Comments after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Roberts was IMO our best on the field, involved in everything! That combination between him/tonga and utai or winitana was amazing.
- Brad Morrin - great effort...alot of people have been giving you heaps but you played very well tonight and deserve to be wrapped
- Kane Cleal - another great performance...unlucky not to get a try from a pass that went maybe 5cm forward. Ran hard as always and made plenty of metres
- Tim Winitana - this guy is UNBELIEVABLE under the high ball...he jumps a mile in the air, exactly what we need! never looked troubled at all by the high ball...if Utai is out next week (hopefully), give this guy a spot on the wing and bring Millard into the centres. I honestly think this could be our best backline
- Dogs fans - you are awesome! The crowd was probably 50/50 but we made far more noise...it was pretty amazing sitting in the dogs army at the end there with the fireworks from the easter show going off as the players walked back after the Patten try. Best thing i've felt in a long time.
- Great performance, but we've still got plenty of work. We can honestly contest the title this year though...Without SBW we just lifted in that 2nd half and managed a great win. We still have lots to work on if we wanna challenge Melbourne/Broncos/etc. but we definately have it in us.

Now i can enjoy my long weekend in peace!

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah ... Roberts looked real dangerous in attack especially when he took the line on.
Winitana ---- massive difference when hes on the wing --> he looked so more confident and i hope folkesy keeps him there next week whether or not utai is fit. Under the highball he was superb!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great preformance only person that gave me the ****s was holdsworth with his drop balls, Reminded me of anasta in the 04 gf.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
-
Now i can enjoy my long weekend in peace!
Dude, I could not possibly agree with you more on this point!...
(as well as evrything else you wrote.)

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
Great preformance only person that gave me the ****s was holdsworth with his drop balls, Reminded me of anasta in the 04 gf.
Corey Hughes gives me the s h i t s every week... he is useless...

TheBearHunter

Guard Dog.
Reaction score
only one comment BEN IKIN YOU ****

bustling BEN LOWE???? I dont farkin think so !!

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just love winning friday night games...you can enjoy all the footy over the weekend knowing you've already won!

Holdsworth ****ted me too with his drop balls, kicking dead on the full etc. but he kinda made up for it putting patten over and kicking the field goal to seal it

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
Also forgot..

Congrats Folkes on your first win for 08'

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
DJ's field goal in no way made up for his otherwise crap game.

Williams and Cleal were clear standouts in the forwards.

Roberts was on the ball, which was a real relief seeing as DJ and Reni were in lala land.

Utai coming off was the best silver lining of all time.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
holdsworth was really sh!ttin me tbh...but i was very impressed with winitana tonight...awesome game by him...dunno if anyone saw...but the best part was when the army was geein up kane to take kick returns lol

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh i can never remember specifics, but winitana played agreat game..put him on the wing!!! lol

And there were fire works?! News to me, was too busy paying attention haha

Excellent game to watch, from my perspective. Constant entertainment, and many coronary attacks waiting to happen!

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys looked like they really played for each other tonight - a gutsy second half effort

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
We have a little bit more depth then we probably all thought we'd have. Obviously when fit SBW Ryan and Reni will be automatics as will I suspect Koup, but now we're going to have mass competition for places . Hickey and Armit came in tonight and really laid down the gauntlet.

The defence period midway through the 2nd half was great. Thought patten had an uncharacteristic match in places but was still their when the whips were cracking. Can see Reni moving to 6 and Roberts to 7, or even Sullivan in to 7 if Holdsworth doesn't pick up...he does some good things and his kicking game was better tonight but was still patchy

80fic...

Hughes, Utai, Holdsworth. Gone, hopefully folkes was watching the same game as us

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Great 2nd half dogs! Roberts, Cleal, Williams, Winitana, Morrin - top games. Sully looked sharp out of dummy half too. Can't see Holdsworth being there too long. Didn't see the fireworks, maybe I was too far down. Was right at the front.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i wasnt at the game. herd holdsworth went ok and roberts absolutely carved.. and patten and clean did well

can som1 give me how evry1 went

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
holdsworth played ok but made way too many mistakes. Roberts literally ripped the rabbitohs and looked dangerous on every occasion. Winitana was just brilliant

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hats off to Sullivan. With out him the forwards would not have gotten the room to run at and the quick play the balls. This guy is a freak. Picked up where he left off with the sharkies.

He just knows what to do every time. Quality ball and he has speed out of dummy half. I think he was the difference tonight when we got momentum.

I would put him up there with payne, pj, and piggy. Such a quality hooker.

Not too far off what farrah does either.

Status
Not open for further replies.