Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Talking of zombies, Dead Island 2 which comes out next week, has sparked my interest. Game looks amazing graphically, and the gore factor in dismantling zombies looks pretty sweet too. Not sure about the gameplay side of it, looks a little off with the impact detection/weight balance. Anyhow, I am still very interested. Just seeing their take on Los Angeles, has me intrigued on exploring the different zones of the game.

I enjoyed Dead Island but never finished it 'cause it became way too repetitive. I have a feeling this will be the same.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone here played prey, it's from the creators of the dishonored franchise, came out about six years back and from memory was amazing

(except for the ending which sucked imo)
It's the only Arcane game I haven't played through. Just haven't had time. But it's on my list of games to play through.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh! The graphics are just WOW.. I love nothing more than exploring a ‘real’ place..Like Spider-Man in New York..I read a review, and he found his apartment..how cool is that..and that was on PS4!!

ps.. Hell A..lol
Yeah, I love how they called Los Angeles, Hell-A (tongue in cheek) I find it even funnier that calling it Hell-A actually describes what real life Los Angeles has turned to.

On another note, Spider-Man on PS4 was such a good game. I also liked exploring the city.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I love how they called Los Angeles, Hell-A (tongue in cheek) I find it even funnier that calling it Hell-A actually describes what real life Los Angeles has turned to.

On another note, Spider-Man on PS4 was such a good game. I also liked exploring the city.
Shame about LA.. Yeah MD PS4 loved sitting on top of ‘Freedom Tower’ just looking around….felt really on top of the world..and just enjoyed swinging freestyle through the city, hearing the sounds of the traffic and people..felt really free man..and it meant a lot to me.

Miles Morales was superb..ended up completing every side machine..absolutely positively worth it.. Should have did it for Spider-Man..might still.. Great PS5 Spider-Man 2 will be on PS4 means I can play it and feel that freedom again..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been playing Dead Island 2. What mindless fun it is to just walk around killing zombies with a plethora of weapons in a apocalyptic Los Angeles. The gore, flesh and bone physics of slayed zombies looks so good. As I said, the game is just plain dumb fun.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Been playing Dead Island 2. What mindless fun it is to just walk around killing zombies with a plethora of weapons in a apocalyptic Los Angeles. The gore, flesh and bone physics of slayed zombies looks so good. As I said, the game is just plain dumb fun.
So you got it MD..glad you are having fun. I’m having a blast with something a little more tame..only just though..Return to Monkey Island..it is awesome.. Keep blasting away MD..damn brain eating, fashion failures, zombie bastards!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get it. Enjoyed the first and Riptide. Didn't finish either though, but they were fun.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm currently playing Jedi Survivor. Unless you're deadset on playing through the game right now, I would suggest avoiding it.

It's an amazing game. Great characters and story, and massively full world like God of War Ragnarok. And combat has improved (still not perfect, but good)

All that said, the game has huge performance issues. On PC it's apparently unplayable. I'm playing on PS5 on performance mode, and if feels like it's sitting around 40-50fps, but often dips to very low frame rates. HDR is broken and takes lots of tweaks to look just OK. There are other graphical issues that can make it look ugly at times. And there is many bugs.

But if you do play it, play it on PS5. All the issues aside, it's apparently the best you can play. On PC it apparently struggles on the best hardware available.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get it. Enjoyed the first and Riptide. Didn't finish either though, but they were fun.
It's worth it just for the hackin' and slashin'. I am having fun with it. May not have a deep story or that, but just causing total carnage is the selling point. So far, butchering zombies hasn't gone stale lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Redfall releases today on Xbox game pass (XBOX and PC). Created by Arcane Studios. Makers of Deathloop, Prey, and the Dishonored games. Never made a bad game.

