Consolidated "I enjoy whinging about TRex" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1 problem with trex is rather than try to hit holes he is trying run over people and bump them off
To be fair to Trex, whenever he gets the ball he attracts 3-4 defenders. Our halves need to do more to put him through holes, IMO.

sawtell girl9

Waterboy
Reaction score
To be fair to Trex, whenever he gets the ball he attracts 3-4 defenders. Our halves need to do more to put him through holes, IMO.[/

His problem is that all too often he slows down after the first contact regardless of if it is effective contact or not.(So you just send a small guy at him to slow him down and then he is an easy target) He does not have good leg drive and hates to be put on his back in a tackle. I still think he has not had a great or good game since he got a bad back playing origin. If I was the coach I would drop him to nsw cup as starting prop so he could learn about hard work, then when you bring him back to nrl he would be happy to put in as a 2nd rower.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe we can call him Brontosaurus. They were still huge, but timid.

This year sadly he is a timid version of himself a lot of the time, with glimpses of the old him. Not sure if hes carrying some secret injury or something but you should get paid according to performance. He needs to double his performance since the dogs cant halve his pay.

Grey Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
She-Rex has had ample opportunity this season to prove his worth, he just hasn't performed. He has gone from a strong line breaking ball carrier to a timid lost "nothing player"! We have all been guilty of saying he will improve but guess what, the season is all but gone and he hasn't put in one 80, 70, 60 or 20 minute solid performance. Stands flat in attack and shirt grabs or flops in defence. I agree with the comment that he should go back to NSW Cup, play up front and get some grunt back.

MYMUSTANG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Recently he's been playing better. I'd say he's almost twice as good as he was at the start of the year as of this post, because he played bad footy at the start of this year. He's been getting better and he'll be good come later. It's the price tag that gets people rustled.
Agree, but I think it coincides with the fact he is playing less Minutes!!! Not an 80min type player!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
T-Rex to explode this weekend and lead the doggies to glory through the finals series. I expect at least 100 thumbs up after he gets MOM against the panthers.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*ahem. Not even one like! This system is flawed!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T-Rex will rise to the occasion come finals, I regularly speak to close family members of his during our home games and most say he is still playing not to his full potential and at times can be lazy. The game against the Penny Panthers shows us he is clicking into gear slowly and will be a force come finals.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Recently he's been playing better. I'd say he's almost twice as good as he was at the start of the year as of this post, because he played bad footy at the start of this year. He's been getting better and he'll be good come later. It's the price tag that gets people rustled.

Maybe. I don't think its the price tag. He's just been a poor recruit. By putting it fairly our team is neither stronger or weaker with him in it. I hope that Tony realises his true potential over the next couple of weeks because we need him to!

Grey Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a lazy unfit slob, embarrassing to watch last night. You can't tell me this bloke is the real deal, he is looks totally lost when he is on the field, it doesn't matter how you break it down or try to rationalise his existance, he is a waste of space. Fans want Lachlan Burr in the side, this is the perfect opportunity, drop Williams.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a lazy unfit slob, embarrassing to watch last night. You can't tell me this bloke is the real deal, he is looks totally lost when he is on the field, it doesn't matter how you break it down or try to rationalise his existance, he is a waste of space. Fans want Lachlan Burr in the side, this is the perfect opportunity, drop Williams.
If we dropped everyone who played shit last night there'd be quite a few, Williams was far from the worst

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he made 115m last night (3rd most on the team) and 15 tackles. Alt of important ones to0 near the try line. He is getting better

B

bruisebrothers

He defended great last night. He also went looking for the ball. He did not have the impact we all want to see but he is definitely getting there. One of the better players on the field last night IMO

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played okay last night. Got involved when he needed to. He was nowhere near our worst player last night and deserves his spot in our team on current form.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looks unfit and heaps slower than he was at manly

sawtell girl9

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has never regained his form since he injured his back in origin and had that time off. It's probably why Manly let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.