Consolidated ASADA Investigation Thread - No Names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the same mail from two different people. One of them works for a betting agency

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
that sauce came from NRL banter, he posted that up last night on fb straight after the souFFS v Easts game

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its doing the rounds. As stated, not sure of its accuracy

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
that sauce came from NRL banter, he posted that up last night on fb straight after the souFFS v Easts game
Yep correct, just had a look. Its a total load of BS!

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just got this. Not sure of accuracy

Newcastle are next. Apparently seven players to be suspended. Jeramy smith will be exposed as the player who introduced danks to sharks and Wayne Bennett. Manly have 17 players still involved. Rumour has it they will be stripped of 2008 and 2011 premierships. Menzies has rolled over to ASADA. Des Hasler has been giving supplements to manly and Canterbury players knowingly. Sharks are just the first house of cards to tumble...
If i understand correctly the peptides being used were legal during 2010 or early 2011 and placed on the banned list later that season. Players still taking them last year and this year are the ones affected.

I can't see Des being in any trouble for Dank administering peptides in previous seasons, i think it has more to do with who was still taking them after the ban was placed. Also Flanagan was stood down for not stopping the drug taking practice.

Jeremy Smith could very well be in trouble if he took them after the ban.

I don't think Menzies would roll on his old team mates.

Flanagan and Co have been sacked or stood down by the club after a review of the club and management failures were found:

"Former justice of the industrial court and deputy chair of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Tricia Kavanagh undertook an investigation and legal review of the club's activities during a period in 2011 which are the subject of the current ASADA investigations," Ward said.

"The advice to the board from Dr Kavanagh's preliminary inquiries indicated that there were management failures within the club's football operations and other issues."

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brace yourselves for a sh*t storm come Monday.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We already know clubs are being targeted due to past issues.

A claim was made about X.
That claim was never released to the media, and the issue never heard of again.
I'm hearing this was due to powerful ammunition held by X.

In the meantime, someone who is friends with X, has let the cat out of the bag to ASADA.

Chaos ensues.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got this. Not sure of accuracy

Newcastle are next. Apparently seven players to be suspended. Jeramy smith will be exposed as the player who introduced danks to sharks and Wayne Bennett. Manly have 17 players still involved. Rumour has it they will be stripped of 2008 and 2011 premierships. Menzies has rolled over to ASADA. Des Hasler has been giving supplements to manly and Canterbury players knowingly. Sharks are just the first house of cards to tumble...
How can their premierships of 2008 & 2011 be stripped, when the supplements were only banned post 2011 season? You can't punish what preceded the ban, it's applicable only after the date it became enforced.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We already know clubs are being targeted due to past issues.

A claim was made about X.
That claim was never released to the media, and the issue never heard of again.
I'm hearing this was due to powerful ammunition held by X.

In the meantime, someone who is friends with X, has let the cat out of the bag to ASADA.

Chaos ensues.
What are you trying to say here? Are we screwed? PM if necessary.

Billy Bright

Waterboy
Reaction score
I only came back to Aust after staying with my dear old mum in London so I dont know the full sp but Essendon seem to be in the clear after the scandal over drugs.

I reckon this ASADA lot went to Cronulla because they knew the club was shaky and they would give up their players easy.

But how did ASADA know, somebody obviously grassed them up.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How can their premierships of 2008 & 2011 be stripped, when the supplements were only banned post 2011 season? You can't punish what preceded the ban, it's applicable only after the date it became enforced.
Agreed. ASADA are investigating the Sharks for the 2011 season but the supplements were legal in 2011. I would think they need to be investigating the 2012 season??

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
This whole thing is a fkn mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you trying to say here? Are we screwed? PM if necessary.
He is saying what we posted few weeks back about a certain player having so much of a high profile to be stood down. That's until a whistle blower blew this out of the water for that player...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What that guy posted is a load of sh1t I wouldn't worry about it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
F#ck ASADA, they timed this to cause maximum damage to the club right on round 1, weak as piss.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Just saw on fox 513 an interview from this morning, what has happened at the Sharks is just a blueprint for what will happen for several other clubs in the NRL and AFL over the next month or two

Status
Not open for further replies.