Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to think that was the case but after a similar amount of silence with the mad Monday fiasco, the club ended up paying 125k when if they fought it they probably wouldn't have had to pay a cent. Especially considering the lack of fines for Souths with Burgess or Penrith with Merrin. Or Cronulla cheating the cap.. Or Brisbane having a banned official in the box...

I think the majority of fans would rather the club came out and attacked the NRL on these issues and contested such matters instead of leaving us all in the dark and making us wonder whether we'll get the raw end of the stick yet again.

Time will tell. No one is writing off this regime. We all want them to prove their worth. But the last several years and the lack of action by this regime last season have a lot of fans deeply concerned.
Get what you're saying mate but what does the club gain from going to war with the NRL? I prefer that we take our time, think out our decisions and make the right ones.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get what you're saying mate but what does the club gain from going to war with the NRL? I prefer that we take our time, think out our decisions and make the right ones.
Exactly, it’s much better than the knee jerk reaction signings we made last year and got ourselves in shit.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We were happy to break players contracts mid-season this year for players who wanted to remain at our club.
So when Klemmer wants to go...we say no? Why are we saying no? Get rid of him...he actually wants to go.

I don't get it... He is a good run of the ball but he is one dimensional player. Offers nothing else in attack. His defence is questionable at times. We had Klemmer all year and we couldn't win a game cause we lacked points which he doesn't produce. Lewis and Martin join the team and we produce points.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol,

you want us to let go Australian/ NSWs best forward? while he has 2 more years to run on his contract and there is not even half a decent forward available in the market?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly, it’s much better than the knee jerk reaction signings we made last year and got ourselves in shit.
It really is about understanding what the club wants, and sees itself being. This is playing style, attitude on & off the pitch, mentality, all of it. Once we 100% understand that (which I sincerely hope we do know already) then it's about finding the right player that suits our profile. Not just any old big name. Just because someone is an origin player, doesn't mean he's the right player for us ...

Patience people. We'll get it right ;)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely. There's an argument for what you're saying.

I just think as a code we're at crisis point and someone has to take a stand and point out the inconsistencies and how corrupt and inept the NRL truly are.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and think I'm quite impartial about my team but it's blatantly obvious that we get penalised way more harshly for indiscretions than any other club for similar offences. Why stand for more of the same from the NRL?

We got 38 competition points docked for cheating the cap. Melbourne got none. Parra got about 4 or 6 taken off. Manly had none taken off. Cronulla didn't even get a fine!!!

Could you imagine Bullfrog sitting back in silence? Or Politis or Shane Richardson for that matter? If the Broncos copped any of the punishments we did they'd leave the NRL and hold them to ransom til they got what they wanted.

The point is, we're seen as a weak club now and if we ever want to be a powerhouse again and attract star players and juniors, we have to show some initiative and balls for once.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He can fuck right off IF we get a player or two that can fill the positions we need.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I just think as a code we're at crisis point and someone has to take a stand and point out the inconsistencies and how corrupt and inept the NRL truly are.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and think I'm quite impartial about my team but it's blatantly obvious that we get penalised way more harshly for indiscretions than any other club for similar offences. Why stand for more of the same from the NRL?

We got 38 competition points docked for cheating the cap. Melbourne got none. Parra got about 4 or 6 taken off. Manly had none taken off. Cronulla didn't even get a fine!!!

Could you imagine Bullfrog sitting back in silence? Or Politis or Shane Richardson for that matter? If the Broncos copped any of the punishments we did they'd leave the NRL and hold them to ransom til they got what they wanted.

The point is, we're seen as a weak club now and if we ever want to be a powerhouse again and attract star players and juniors, we have to show some initiative and balls for once.
Melbourne copped a pretty big punishment but the other's got let off lightly.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of Klemmer but the way he’s gone about it just stinks. To us he’s not worth that coin the knights are offering and he doesn’t want to be here. So fuck him off and let them worry about putting a competitive team around him when he’s using up 1.2 million of the salary cap. We proved just last season we can dominate games without him so find some bargain replacements and get some flair and substance into the club with his coin.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kinda agree with most of the posts on this thread. They're all valid.

The big issue I have with letting him go is that he's used the media to put us over a barrel. I hate that managers will do this these days. I'd hope the club stick to their guns and don't let him go without ready replacements of quality players to bring in.

If he plays hardball and sticks with the personal issues story I don't see why the club shouldn't say to him that he doesn't have to play for us. But he has to sign off on a deal where he sits out two years, we pay him minimal wage to free up the cap space while he sits out on money that the average joe (non footballers specifically). He can move wherever the hell he wants unless he decieds that $800k is worth being an adult and dealing with his issues, rather than having to drop back to say $40k per year and living somewhere that these personal issues don't affect him. I find it hard to imagine personal issues that he'll have in Sydney that wouldn't also be present in Newcastle. Is he not able to cope with traffic in Sydney? I'm struggling to think what issues that life in Sydney would present that wouldn't also confront him in newcastle.

I honestly don't care if we lose him. As has been mentioned elsewhere, his go forward is great but he's noit a creative enough player to demand money that a top line half is worth. Taumololo at 1 million breaks games with more that just hard running which is what Klemmer offers in barrel loads, but Taumololo offers creativity along with it. But he doesn't offload well and doesn't even make a habit of smashing players in defense. We could buy a 400k player that runs hard and spend the spare cash elsewhere. He's a good player but he's honestly on great coin if the $800k rumours have any validity. We have salary cap issues because we overpaid too many forwards in the past and couldn't splash enough money around to attract the better spine players that we need. I just hope we don't release him without having first lined up some players to bolster our weak spots in the squad. A hooker with a crisp passing game is a must. It just means our first receiver can hit pace before getting the ball and our halves and backs have a small amount more time to make decisions (like do they draw defenders and pass, kick the ball or hit a weak spot in defense). Dummy half running is over-rated as far as I'm concerned and Lichaa wants to play out his career with that pretty much being his only skill. If he hasn't developed a decent passing game by the start of the season I would assume that he's not bothering and/or isn't good enough.

