Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looking at the game sales I just realised i've never played Skyrim or The Witcher...Soo where do I start?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at the game sales I just realised i've never played Skyrim or The Witcher...Soo where do I start?
Both are good but I liked The Witcher more. Depends also if you are playing on console or pc, as pc there are tons of mods for Skyrim. But yeah, as I said before like both but Witcher for me.

The Witcher is a more adult orientated game, more violent, sex and bad language with a really great story.

I actually just started playing Witcher 3 again at the moment.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Both. Just quit your job.

Depends what type of gameplay you like. Witcher 3 is more difficult, it's focused on sword play with some spells and items, it's more cinematic. Skyrim has a wider variety of play (sword and shield, spell casting, daggers, crossbows, etc), it has more side missions, millions of mods.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Both. Just quit your job.

Depends what type of gameplay you like. Witcher 3 is more difficult, it's focused on sword play with some spells and items, it's more cinematic. Skyrim has a wider variety of play (sword and shield, spell casting, daggers, crossbows, etc), it has more side missions, millions of mods.
I remember this guy told me that one of his mates actually took 1 week off work when a new game came out (I think it was GTA 4 from memory) and just dedicated that week to playing it. Then immediately went to JB or EB games - wherever he bought it from - and sold it back to them as a 2nd hand game to get as much money as he could back from them. Quite sad IMO.

If a new game comes out, what I like to do is play 1 mission every gaming session... try to get a lot of time out of it and enjoy it slowly. When I finish it, if I actually enjoyed it and wouldn't mind playing it again... then keep it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember this guy told me that one of his mates actually took 1 week off work when a new game came out (I think it was GTA 4 from memory) and just dedicated that week to playing it. Then immediately went to JB or EB games - wherever he bought it from - and sold it back to them as a 2nd hand game to get as much money as he could back from them. Quite sad IMO.

If a new game comes out, what I like to do is play 1 mission every gaming session... try to get a lot of time out of it and enjoy it slowly. When I finish it, if I actually enjoyed it and wouldn't mind playing it again... then keep it.
It's worse these days. EB Games has the satisfaction clause. So if you finish a game in a few days then you can return it to EB Games and say that you didn't enjoy it and they give you a full refund.

I try to avoid rushing games but if I spend too much time off a game then I never play it again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's worse these days. EB Games has the satisfaction clause. So if you finish a game in a few days then you can return it to EB Games and say that you didn't enjoy it and they give you a full refund.

I try to avoid rushing games but if I spend too much time off a game then I never play it again.
Hey that EB clause is awesome, saved me when AC Unity was released hahaha.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh shitballs.. jinxed myself. NBN is down and it's in NBNCos hands as Telstra can't get any data or power stats back from my fibre connection, so it's outside Telstra network my issue.

Mobile internet has never seemed so slow.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhh shitballs.. jinxed myself. NBN is down and it's in NBNCos hands as Telstra can't get any data or power stats back from my fibre connection, so it's outside Telstra network my issue.

Mobile internet has never seemed so slow.
I'm in the same boat. Moved to a new place and found out that thee cables under my road are shorted. Waiting on NBN Co to fix it. Tempted to just re-run the cables myself.

Doesn't help that 4G constantly drops out in this area. It gets 90mb/s when it's working but drops out every few minutes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Moved to a new place and found out that thee cables under my road are shorted. Waiting on NBN Co to fix it. Tempted to just re-run the cables myself.

Doesn't help that 4G constantly drops out in this area. It gets 90mb/s when it's working but drops out every few minutes
How the hell did they manage that.

If they need to run a new lead in cable I'm just down the road from the node.

I'm getting 2 bars 4G apparently 25mbit down / 20mbit up. Yet feels like ADSL to me.

At our old place we were down the road from a tower and used to get 60-80mbit over 4G all the time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay in fairness.... Telstra pulled out all stops on this one. VERY impressed.

3PM yesterday - internet drops completely and my testing indicates fibre outage.
4PM yesterday - call Telstra and the tech actually listens when I mention I'm in IT. Runs a port check, port reset, and then checks on their end and gets some wacky attenuation stats indicating a fibre fault. Agrees with me the fault is outside our house and on the WAN side of the NBN NTD. Organises for NBN contractor to attend between 1 and 5 pm today.
1PM today - nothing.
4:50PM today - called to advise tech is running late and will be here around 7PM.
7PM today - tech rolls up. Runs a series of tests and confirms the attenuation is WAY out of guidelines. Does some more testing, heads to the node, pulls my fibre cable and cleans it. Heads to the pit, notices fibre joiner slightly disconnected and fibre is dirty so cleans it. Heads to side of house and checks box, cleans fibre regardless. BOOM up comes the fibre working a treat, and back to normal operations and speed.
8PM today - tech leaves and heads home.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay in fairness.... Telstra pulled out all stops on this one. VERY impressed.

3PM yesterday - internet drops completely and my testing indicates fibre outage.
4PM yesterday - call Telstra and the tech actually listens when I mention I'm in IT. Runs a port check, port reset, and then checks on their end and gets some wacky attenuation stats indicating a fibre fault. Agrees with me the fault is outside our house and on the WAN side of the NBN NTD. Organises for NBN contractor to attend between 1 and 5 pm today.
1PM today - nothing.
4:50PM today - called to advise tech is running late and will be here around 7PM.
7PM today - tech rolls up. Runs a series of tests and confirms the attenuation is WAY out of guidelines. Does some more testing, heads to the node, pulls my fibre cable and cleans it. Heads to the pit, notices fibre joiner slightly disconnected and fibre is dirty so cleans it. Heads to side of house and checks box, cleans fibre regardless. BOOM up comes the fibre working a treat, and back to normal operations and speed.
8PM today - tech leaves and heads home.
Nice. I had an NBN tech originally booked for sometime between 1pm-5pm last Wednesday. He turned up at 12pm and started testing the street. That's when he found the short and advised that the civil team would be in contact within 5 working days to get started on it.

5 working days later and I haven't heard anything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nice. I had an NBN tech originally booked for sometime between 1pm-5pm last Wednesday. He turned up at 12pm and started testing the street. That's when he found the short and advised that the civil team would be in contact within 5 working days to get started on it.

5 working days later and I haven't heard anything.
Strange! ... I ended up calling NBNCo yesterday to confirm the job was even booked in (as I had an issue in the past where Telstra said a tech was coming and they didn't book him in).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Strange! ... I ended up calling NBNCo yesterday to confirm the job was even booked in (as I had an issue in the past where Telstra said a tech was coming and they didn't book him in).
TPG ended up calling this afternoon and said that they have been in contact with the NBN and they plan to fix the issue in one month. So no internet for a month.

Good thing I have plenty of 4G data, if only I could get it to work properly.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
TPG ended up calling this afternoon and said that they have been in contact with the NBN and they plan to fix the issue in one month. So no internet for a month.

Good thing I have plenty of 4G data, if only I could get it to work properly.
Fark that. Literally a day after I get my internet fixed, and Telstra have a 7 HR scheduled outage until 6-8pm tonight.

Total pain in the arse.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand they fucked it.

Fucking idiot contractor created the very same issue that another solved literally 24 hrs before hand.

If it wasn't illegal I'd lift the pit and fix it myself.

Either the connectors fucked, or fibre is dirty again.

Fingers crossed I get the same contractor as the other night, because I'll get him to put in a complaint as well about it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably my favourite game.
It's definitely up there in my top 5 a long with The Witcher 3 which you asked about the other day. Both single player story driven games that take you on a ride of emotions throughout the journey. Both are masterpieces in gaming.