Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did either of you play Fahrenheit / The Indigo Prophecy? One of my all time favourite games. Twas so engrossing.

That was another Quantic Dream game like heavy rain and Detroit.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did either of you play Fahrenheit / The Indigo Prophecy? One of my all time favourite games. Twas so engrossing.

That was another Quantic Dream game like heavy rain and Detroit.
Yes, I played it on the ps2. I've played Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human.

I liked them for being something different, just like I liked Until Dawn which is like a Quantic Dream game but is a horror.

Talking of Until Dawn, Suppermassive Games who made it have a new game coming out next month called Man Of Medan, which is a horror game loosely based around the story of the mystery of the ghost ship SS Ourang Medan.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody David Cage games. Fahrenheit was awesome but everything after that was rubbish. Until Dawn was great 'cause Cage had nothing to do with it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, this is the one MatstaDogg was talking about. Saw the trailer the other day. Overly dramatic trailer but it looks like a really interesting coop experience similar to A Way Out

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW, this is the one MatstaDogg was talking about. Saw the trailer the other day. Overly dramatic trailer but it looks like a really interesting coop experience similar to A Way Out
You forgot the link or video there my brother. I actually watched a video the other day of like 20 minutes of game play with them playing co op. Interesting thing is there is no in game chat so you can not talk to each other while playing, which for the type of game it is I think that feature is cool. Of course you can probably get around that in private chat but that may take away from the experience of not knowing what your partner is up to.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trailer for The Witcher Tv show that is coming to Netflix. I am keen to see what it is like and hope they do it justice. Still not too impressed by the casting though, more so Yennefer than Geralt and Ciri. The chick that is playing Yen just isn't right as she looks nothing like Yen is supposed to. Anyway I'm still going to give it a chance.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You forgot the link or video there my brother. I actually watched a video the other day of like 20 minutes of game play with them playing co op. Interesting thing is there is no in game chat so you can not talk to each other while playing, which for the type of game it is I think that feature is cool. Of course you can probably get around that in private chat but that may take away from the experience of not knowing what your partner is up to.
Dammit. I get distracted easily. Here's the trailer

@Mr Invisible

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Trailer for The Witcher Tv show that is coming to Netflix. I am keen to see what it is like and hope they do it justice. Still not too impressed by the casting though, more so Yennefer than Geralt and Ciri. The chick that is playing Yen just isn't right as she looks nothing like Yen is supposed to. Anyway I'm still going to give it a chance.

Spent their casting budget all on Cavill lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting concept.. I just hope it doesn't focus too much on multiplayer and neglect single story mode.

Can't be too far off "Uncanny Valley" in these games with the level of realism.
Single player is still the same. Single player you play as all characters. Co op is the same as single player except you only play as certain characters while your co op buddy plays the others. Co op is just a different way to play the story.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of the Witcher, this game looks like a cross between Witcher 3, Monster Hunter and Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Single player is still the same. Single player you play as all characters. Co op is the same as single player except you only play as certain characters while your co op buddy plays the others. Co op is just a different way to play the story.
Ahh neat. I was fearing a Hidden Agenda type approach.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the Witcher, this game looks like a cross between Witcher 3, Monster Hunter and Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Looks interesting and you definitely described it well as I was thinking the same thing.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh neat. I was fearing a Hidden Agenda type approach.
Suppermassive's main thing is the single player story, the co op is just an added bonus. It pretty much works the same as Until Dawn did just a complete new story set in a different setting.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just realized I got Until Dawn and Heavy Rain confused again.

Fired up The Last Of Us tonight. Longest I've ever played the PS4 for. Gees it gets you right in the feels from the start.

Me: Oh fuck an infected *pew* *pew* *pew*
Also me: Ahh crap I just wasted all that ammo and still missed him... oh well I'll just let my lady friend deal with them whilst I run away with haste. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The new Wolfenstein games are some of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately it sounds like the new one is rubbish

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The new Wolfenstein games are some of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately it sounds like the new one is rubbish

Yeah I'm gonna pass on this one. The twins just seem annoying as shit. Half the reason people loved Wolfenstein was because of BJ. As Mr I said, going all PC may come back to bite Bethesda in the butt. Bethesda dropping the ball of late with Fallout 76 being a flop and I'm sure this will flop too. You just have to read the comments on the video to see people are not impressed.