Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to stay on course, we have a plan apparently ...but we don't want our competitors knowing our grand plan..hmmmm........

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was more making the point about how the board pushed 2021 as the magical year where we had all this cap space...fast forward to now and we have over 10 players unsigned and only $3m.
It seems in the three years of trying to free up cap space, they've also wasted a decent amount.

Napa for 550k plus, re-signing Jackson to 600k for three more years and extending Lewis when he still had a year left on his deal is at least $1.5 million tied up in questionable deals when that money could have been better spent elsewhere..

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I'd love to know why they would feel the need to give Pay another month to prove himself when he's already had two and a quarter seasons...

Is the next month going to tell them anything they didn't already know? If they had faith in him they would have offered him more than a one year extension.

They've known all along that he's not the coach to take us to the next level yet they continue to leave him hanging while stifling negotiations with players with the continual uncertainty surrounding who will be coach next season.

It's time to shit or get off the pot and make a decision one way or the other.
Maybe the board are giving him a month to show him(Pay) he can't coach. Maybe they are trying to push him into a different career path. Well thats what I hope

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe the board are giving him a month to show him(Pay) he can't coach. Maybe they are trying to push him into a different career path. Well thats what I hope
I think he's proven that already. Clearly they need more evidence!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to know why they would feel the need to give Pay another month to prove himself when he's already had two and a quarter seasons...

Is the next month going to tell them anything they didn't already know? If they had faith in him they would have offered him more than a one year extension.

They've known all along that he's not the coach to take us to the next level yet they continue to leave him hanging while stifling negotiations with players with the continual uncertainty surrounding who will be coach next season.

Maybe a month to let things simmer down before announcing Bellamy. That way Bellamy’s recent comments about not talking to anyone from the bulldogs and supporting Pay appear legitimate. One can hope

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe a month to let things simmer down before announcing Bellamy. That way Bellamy’s recent comments about not talking to anyone from the bulldogs and supporting Pay appear legitimate. One can hope
I don't think there's much chance of Bellamy but I'd love to be wrong. I hope there's a grand plan but even if there is, time is running out to unveil it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Cause we still Jackson, hoppa, dwz, Napa,, Lewis, jmk, katoa, Stimson, Britt, averillo, chrichton, Thompson, r-smith, c-smith Ogden, meaner and to’omanga on our books for next season. Average them at 300k each and you have just over $5m of you cap gone.
I average them at a second string team and nowhere near 50% of the cap. Goes to show how wrong we have gone with retention and recruitment.

The thing about the cap is saving money is a fallacy because you have to spend 95% of your cap anyways and with more limitations on front and back loading. So we are basically spending the same 95-100% on lower grade players, the regulation on front loading and back loading only makes the rebuild take longer

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe the board should hire Consentino as the coach for next year seeing that the main criteria you believe is that they must be a magician!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cause we still Jackson, hoppa, dwz, Napa,, Lewis, jmk, katoa, Stimson, Britt, averillo, chrichton, Thompson, r-smith, c-smith Ogden, meaner and to’omanga on our books for next season. Average them at 300k each and you have just over $5m of you cap gone.
Still even so.. cap is $9.9m For 2021? Should be closer to $4.5m than $3m available.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe the board should hire Consentino as the coach for next year seeing that the main criteria you believe is that they must be a magician!
A magician in what way? Are you suggesting Pay would have to be a magician to be in anything but 15th place in his third season?

If that's the case, then Pay makes McGregor look like Houdini and Seibold look like David Blane.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A magician in what way? Are you suggesting Pay would have to be a magician to be in anything but 15th place in his third season?

If that's the case, then Pay makes McGregor look like Houdini and Seibold look like David Blane.
The fact that you totally forgot to mention Criss Angel, I take serious offence to that!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So $3M into 13 players next year is ~$230K per player. Hardly a “war chest”
We have ~3m (it's an estimate, we could have 2.5m or 3.5m) worth of talent/top players to add to the team. That doesn't include who we already have (that's also assuming we re-sign Foran and Elliott on what they're "worth" now). E.g. we can sign Cotric ~700k, Friend ~700k, Bateman ~800k and that's 2.2m spent. That's how much below the salary cap we're actually playing due to our past management.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Players we're looking to recruit apparently want to know who our coach is for 2021 (I believe overs is enough, but whatever). That means we can't sit around waiting for a top coach if one isn't available (as players also can't wait for us to make a decision). The board will most likely re-sign Pay (for reasons I've stated before, we'll not talk about that today tho) if a top coach isn't available. We just have to make the decision soon/now.

Status
Not open for further replies.