Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Fate of Atlantis is my favourite game of all time..absolutely love it..especially being a big Indy fan. Ooh yeah check out Return..it’s really good..and especially fun.. Broken Sword was great..
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was excellent. Probably one of my favourite point and click games too. I remember it came pre-installed on my new pc that I brought at that time.

On a side note, this composer on YouTube recently orchestrated the whole games soundtrack.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was excellent. Probably one of my favourite point and click games too. I remember it came pre-installed on my new pc that I brought at that time.

On a side note, this composer on YouTube recently orchestrated the whole games soundtrack.

i remember you posting how it came pre-installed.. What a bonus!!
It really should have been made into a movie..rumours circulated during the 90s but nothing happened.. Would have been brilliance..

Great you posted the music MD..thank you..going to have a listen!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i remember you posting how it came pre-installed.. What a bonus!!
It really should have been made into a movie..rumours circulated during the 90s but nothing happened.. Would have been brilliance..

Great you posted the music MD..thank you..going to have a listen!
To this day, I still think that the Uncharted Series was based off that game. I know they were loosely based on Indiana Jones, but they feel more like Fate of Atlantis specifically. The games all have that kind of story to them.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To this day, I still think that the Uncharted Series was based off that game. I know they were loosely based on Indiana Jones, but they feel more like Fate of Atlantis specifically. The games all have that kind of story to them.
Drake basically is Indy..a guy in above his head.. But yeah now you point it out they definitely have that Atlantis feel.. Love the puzzles..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@MatstaDogg and @Hacky McAxe would love to see and listen o John Williams perform his musical scores.. In 2021 they were going to have a concert at the International Convention Centre performing all the Raiders music celebrating its 40th anniversary, but Covid was rampant so it was a no go..

Ps. MD I’m listening to the Atlantis score as i post this.. it is AWESOMENESS ..thanks again for posting..I’m in Indiana Jones heaven!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@MatstaDogg and @Hacky McAxe would love to see and listen o John Williams perform his musical scores.. In 2021 they were going to have a concert at the International Convention Centre performing all the Raiders music celebrating its 40th anniversary, but Covid was rampant so it was a no go..

Ps. MD I’m listening to the Atlantis score as i post this.. it is AWESOMENESS ..thanks again for posting..I’m in Indiana Jones heaven!
No worries champ, I thought you might hence why I posted the link for you.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Haven't played the remaster myself, but I have heard good things. So I would probably just go with the remaster.

It you asked the same about Warcraft 3, I would recommend the original. The remaster of Warcraft 3 was super broken.
Ok thanks mate. I remember back in 2002 my mate came over and installed Warcraft 3 for me on my PC and I had no idea what the game was. He then wrote down all these cheat codes for me to use and I got pretty addicted to the game. I think it was reign of chaos.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No worries champ, I thought you might hence why I posted the link for you.
I posted a comment and the guy who composed it replied.. I posted another saying i became aware of it because my mate told me on a forum.. I asked if I could share it with fellow Indy fans on Twitter. Waiting for a reply.. Again thanks MD for thinking of me..I have listened to em all they are superb!!!

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok thanks mate. I remember back in 2002 my mate came over and installed Warcraft 3 for me on my PC and I had no idea what the game was. He then wrote down all these cheat codes for me to use and I got pretty addicted to the game. I think it was reign of chaos.
It was an amazing game. Pity they screwed up the remaster.

If you put the full map/no fog of War Cheat code on and put the AI on expert, you can see that the AI cheats. They build a full base in seconds.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Fate of Atlantis - is the Assassin's Creed?

I've always wanted to get into those game but never got around to it. I like the Splinter Cell series, and enjoy them in terms of Assassin games. Also Hitman series.
I'm waiting for the next Assassins Creed. Finally they made an Assyrian/Baghdad version.

It's called Mirage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It was an amazing game. Pity they screwed up the remaster.

If you put the full map/no fog of War Cheat code on and put the AI on expert, you can see that the AI cheats. They build a full base in seconds.
I don't think I would do that lol. I mean the whole point of cheating is to fast-track the process. I like the items to be built faster and the supply limited exceeded etc... but don't want the AI to do the same.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don't think I would do that lol. I mean the whole point of cheating is to fast-track the process. I like the items to be built faster and the supply limited exceeded etc... but don't want the AI to do the same.
They've made so many of those games, I'm surprised they hadn't already made one there. Were any of the previous games set in the Middle East?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They've made so many of those games, I'm surprised they hadn't already made one there. Were any of the previous games set in the Middle East?
The first one was set in the Holy Land during the Crusades.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Redfall releases today on Xbox game pass (XBOX and PC). Created by Arcane Studios. Makers of Deathloop, Prey, and the Dishonored games. Never made a bad game.

Until now. All reviews have been brutal. Reports are that it's an extremely buggy mess that's barely playable. And even if you ignore the bugs, it's just not a good game at all. It has been forced into the Looter-shooter genre and it apparently feels like the Devs just didn't want to make a Looter-shooter. The result is a dull open world with terrible combat, crap loot mechanics, boring story, cheap "cut-scenes", and no redeeming qualities.

Bethesda (the current owners of Arcane) apparently told reviewers that they weren't allowed to release reviews until after the game was officially released. But some reviewers got the shits with this and started releasing reviews early.
Been playing because I'm an Arkane tragic and enjoy open world shooters. There are redeemable qualities but also SO many issues. I have to open the game between 1-10 times before it stops crashing and lets me in. The AI might as well have brain damage. There also endless gfx glitches.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haven't played the remaster myself, but I have heard good things. So I would probably just go with the remaster.

It you asked the same about Warcraft 3, I would recommend the original. The remaster of Warcraft 3 was super broken.
Hey do you have any more info on how badly the Warcraft 3 remaster was? I'm just thinking that having it instead of Reign of Chaos and then installing Frozen Throne might not be worth the pain. I think in the remaster they come together.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey do you have any more info on how badly the Warcraft 3 remaster was? I'm just thinking that having it instead of Reign of Chaos and then installing Frozen Throne might not be worth the pain. I think in the remaster they come together.
This covers it pretty well

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this a PR stunt for the release of Diablo 4 on 6/6?

Probably. Not the best idea though 'cause the Devil died in Diablo 2. It's Lilith (mother of demons) in Diablo 4.

Side note, got it pretty cheap. There was a bug on the XBOX store. You could buy Diablo 4 for $110, then upgrade to the ultimate edition for $44, then cancel cancel the $110 purchase and you got the ultimate edition for $44.

I expected Microsoft to cancel it but nope. Works fine. Already played a few hours.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Probably. Not the best idea though 'cause the Devil died in Diablo 2. It's Lilith (mother of demons) in Diablo 4.

Side note, got it pretty cheap. There was a bug on the XBOX store. You could buy Diablo 4 for $110, then upgrade to the ultimate edition for $44, then cancel cancel the $110 purchase and you got the ultimate edition for $44.

I expected Microsoft to cancel it but nope. Works fine. Already played a few hours.
Any good so far?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Is she hot?!