Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he’s whinging about 3rd party deals how is the club to blame? I thought that clubs can’t have anything to do with third party deals? Or am I wrong? Thought it’s up to the players manager to source those deals? And Klem didn’t have a manager when he signed this contract?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems like we have had way more players get homesick, have personal pronlems, blackmail the club, ask for releases than any 6 combined in the NRL.

With different Boards, CEO's and coaches. It feels systemic and inherent to our club.

Why? A review needs to be done.

The Club's policies were wrong with Coffs in not letting the players defend themselves. We lost the best ever forward (yes argue it) walking out in a media frenzy. Barba was our Rothmans Medallist and brilliant attacking weapon. We lost the best ever half of this Decade (yes argue it)..imagine if we'd kept those we developed. Don't blame salary cap.

No other club has suffered those humiliations and probable lost premierships and successful times.

.Is there spmething terribly amiss with our Club? Feels like it!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems like we have had way more players get homesick, have personal pronlems, blackmail the club, ask for releases than any 6 combined in the NRL.

With different Boards, CEO's and coaches. It feels systemic and inherent to our club.

The Club's policies were wrong with Coffs in not letting the players defend themselves. We lost the best ever forward (yes argue it) walking out in a media frenzy. Barba was our Rothmans Medallist and brilliant attacking weapon. We lost the best ever half of this Decade (yes argue it)..imagine if we'd kept those we developed. Don't blame salary cap.

No other club has suffered those humiliations and probable lost premierships and successful times.

Oops Rothmans Medallist lol

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say Newcastle will have to pay overs especially if he is still contracted to us.
Read an article this morning that there is a reported offer of 4 years for $4.6M.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we had the ball where it needed to be just as much as those top teams and even more than some, but no teams win without halves... we finally get one good half in Lewis but without Klemmer we might struggle for the same amount of good field position
Fair enough.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer needs to come out and say this rumour is not true not the club. The club needs to force him to do this now and end it. Destabilising the team before next year is not fair to the team and it’s fans, we have had enough of this shit. The cap needs to be thrown out its rubbish,. Klemmer will end up being like a virus amongst those that are healthy eventually it spreads.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the board are even considering this then they should all fall on their swords.

Klemmer is on about $500k a year at the dogs for the next 2 years. That is a great deal for us as he is worth more than that. If we let him go then we cant sign a replacement as good as Klemmer for that sort of money.

Greg Eastwood was on $850k this year. The club wanted him to go but guess what ?? He didnt. Sometimes players get a raw deal, sometimes club do. If you dont like it Klem then go dig holes somewhere.

And if he doesnt want to be here and plays accordingly then all he does is decreases his value for his next contract and possibly lose rep jumpers.

The club is fucked in the head for even listening to him. The conversation should be "You signed the deal, stop sooking"

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s all wel and good tonsay now he’s worth more then he was when he signed his deal 2 years ago. What about the 350k a year he got for a kid and everyone was giving us shit saying paying a young untested prop that on a long deal is stupid? Can’t have it both ways ffs

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd hate to see Klemmer leave, but if he is getting offered that kind of money then let him go.
It sets him and his family up for life.
He's been a good player for us but we could use the money to balance our cap and roster more efficiently.
Even if Klemmer was to stay the next 2 years we dont improve on our predicted bottom 8 finishes, however if he leaves we may be able to get some quality in the positions we need them in and increase our chances of a top 8 spot.
We have some decent middle forwards coming through to cover him to an extent, though a front rower of his calibre is not replaceable at this time of year.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Are you nuts, there is no way if Foran goes, will any team be stupid enough to pay him anywhere near what he is getting with us. And Foran and his management aren't stupid either. The guy is getting old and knows he will never get a contract as lucrative as he has with the dogs. He has 8 bloody children to look after!
Isn’t his dad the CEO of Walmart or something?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How.. who is going to stand up? Tolman? Fualalo? Elliott? yeah sure he has a go and I love the bloke, but doesn't have a lot of impact

our young blokes are good but still a few years off from being top level first graders... Klemmer's go forward is the only reason we are in games.. Lewis can't really do much if we don't have that go forward
He is not worth $1.1m a year. Only top notch spine players deserve anywhere near that. He is not Thurston mate.

We have plenty of go forward without him. We smashed the Broncos and made 1700 meters in that game while Klemmer was out suspended.

You'll be surprised what a good off season does to the Ogden's, Toomaga's and Burr's. I don't think they're a few years away. We're not winning any NRL competition in 2019 anyway.
Add to that the purchase of meter eater Sue from the tigers and CHN in the backrow. The sooner we get used to playing without Klemmer the better.

The main reason we won both GF's in ISP was due to our power game up the middle, these boys were clearly a class above ISP level. It wasn't because of our creativity or lightning fast backs that's for sure.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is not worth $1.1m a year. Only top notch spine players deserve anywhere near that. He is not Thurston mate.

We have plenty of go forward without him. We smashed the Broncos and made 1700 meters in that game while Klemmer was out suspended.

