging loud
It might only take a proper shellacking as u mentioned in another thread for it to be ripped off it’s hinges
Surely wen we play roosters then

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So any truth to the rumour Pay isn't speaking to Martin, Lewis or Holland?

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did we hire someone that did there apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has to be Adam obrien for me

Other choices would include Kev Walters, Shane Flanagan or that demetriou fella that follows bennet everywhere
He’s one tough cookie and wouldn’t put up with the shit the players are throwing up
He would be way better than what we have, but heard during roosters game commentary recently he signed 2 year contract as roosters assistant coach with no get out clauses even if there is a nrl top job available. Supposedly his contract expires after 2020, so is he the one the club are looking at to replace pay in 2021?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would be way better than what we have, but heard during roosters game commentary recently he signed 2 year contract as roosters assistant coach with no get out clauses even if there is a nrl top job available. Supposedly his contract expires after 2020, so is he the one the club are looking at to replace pay in 2021?
Surely If he can secure a fg gig the Rorters would let him move on
Trust me he’s the next big thing in terms of coaching
It’s either him or jason demetriou for me

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Surely If he can secure a fg gig the Rorters would let him move on
Trust me he’s the next big thing in terms of coaching
It’s either him or jason demetriou for me
Yep. Both guys have runs on the board. I like Demetriou because he has actually been in charge of 2 different clubs (nsw/qld cup), and had lots of success (minor premiers twice, finished 2nd on the ladder, 2xCompetition wins). As well as being assistant under 3 different coaches. I think he has done the hard yards.

As much as I think O'brien could be good. 11 years working as an assistant coach without actually having been in charge just marks him down for me. Great to be involved in some great clubs, but until your the one making the decisions you don't know what the outcome will be though given were we are currently, that might not be the worst thing.

Anything is better than Pay. Damn, I'd fire Pay now and just get a caretaker in for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.