I just hope the club manage to turn this bucket of shit we're facing into something that doesn't smell as bad. The issue is that the better players are already locked up, so the timing is absolutely shithouse for us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How long can this drag on for??
A lot longer I imagine as the dogs won't be pushed into making a decision until we have the right players on board. I imagine for weeks at the very least. And I think we should be taking that as a good sign in that we won't be pushed into making a snap decision.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Agree 100% with what you're saying. Personally, I don't think anything will change until we are apologised to from the NRL For the Coffs Harbour incident. For me that was the tipping point.

In saying this .... I think the Dogs NOT making a quick decision on Klemmer is showing balls. We're playing chess behind the scenes, allowing everyone else to put their sh*t in the public view. Give it time and I think we'll be surprised by what this club has done.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is no one knows the full story in any of the cases.

Were Sharon and Mbye really wanting to stay? Does the club really want Klemmer? Maybe they're happy to move Klemmer on because he's a drama queen and they want to use the money elsewhere.

People are assuming alot in the players we have/are going to let go.

Malla

Reaction score
Kinda agree with most of the posts on this thread. They're all valid.

The big issue I have with letting him go is that he's used the media to put us over a barrel. I hate that managers will do this these days. I'd hope the club stick to their guns and don't let him go without ready replacements of quality players to bring in.

If he plays hardball and sticks with the personal issues story I don't see why the club shouldn't say to him that he doesn't have to play for us. But he has to sign off on a deal where he sits out two years, we pay him minimal wage to free up the cap space while he sits out on money that the average joe (non footballers specifically). He can move wherever the hell he wants unless he decieds that $800k is worth being an adult and dealing with his issues, rather than having to drop back to say $40k per year and living somewhere that these personal issues don't affect him. I find it hard to imagine personal issues that he'll have in Sydney that wouldn't also be present in Newcastle. Is he not able to cope with traffic in Sydney? I'm struggling to think what issues that life in Sydney would present that wouldn't also confront him in newcastle.

I honestly don't care if we lose him. As has been mentioned elsewhere, his go forward is great but he's noit a creative enough player to demand money that a top line half is worth. Taumololo at 1 million breaks games with more that just hard running which is what Klemmer offers in barrel loads, but Taumololo offers creativity along with it. But he doesn't offload well and doesn't even make a habit of smashing players in defense. We could buy a 400k player that runs hard and spend the spare cash elsewhere. He's a good player but he's honestly on great coin if the $800k rumours have any validity. We have salary cap issues because we overpaid too many forwards in the past and couldn't splash enough money around to attract the better spine players that we need. I just hope we don't release him without having first lined up some players to bolster our weak spots in the squad. A hooker with a crisp passing game is a must. It just means our first receiver can hit pace before getting the ball and our halves and backs have a small amount more time to make decisions (like do they draw defenders and pass, kick the ball or hit a weak spot in defense). Dummy half running is over-rated as far as I'm concerned and Lichaa wants to play out his career with that pretty much being his only skill. If he hasn't developed a decent passing game by the start of the season I would assume that he's not bothering and/or isn't good enough.

I just hope the club manage to turn this bucket of shit we're facing into something that doesn't smell as bad. The issue is that the better players are already locked up, so the timing is absolutely shithouse for us.
Good post and I think you addressed what everyone should be focusing on - his asking price relative to what is out there in the market. If anyone on the team deserves that kind of money, it's Josh Jackson and nobody else. There is literally a thousand players out there from first grade to A grade that can do what Klemmer does.

I think what has happened here and what people are over looking is his manager has identified an opportunity where we are in cap trouble and need to offload players to free up cap space, he's gone out and negotiated an offer from Knights for a sum of money that is at least $500k above Klemmers worth and now its about getting him to Knights so both Klemmer and his manager can get paid.

We will be just fine, I would rather us put that money into our juniors.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol,

you want us to let go Australian/ NSWs best forward? while he has 2 more years to run on his contract and there is not even half a decent forward available in the market?
I agree,
I think it’s up to the club to stay strong

Greenburg said it best during the Jamal move to the titans

Loyalty goes only as long as your current contract.

Goes both ways

When the club moves on a player mid contract it bites the club on the arse in terms of the club ends up paying a portion of said players contract to play against us and that amount comes out of our salary cap.

If a player wants to move on mid contract
They play compassionate card
Get released
Get more money
Other club is happy
Player is happy

Our club is fucked over.

Has to change.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can fuck off.....but only when we say so.
Spot on...He could cry all he likes !!!
If the club is paying him what is reported it is fair !
NewArshole want him...they can have only if we get an equivalent replacement !!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Spot on...He could cry all he likes !!!
If the club is paying him what is reported it is fair !
NewArshole want him...they can have only if we get an equivalent replacement !!!
At the end of the day we are in the driver's seat here. If they don't offer up a suitable replacement then it doesn't happen, simple as that. Plus we can tell Klemmer that obviously they didn't really want him that much. That they preferred other players over him and that's the way it will be when it comes to contract renewal time, he'll get second rate treatment. Much better for him to be with a club that wants him to stay and fought for it.

Go Dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the dogs email to knights goes like this ,we get jesse ramien you get klemmer if this doesn’t happen no further correspondence necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.