Until now. All reviews have been brutal. Reports are that it's an extremely buggy mess that's barely playable. And even if you ignore the bugs, it's just not a good game at all. It has been forced into the Looter-shooter genre and it apparently feels like the Devs just didn't want to make a Looter-shooter. The result is a dull open world with terrible combat, crap loot mechanics, boring story, cheap "cut-scenes", and no redeeming qualities.

Bethesda (the current owners of Arcane) apparently told reviewers that they weren't allowed to release reviews until after the game was officially released. But some reviewers got the shits with this and started releasing reviews early.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently playing Jedi Survivor. Unless you're deadset on playing through the game right now, I would suggest avoiding it.
Getting sick of brand new games being released full of bugs and being unplayable, consumers are not beta testers. I've sworn off buying brand new games unless they come from trusted studios that I know don't release buggy games.

But if you do play it, play it on PS5. All the issues aside, it's apparently the best you can play. On PC it apparently struggles on the best hardware available.
Cough.. cough CP2077

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Getting sick of brand new games being released full of bugs and being unplayable, consumers are not beta testers. I've sworn off buying brand new games unless they come from trusted studios that I know don't release buggy games.
There was a period in peak Covid where games companies kept delaying games and the gamers understood. Now there seems to be many companies who refuse to delay games, and release broken games that should never be released.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never played Red dead redemption on PS3, bought a copy and I'm playing in on Series X since I bought one again after downscaling my PC and selling parts - looks great in 4k too.

There was a period in peak Covid where games companies kept delaying games and the gamers understood. Now there seems to be many companies who refuse to delay games, and release broken games that should never be released.
Poorly optimised for PC is the norm, look at the TLOU.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I'm interested in re-playing StarCraft and the Brood War expansion. I like the look and charm of the simple, original 1998 version. The 2017 re-mastered version though looks very good. I mean the gameplay is the same (or at least looks the same) and I'm sure the voice-overs are also the original and not re-recorded, but the graphics looks better.

Which would you recommend?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just finished Return to Monkey Island..outstanding Point and Click Adventure..It saw the return of original creator Ron Gilbert..and it shows..great humour and fiendish puzzles.. Loved it!

Reaction score
Just finished Return to Monkey Island..outstanding Point and Click Adventure..It saw the return of original creator Ron Gilbert..and it shows..great humour and fiendish puzzles.. Loved it!
haven't played that one yet, only the original monkey island. my fav point n click from that era would be indy and the fate of atlantis.
more recent one i liked was broken sword 5, it's similar to those type of games

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
haven't played that one yet, only the original monkey island. my fav point n click from that era would be indy and the fate of atlantis.
more recent one i liked was broken sword 5, it's similar to those type of games
The Fate of Atlantis is my favourite game of all time..absolutely love it..especially being a big Indy fan. Ooh yeah check out Return..it’s really good..and especially fun.. Broken Sword was great..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Fate of Atlantis is my favourite game of all time..absolutely love it..especially being a big Indy fan. Ooh yeah check out Return..it’s really good..and especially fun.. Broken Sword was great..
The Fate of Atlantis - is the Assassin's Creed?

I've always wanted to get into those game but never got around to it. I like the Splinter Cell series, and enjoy them in terms of Assassin games. Also Hitman series.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Fate of Atlantis - is the Assassin's Creed?

I've always wanted to get into those game but never got around to it. I like the Splinter Cell series, and enjoy them in terms of Assassin games. Also Hitman series.
Nah my man it’s Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis..it’s a point and click adventure.. Loved Splinter Cell.. Assassin and Hitman games I wasn’t so keen..

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I'm interested in re-playing StarCraft and the Brood War expansion. I like the look and charm of the simple, original 1998 version. The 2017 re-mastered version though looks very good. I mean the gameplay is the same (or at least looks the same) and I'm sure the voice-overs are also the original and not re-recorded, but the graphics looks better.

Which would you recommend?
Haven't played the remaster myself, but I have heard good things. So I would probably just go with the remaster.

It you asked the same about Warcraft 3, I would recommend the original. The remaster of Warcraft 3 was super broken.