Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are properly fucked
Please tell me how?
It’s a blessing in disguise. We have too many forwards. Plus if he goes, it means we save a shitload of money to buy some quality out wide. Too many young gun forwards coming through like Toomaga etc.

And Christmas will come early too if Foran goes as well

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please tell me how?
It’s a blessing in disguise. We have too many forwards. Plus if he goes, it means we save a shitload of money to buy some quality out wide. Too many young gun forwards coming through like Toomaga etc.

I am of the same opinion on this matter. As good as Klemmer is he isnt worth that kind of coin, and we have these younger guys coming through. His money could be spent on someone for our spine that could change our next few years, if anyone available.
But in saying this, wouldnt be upset if he stayed, thats for sure.

bulldogguy

New Pup
Reaction score
let em both go klemmer and foran but surely we can say we're not paying you and with all the $$$$$$ bring home the grub and sign carney too

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer to be marked lower than SBW if he ditches out on us in a very crucial time of need. Let karma deliver him constant injuries and let the Knights end his rep career. Stuff it, I hope there’s a Great Depression II so even his money becomes worthless. It’s absolute poison to have fallen in love with this club. Was once a daily delight win lose or draw, but since the Day SBW walked we have been hexed beyond argument. We are a laughing stock, and no one wants to stay here let alone move here. Death to rugby league while I’m at it. Embarrassing 2 state code with Netball pulling bigger crowds. Stuff the lot, and a big advance stuff you to anyone who wants to pull me in for venting. Big straw on a weak camels back here. We could make 2 invincibles teams with the superstars who we’ve so badly managed.
Feels so depressing hey and a very poor future for the club if these negative outcomes keep being inflicted on us. Just never any clear air lately, let alone success and something to look forward to.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The club must of known this was coming as there have been reports for a while now he was unhappy with his TPAs, he even said he was prepared to leave to help sort out the club’s salary cap.
I have been critical of the club’s bullshit smoke screen about the salary cap to make the situation of forcing Mbye and Woods out of the club acceptable (I agreed with those moves BTW).
When Klemmer leaves one has to ask who are we spending our salary cap on?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say Newcastle will have to pay overs especially if he is still contracted to us.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be worse. Imagine if the club signs napa as his replacement.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No prop is worth crying about. No prop in our game should be worth more than $1.1m a year.

No loss really. We suffered more when Barba left to be honest.

I'd rather spend Klemmer's money on a top notch spine player.

Besides we got so many forwards who can cart the ball up.
no good having a decent spine if we have no go forward because they have nothing to play off the back of...…….can we just forfeit next season

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Klemmer is released, Fatiano might be an option...

Although he is injury prone and unfit no matter how much weight he looses.... he still offers more then Klemmer in the ball playing department and the quick play the balls......

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
Feels so depressing hey and a very poor future for the club if these negative outcomes keep being inflicted on us. Just never any clear air lately, let alone success and something to look forward to.
It just seems endless?
One thing after another and the rot does start at the top.
Until we regain some true Bulldog bite and grit this now decade + rut we are in will become multi generational.
We need to be run by people who are hard arsed and no nonsense. The type who when bitten by the media call their own presser and bite right on back. Klemmer can be made an example of for all I care. Told to be a man and honour his contract or play Park grade and kill his career. Either way we are without him, so the end product is the same. How can the fans keep on copping this stuff? I mean he is truly Bulldog born and bred. He deserves some old boys knocking his door in today and stripping him bare for treason, reduce him to tears for being a terrible character of a man and letting this stuff happen to a club that made him who he is today.
What’s going on, one issue after another is simply unimaginable. Right when things are meant to be rounding a corner they are heading the other way. Don’t think for a second this doesn’t impact the rest of the team horribly. To go from a powerhouse, feared and respected club to what we are now is almost litteraly sickening. There just not enough rose coloured glasses to say otherwise.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Success is in our DNA, our time will come again. Piss all the players that don't wear the jersey with pride.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klemmer can be made an example of for all I care. Told to be a man and honour his contract or play Park grade and kill his career. Either way we are without him, so the end product is the same.

He deserves some old boys knocking his door in today and stripping him bare for treason, reduce him to tears for being a terrible character of a man and letting this stuff happen to a club that made him who he is today.
You want to play games and force someone to be here? Its not like it will come cheap like what Manly did to Hastings. And you think his presence around the club will be a good thing during the process?

You need to remove the cancer and let the healing begin. There are plenty of players who want to earn good money carting up the football.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Foran wants to go let him but full frieght or he stays as well.
Are you nuts, there is no way if Foran goes, will any team be stupid enough to pay him anywhere near what he is getting with us. And Foran and his management aren't stupid either. The guy is getting old and knows he will never get a contract as lucrative as he has with the dogs. He has 8 bloody children to look after!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please tell me how?

How.. who is going to stand up? Tolman? Fualalo? Elliott? yeah sure he has a go and I love the bloke, but doesn't have a lot of impact

our young blokes are good but still a few years off from being top level first graders... Klemmer's go forward is the only reason we are in games.. Lewis can't really do much if we don't have that go forward

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you nuts, there is no way if Foran goes, will any team be stupid enough to pay him anywhere near what he is getting with us. And Foran and his management aren't stupid either. The guy is getting old and knows he will never get a contract as lucrative as he has with the dogs. He has 8 bloody children to look after!

Des will see to it that Foran gets the money at Manly if he wants him.. but other than that.. no I don't see any other club looking at him

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me how?

Absolutely correct.......100% agree. I said months ago when they were strapped for cash that they should look at offloading Klemmer with the money he is on......yes he is a very good forward and does make a lot of metres but for the life of me the amount of money he is on and the guy doesn't have a passing game.......I've seen him pass more in the last 3 or 4 months when they had NO hope of making the finals then the last 4 years......the amount of money this would free would be great for the club......No ONE player is bigger than the club......Let him go I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.