Consolidated "I enjoy whinging about TRex" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Invent some set plays for him, Doga is right, he needs a sidestep to try and break the line rather than just fend every time, it slows him up.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He isn't a bad player, we just expect more from him considering his hefty price tag. Which I guess is fair enough.

To call him a waste of space is a bit extreme. Not playing to his potential sounds better.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
He isn't a bad player, we just expect more from him considering his hefty price tag. Which I guess is fair enough.

To call him a waste of space is a bit extreme. Not playing to his potential sounds better.
not playing to your potential in a team sport when your'e on good money which is taken from the limited salary cap is,in effect, a waste of space.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not playing to your potential in a team sport when your'e on good money which is taken from the limited salary cap is,in effect, a waste of space.
Thanks for the explanation of the salary cap. Appreciate it.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Playing much better football now. Needs to step up this week as he and Halatau are our experienced back rowers.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation of the salary cap. Appreciate it.
I didn't explain the salary cap though. I said that if someone is paid a good portion of it and don't fulfil their potential then essentially they are a waste of space.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't explain the salary cap though. I said that if someone is paid a good portion of it and don't fulfil their potential then essentially they are a waste of space.
No, they're not. Is Inu a waste of space? Is Barba a waste of space? (Don't answer that one) Is Kasiano a waste of space? etc. All haven't played to their potential this season due to various reasons.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? Waste is space is very harsh.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Playing much better football now. Needs to step up this week as he and Halatau are our experienced back rowers.
You got thumbed down. Kick and scream about it.

Wait for it...........

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
No, they're not. Is Inu a waste of space? Is Barba a waste of space? (Don't answer that one) Is Kasiano a waste of space? etc. All haven't played to their potential this season due to various reasons.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? Waste is space is very harsh.
Inu's defensive liabilties are becoming , if not already, a massive problem. Kasiano is one of the best ball playing props to play the game in the making but has been hampered by injuries.When he is on the field he makes a difference.Does Trex? Trex is playing below what he's been signed for and eating up a fair chunk in the process.Therefore the fact that we 'expect more from his hefty price tag' suggests that he is a bit of a waste of space. If Inu doesn't learn how to wrap the ball up in defence and how to not give away stupid penalties then he will be too very shortly

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Inu's defensive liabilties are becoming , if not already, a massive problem. Kasiano is one of the best ball playing props to play the game in the making but has been hampered by injuries.When he is on the field he makes a difference.Does Trex? Trex is playing below what he's been signed for and eating up a fair chunk in the process.Therefore the fact that we 'expect more from his hefty price tag' suggests that he is a bit of a waste of space. If Inu doesn't learn how to wrap the ball up in defence and how to not give away stupid penalties then he will be too very shortly
Now he's a bit of a waste of space? Can you be a bit of a virgin?

Agreed 100% with Kasiano, only other prop I'd swap him for is James Graham. Thankfully, we have both. While I agree with your opinion on Kasiano, some would say he's constantly injured, plays one game out for whatever, blah, blah, blah. See where I'm going with all of this? Just because someone doesn't constantly play to their potential, it doesn't make them a waste of space.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Now he's a bit of a waste of space? Can you be a bit of a virgin?

Agreed 100% with Kasiano, only other prop I'd swap him for is James Graham. Thankfully, we have both. While I agree with your opinion on Kasiano, some would say he's constantly injured, plays one game out for whatever, blah, blah, blah. See where I'm going with all of this? Just because someone doesn't constantly play to their potential, it doesn't make them a waste of space.
even though I'd argue that you can be a bit of waste of space on the footy field without it relating to the absolute nature of virginity, i'd prefer not to.

being injured and not playing to your potential is night and day. When Kas is on the park he makes a difference. When Trex is on the field he's a waste of space. Has been for 24 rounds give or take 10 individual minutes.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
even though I'd argue that you can be a bit of waste of space on the footy field without it relating to the absolute nature of virginity, i'd prefer not to.

being injured and not playing to your potential is night and day. When Kas is on the park he makes a difference. When Trex is on the field he's a waste of space. Has been for 24 rounds give or take 10 individual minutes.
Tomato/Tomarto.

Let's leave it at that. We're just going around in circles here.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Tomato/Tomarto.

Let's leave it at that. We're just going around in circles here.
Hardly. You've suggested that trex is not a waste of space on the footy field this year and i've said that essentially, after 24 rounds he has been. Most would agree. except you.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Uh-Oh! Most don't agree with me.

halpo

Waterboy
Reaction score
it honestly doesn't matter round here if you're correct or incorrect
I agree someone will always want to shoot you down in flames,which is healthy.on the t-Rex front I sincerely hope he does hit his straps especially at this time of year,seems like a good bloke and would like to see him have success at the club

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
He is just lazy there is nothing more to it. Got he's pay now he can cruise knowing Des will never drop him due to the fact it was all Des that got him here in the first place. I'm with Brandy on this, it don't take a year to fit into the team. He has had no form of he's past ever at the dogs.
I don't think he's lazy I just think he looks so confused and so worried to make a mistake he just stays out too much. Either way its not good for us. I don't think a player his age just sits back for his pay cheque. That's not really good for his next contract is it?

He will never get the passing game we have until he is so comfortable that its just second nature. To be effective he needs to play like frank and hit the line after a good play the ball or play a little wider and attack the smaller guys.

There's also no point trying to knock a guy over either if you stop going forward after that. Forget the big bunt and just steamroll forward big fella
He's =he is
his= it belongs to him

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Recently he's been playing better. I'd say he's almost twice as good as he was at the start of the year as of this post, because he played bad footy at the start of this year. He's been getting better and he'll be good come later. It's the price tag that gets people rustled.

Status
Not open for further replies.