Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well I have that issue my blood boils when someone breathes too loud or eats loud. So I make sure I’m very self aware
I 100% agree with you :tearsofjoy:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They have those opportunities and all they do is yell on twitter and wanna kill babies lol.

Also, women didn’t even wanna work back on those days, as the majority of men had shitty jobs where death was a norm and severe injuries/illnessses. It wasn’t until the turning of the century did they really start fighting for equal rights coincidently when jobs started to become easier thanks to all the sacrifices men had made in the past.
Says a man speaking on behalf of women..lol..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Horizon forbidden west is free on PS+ wtf? It's only just been our for a year and it's already free, that's decent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Horizon forbidden west is free on PS+ wtf? It's only just been our for a year and it's already free, that's decent.
Yep. That's because the DLC expansion is coming out soon and sales have dried up. They figure they this will get more DLC sales.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. That's because the DLC expansion is coming out soon and sales have dried up. They figure they this will get more DLC sales.
Fucked if I'm paying for DLC. Is this game any good? I got bored with the previous one and I can barely remember how it even finished.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucked if I'm paying for DLC. Is this game any good? I got bored with the previous one and I can barely remember how it even finished.
More of the same. I liked the first one but got bored of it. Got bored of this one quicker.

Combat is fun, but there's just too much grinding and the ending is basically a "To be continued"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
More of the same. I liked the first one but got bored of it. Got bored of this one quicker.

Combat is fun, but there's just too much grinding and the ending is basically a "To be continued"
Sounds like I might have to drop the difficulty down if I'm going to make it through the story.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like I might have to drop the difficulty down if I'm going to make it through the story.
I played on hard until about a quarter of the way through then dropped to medium. It's fun on hard but some fights last a long time and if you die, you have to start it again. By the time I was halfway through, I dropped it to easy 'cause I just wanted to finish the game.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone got PSVR2 yet? GT7 on it is amazing. Took me a few days of short sessions to get past the motion sickness. It's kind of weird fighting the sensation that you want to hurl with a massive smile on your face.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone got PSVR2 yet? GT7 on it is amazing. Took me a few days of short sessions to get past the motion sickness. It's kind of weird fighting the sensation that you want to hurl with a massive smile on your face.
Tempted to get one, but there just isn't enough available. I would basically only get it for GT7, and I already have other VR racing games on PC. Plus, almost all of the games I can play on my Quest 2.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I need to try it a few time before buying, could possibly be a huge waste of money for me. I get motion sickness in the car so I'm not sure how well I'd handle this :tearsofjoy:

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tempted to get one, but there just isn't enough available. I would basically only get it for GT7, and I already have other VR racing games on PC. Plus, almost all of the games I can play on my Quest 2.
This is my first VR, so no idea really how it compares to the PC equivalents. I got it solely for GT7, but the kids will use it on other games. They are enjoying the Star Wars one a lot.

I was really looking forward to Motorsport 8, not sure how going back to pancake mode is going to go though now I've been spoilt.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I need to try it a few time before buying, could possibly be a huge waste of money for me. I get motion sickness in the car so I'm not sure how well I'd handle this :tearsofjoy:
Just have to ease into it. I felt like shit after setting it up, then managed half a lap at Watkins Glen and had to call it a night. Yesterday I played for about 90 minutes and still felt ok afterwards.

I've heard that making sure you are cool helps, along with chewing gum while you use it. I can vouch for having the a/c on, normally I hate a/c, but I had it cranked yesterday and it helped. I'm yet to give the gum a go.

If you can get past the motion sickness it's worth every cent.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have no idea what I have done, I am not tech savvy at all, so here is what I have done..
I unplugged my sons monitor from his PC while it was off and used it to test another PC which I have bought for daughter, it's a bday gift so being hush hush about it. When I put his monitor back I plugged it into the same port I took it out of now the screen doesn't turn on when you boot up. Tried different cable, different input and still nothing. Tried the monitor on another device and that still works fine. I'm stumped now, what the hell do I do?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have no idea what I have done, I am not tech savvy at all, so here is what I have done..
I unplugged my sons monitor from his PC while it was off and used it to test another PC which I have bought for daughter, it's a bday gift so being hush hush about it. When I put his monitor back I plugged it into the same port I took it out of now the screen doesn't turn on when you boot up. Tried different cable, different input and still nothing. Tried the monitor on another device and that still works fine. I'm stumped now, what the hell do I do?
If the monitor works elsewhere than it’s not the issue, could be the cable but you ruled that out.

simply discconnecting the monitor shouldnt cause a lack of display.

id you power down your sons PC before disconnecting the monitor?

Does your sons PC support a different connection type that’s also on the monitor, if so try that too.

Sounds like a bad connection or video card fault on your sons PC (possible but unlikely).

otherwise you need proper troubleshooting with someone who has access to it unfortunately.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really hard to troubleshoot without seeing the computer.

Is it a PC or laptop?

When it boots up, so you hear beeps?

Does he only have the one monitor or is there a second monitor attached?

Does the monitor have different inputs (possible HDMI, Display Port, VGA), and if so, is there a source button to change input?

Model of monitor would be helpful.

Also, try unplugging the computer and monitor for 5 minutes then plug them back in.