Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is the plodder?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its McDonnell who came over from the Tigers earlier this year. Given his track record with finding good young players at the Tigers over the past 5 years if he said let him go then there must be another reason. For example, does the kid have some sort of injury or weakness that will stop him from becoming a long term FG player? I don't know but sometimes things aren't that clear.
No the issue was with the way the coaching staff and trainers handle themselves and the players. Some players with half the ability who couldn't pass both ways were given unlimited opportunities and other more talented players were isolated because they weren't 'favourites'. That is only a part of it and I appreciate this happens at all levels of sport, there is more to this as im sure you can gather but the overall summary was that the place was a complete and utter mess and it was driven from Hasler down but Hasler wont mingle with anyone 'beneath' himself and has spread a filthy vibe throughout the place, hence the disgraceful results we are seeing now and will do for a while longer.

Change is a comin' though

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No the issue was with the way the coaching staff and trainers handle themselves and the players. Some players with half the ability who couldn't pass both ways were given unlimited opportunities and other more talented players were isolated because they weren't 'favourites'. That is only a part of it and I appreciate this happens at all levels of sport, there is more to this as im sure you can gather but the overall summary was that the place was a complete and utter mess and it was driven from Hasler down but Hasler wont mingle with anyone 'beneath' himself and has spread a filthy vibe throughout the place, hence the disgraceful results we are seeing now and will do for a while longer.

I believe you mate. In fact I know a young bloke, who plays park footy and does a bit of part time work for the NRL. He goes from club to club doing different things which isn't important but he has nothing but bad words for Hasler. As you have described, his view is that Des treats all young players with disdain and only talks to the senior players. He told me about it early in the season but I just sat on it as it wasn't helpful at the time but clearly it mirrors to some degree what your young bloke has said.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its pretty clear from watching HM SGBAll and Holden Cup that not the best players are given the better opportunities - it certainly helps to be related to ex players. Some of those who have run out for the HM and SGball over the last two years have been the most ordinary I have seen represent the club. Some who played in trials late last year and early this year stood out (not superstars but far better than most who did get games) but didn't get a game all year.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Did they have an opinion of the U20's coach/coaching staff? Team morale in the U20's?

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Th
Ok football related he was trouble also had incidents with browne and Pritchard
Didn't Barba's missus come to Greenberg and Hasler telling the story and they both told her that they would have to NRL and that the most likely outcome would be a suspension and possible sacking and then she withdrew the complaint? Then when media got hold of it Greenberg fell on his sword for doing what Barbas missus had asked?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Th
Didn't Barba's missus come to Greenberg and Hasler telling the story and they both told her that they would have to NRL and that the most likely outcome would be a suspension and possible sacking and then she withdrew the complaint? Then when media got hold of it Greenberg fell on his sword for doing what Barbas missus had asked?
Not exactly sure one minute theres a picture of a womans busted lip then it was " poor ben barba needs rehab" it was all a cover up for the little rat and smelled like shit from day 1 .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few things never worked out but Belmore should always be a good place with the history it has built up, the place a has a winning culture and it will always shine through eventually.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few things never worked out but Belmore should always be a good place with the history it has built up, the place a has a winning culture and it will always shine through eventually.
Hence the reason Hasler needs to be removed from his position.
Get the passion & rich history back into the joint. Thats our bread & butter.
Push the RESET button now.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Wow thats a lot of detail.. Can confirm the Reynolds departure was a huge sore point.
I take offence to the players being offended that Reynolds was let go. The guy is shit and offers next to nothing. The club isn't there to provide the players with a buddy squad. He has had a long time to take control of the team and he sucks. Foran might not be the answer but at least it's something different.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I take offence to the players being offended that Reynolds was let go. The guy is shit and offers next to nothing. The club isn't there to provide the players with a buddy squad. He has had a long time to take control of the team and he sucks. Foran might not be the answer but at least it's something different.
Reynolds whether you like it or not is a bulldogs junior and should be supported for that reason.. Plus he's not shit, he's great..with the right pairing he developed into a representative player who was a big part of the reason NSW won the origin series.

BELMORE

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds whether you like it or not is a bulldogs junior and should be supported for that reason.. Plus he's not shit, he's great..with the right pairing he developed into a representative player who was a big part of the reason NSW won the origin series.
Remember when everyone said NSW won that series only because Cronk was out?

They had a million players out this year, and NSW had a gun squad, and they still lost!!

moore.pls

New Pup
Reaction score
I think Josh was hard done by, Des wanted his mate here. We dont know what went on but if Josh wanted to stay on 600k I would keep him. He got 4yr at 750k, good luck to him.

Grahame Hughes mentioned unconfirmed rumours that Dean Pay has already signed for us. Hope this is true and the foran deal falls over. He's done nothing in the last 2 seasons that says he's worth 900k.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion Reynolds is a junior that we should have kept for the right money.
A very passionate player he never developed to be a leader, he is an off the cuff player who could destroy teams coming off the bench, as a business decision....He is not worth the reported $900K.
I sincerely say good luck Josh !

Status
Not open for further replies.