You'll be surprised what a good off season does to the Ogden's, Toomaga's and Burr's. I don't think they're a few years away. We're not winning any NRL competition in 2019 anyway.
Add to that the purchase of meter eater Sue from the tigers and CHN in the backrow. The sooner we get used to playing without Klemmer the better.

The main reason we won both GF's in ISP was due to our power game up the middle, these boys were clearly a class above ISP level. It wasn't because of our creativity or lightning fast backs that's for sure.
I agree with what your saying I like Klemmer but we can live without him. Trying to hang on to him if he wants to leave is only going to cause a problem with the players that want to play for the dogs.. it needs to be sorted out now....

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club has to draw a line.

The Broncos and Roosters never have the players running the show, nor do player managers hold their clubs to ransom.

The club needs to make a statement with troublesome player managers, i.e Isaac Moses, as well as troublesome reporters.

Any player associated/managed with Isaac Moses will not play or have any contract negotiations with the Bulldogs whatsoever.

When players are signed or re-signed every contract should have a penalty clause for a player who wants to leave before there contracts are up. If they disagree with the terms, they obviously do not want to play for the jersey. If they agree, then its obvious they want to play for the jersey and they are paid to the last cent for the full term.

This is all Isaac Moses' doing with brainwashing young players with a calculator.

To a certain extent, i believe in the "if a player does not want to stay, there is no point in keeping him" but we have to avoid these situations, and as the old saying goes, hit them where it hurts, in the back pocket, because everyone hurts and thinks about the back pocket.

In this instance, the CLUB MUST DRAW A LINE RIGHT NOW and i would not let Klemmer off lightly and give that scumbag Isaac Moses what he wants.

Ponga left the Cowboys for the cash and not for an "opportunity". He is on 600k, which is unders. I would be on the phone right now and offering Ponga 4.6m over 4 years and you can bet your bottom dollar Ponga will jump at Newcastle.

Can Newcastle afford both players? Who knows!

Which player would you choose at $1.1m, Ponga or Klemmer?

Klemmer is on top dollar for a prop at the Bulldogs and Newcastle are throwing absolute overs at him as no other NRL club can.

Its time the club fights back

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jason tomololo is on a mill.

Truth is, klemmer should go. I would, he is going to an opportunity where he can set up him and his family for life.
100%

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with what your saying I like Klemmer but we can live without him. Trying to hang on to him if he wants to leave is only going to cause a problem with the players that want to play for the dogs.. it needs to be sorted out now....
100% mate.

Look, I'd love to see him remain a bulldogs for life, but it's not really that bad if he goes to be honest. One meter eater goes, another one comes.
It's harder to find a quality halfback, hooker or fullback than it is to find or develop a prop. Please Klem, if you want to go, just go now FFS

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des will see to it that Foran gets the money at Manly if he wants him.. but other than that.. no I don't see any other club looking at him
Yes Des may want Foran but he will leverage that against us i.e. the fact that we may want to clear cap space for him given he is overpriced. It wouldnt help us in 2019 but will get him off our books in 2020. Lets say the dogs take half his contract in 2019 to clear itself for 2020, it may be worth it for both parties. Can then sign a real half in 2020 that is healthy and can actually be a cornerstone player. Foran isn't.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club has to draw a line.

The Broncos and Roosters never have the players running the show, nor do player managers hold their clubs to ransom.

The club needs to make a statement with troublesome player managers, i.e Isaac Moses, as well as troublesome reporters.

Any player associated/managed with Isaac Moses will not play or have any contract negotiations with the Bulldogs whatsoever.

When players are signed or re-signed every contract should have a penalty clause for a player who wants to leave before there contracts are up. If they disagree with the terms, they obviously do not want to play for the jersey. If they agree, then its obvious they want to play for the jersey and they are paid to the last cent for the full term.

This is all Isaac Moses' doing with brainwashing young players with a calculator.

To a certain extent, i believe in the "if a player does not want to stay, there is no point in keeping him" but we have to avoid these situations, and as the old saying goes, hit them where it hurts, in the back pocket, because everyone hurts and thinks about the back pocket.

In this instance, the CLUB MUST DRAW A LINE RIGHT NOW and i would not let Klemmer off lightly and give that scumbag Isaac Moses what he wants.

Ponga left the Cowboys for the cash and not for an "opportunity". He is on 600k, which is unders. I would be on the phone right now and offering Ponga 4.6m over 4 years and you can bet your bottom dollar Ponga will jump at Newcastle.

Can Newcastle afford both players? Who knows!

Which player would you choose at $1.1m, Ponga or Klemmer?

Klemmer is on top dollar for a prop at the Bulldogs and Newcastle are throwing absolute overs at him as no other NRL club can.

Its time the club fights back

I agree mate. Give that money to Ponga. At least he can win you a game. Throwing ridiculous money at a prop is crazy.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Des screwed us over, no need to do a review.

So the real answer is our board stuffed up royally.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree mate. Give that money to Ponga. At least he can win you a game. Throwing ridiculous money at a prop is crazy.
You need vision to get someone like Ponga, our vision is Eastwood at 850K, fark me dead.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Who gives a fk , you’d switch companies in a heartbeat if your offered the same , and I wanna leave Sydney too it’s a massive shithole

Status
Not open for further replies.