Comments after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Not sure you can drop DJ just yet... he had some good moments and his defense saved us on a few occasions, but I do agree, he needs to be more consistent if we wants to keep his spot.. he was like a yo yo tonight.

As for this match, the first half I was impressed by our effort, but really annoyed at our execution.. we could have had points, but we didn't play smart.

Second half, we played smart, were more enthusiastic and got the points, great work there and I am so happy to get the win... :D

As for players, Williams was awesome, what a buy and he'll be another star for us, he's so determined and has great power.

Morrin hasn't redeemed himself yet, but he's gone a long way, a really committed performance and played hard.

Sull showed why he's a great hooker and used correctly by Folkesy tonight he really sped up our side, it was great to see... however I don't think Corey can be dropped... we don't have another hooking option... and I think Mick works best as an impact player... :grinning:

Armit was solid off the bench, Roberts was constructive and Patten was at his best at the back with El Masri... who saved us in what was some of the best scramble defense I've seen in years... glad to see we can still do that.

Overall, I'm really happy not just to win, but with the signs from that win... it's looking a lot better for us in 2008... :D

H

Haztrick

Brilliant last 60 minutes tbh. The first 20 were tough, we started poorly, but after that we did great, especially the second half. We had a lot of structure, brilliant defence. Dropped little ball and missed little tackles. Well done boys.

Player-by Player analysis:

Luke Patten: Not great, but solid. Defended well, attacked well. Another all round solid game from General.

Hazem El Masri: Again, defence was great. He defused all kicks that came his way and while he was pretty much MIA in attack, he proved again he deserves his spot. Great kicking apart from that last blunder.

Tim Winitana: Good game I though. Wasn't really tested in defence but he took 3 great bombs when filling in on the wing and he finished his try off nicely. Well done.

Willie Tonga: Very solid game. Was good in attack, good in defence. He's finding his feet again, which is great.

Matt Utai: Bye. Sorry he had to get injured but he had to leave the team some way. He was pretty crap tonight, again didn't jump for the bombs and did pretty much nothing.

Ben Roberts: Great. Very very strong in attack, did well in defence when tested. Was everywhere and doing heaps. Well done Benny.

Daniel Holdsworth: Dud. No way a half back. He had a very nice plays with the ball, especially to set Patten up, but apart from a few long kicks he did nothing great. Shouldn't be at half back.

Jarrad Hickey: Fantastic. What a performance from the big boy. Ran hard, played lots of minutes, lots of meters. Great.

Corey Hughes: Dud, Grub, Hack. What more can you say? Did **** in the first 20, went off for 40 minutes, came back on and shoulder charged a defenceless Isaac Luke on the ground. Then did jack **** as usual.

Kane Cleal: Solid. Some very nice runs, went hard all night as usual. Good job.

Reni Maitua: Improved from last week but still needs to improve. He did pretty well tonight in both attack and defence but does need to take it up another level or two.

Andrew Ryan: As usual a workhorse in both attack and defence. Well done.

Lee Te Maari: Quiet but solid I suppose.

Danny Williams: Brilliant. Man of the Match and well deserved. Just didn't stop and was awesome. Well done.

Michael Sullivan: Legend. If not for Danny he would have gotten Man of the Match. He was everywhere, creating heaps and his spark from dummy half really ignited us. Was setting up great runs through gaps, making good meters. Awesome buy.

Chris Armit: Solid, not great. Did ok I guess.

Brad Morrin: All you haters get that into ya. Ran hard and straight. Worked well with Sullivan I though. Stepped up nicely and did a great job. Well done Mozza.

Ahhhhh, winning! I nearly forgot what it felt like.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%.
Holdsworth did nothing. Utai is too risky in defence
It looks like Folkes did nothing to fix Mattys fear of jumping and contesting the ball :confused:

H

Haztrick

Folkes will have to name a new #5 with Utai injuring himself.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
two points
groom needs to play halfback and
maitua needs to play premier league as he
continues to bring nothing to the table.

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
It looks like Folkes did nothing to fix Mattys fear of jumping and contesting the ball :confused:
What folkes going to do??? If the midget cant jump and catch there nothing else to do but drop him.. but we are paying 200k a year for him.. there some hard club decisions that has to be made.. cut your loses and run.. is the only option.. that what a corp or business would do..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In attack we dont use his services enough, if we work the ball to his wing quickly and get an overlap or one on one situation, he will usually score.
It wouldn,t take much to give him some high balls at training.
I hope he is back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.