Opinion Commentators who hate dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our only revenge for that bias is being successful. We can thumb our nose at them.

But now,? All we can do is pick our nose.
We will thumb our nose again soon :tonguewink:

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are crap to watch and they are just calling as it is! They have made suggestions on what we need to improve and I don’t find anything wrong with that. The honest thing that does bother me is how some of them defend Pay lol

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think a lot of them dislike us . I think they sit there and watch the same boring shit we have to watch and they have to try make it appealing I don’t think it’s hate when they analyse the team too it’s stating the obvious

Scratcher

New Pup
Reaction score
The Bulldogs don't have too many allies amongst the commentators. Our club polarises opinion and in this down period, it really shows the real club bias from the so called expert commentators.

We are an easy target and cop a lot of negative comments, not many at Fox or channel 9 are kind to the Blue and White.

Looking at the Ex players

Greg Alexander - Great Penrith player and clubman but still holding some resentment to the Dogs (maybe from the targeting he copped from the Dogs forwards - especially in the 90's). Never got over it. If its a 50/50 call ......guaranteed he goes to the other team. One of the most irritating things a commentator can do is coach from the sideline and he has a lot of 'advice' for Dean Pay and Dogs players (and supporters)....great mate but just call the game.

Braith Anasta - Got his start at the Dogs and was a big part of Folkesy and 2004 triumph. Walked out of the club at the end of 2005 to go to the Roosters for big money. Has always resented the club for whatever reason ($$$???).... can someone explain? Big role at Fox League these days (really?), on Game day another one to focus on the negatives, struggle to remember him saying anything positive about the Dogs in the last 3 years. Number 1 member of the Roosters media cheer squad.

Corey Parker - another ex player that got hammered by us in his playing days. Admire his apologetic Broncos diplomatic style....... no worries mate but on game day we are marginal no matter what the circumstance.

Andrew Johns - Hates us, never waivers and maintains his anti Canterbury attitude. At least he's consistent. Number 2 member of the Roosters cheer squad.

Mick Ennis - sits on the fence but loves to give it to us when he dresses up the criticism. Reckon Des might have had something to do with that.

Paper hacks like Kent and Rothfeld give it to us at every opportunity.

Rabbits always had a soft spot for us but Gould has bagged the club so many times he doesn't bother with us any more - he needs all the energy he can get.

The club has had a remarkable run, not mentioning the 80's.....2 coaches in 18 years 1990 - 2008, great win/loss, memorable wins, superb defence, great players, strong internal development, always in or close to the Finals.

Things have changed since 2012 .....last 3 years the salary cap has been a nightmare. That is a modern day admin stuff up of the worst possible kind and the Club stuffed it up. Not the coach or the players.

Its perfect ground for the media to kick us around.

Dean Pay and the current squad deserve better treatment. Parra and Sharks games were 50/50.

On game day, the performance of some of the keyboard warriors on this Forum is really disappointing. A lot worse than the media.

They need to pull their head out of the shyte and look at the Club's history. They should have been at the 1974 Grand Final - Canterbury got hammered but it was the start of a dynasty. I was there.

But thats what the coach killers, player bashers and armchair media critics are really worried about - the Dogs could rise again to dominate the competition big time.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is always saying Gould hates us but I dint see that, he holds us up as traditional warriors of the code, saying we have a no BS grinding style etc. I get the impression he really likes us

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anasta did say With pride during the call that his best times were while he was at the Bulldogs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's also super obvious how the commentators have bet on the game they are calling and what result they need.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have the worst attack in the competition and people who are paid to have an opinion blast us? You people are fairies. Now back in the 2002-2012 days when we were the best but Benji Marshal Or Hayne would make one line break against us despite losing 34-6 and they would replay it over and over instead of discussing how good we were but those days are long gone

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I so wished we beat the Sharks yesterday so Hooper could give it to Ennis that we meet his f##king sharks in the Sunday night review. Alas it wasn't to be....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its something that I have been aware of for many years now, I believe that it is the cause of many of our club's problems, including in the area of recruitment and retention
I agree 100%, imagine from a young age where a kid is watching footy always hearing our club getting bashed/talked down by commentators so it then becomes normal to him, fast forward a few years later and said kid is now a professional footballer looking for a club but shrugs us off from that little voice in the back of his mind telling him we aren't good or etc so there isn't a point signing on with us and other clubs are so much better because its been drilled into him...

Same thing could be said for current or young players always seeing media about us in a negative way or always showing clips of players against us with them beating/scoring/making a break. All these little things add up and stay there in a person's mind that I believe 100% influences their choices as our brand always gets beat up, used negatively or our downfalls shown as an opposition players highlights.

Just imagine never knowing about our game or about the teams/players and seeing all what's mentioned above which clearly does happen then it's quite easy to make an opinion on our club being not good or something to support/be part in, now take that same mentality and compound it over the years with someone who is or wants to be involved in the game and you have an answer to why our club finds it hard to attract the right people despite winning or not...

I'm not sure if the club can do anything about this because it definitely hurts our marketability as a sports business...

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commentators give us a hard time, except when the conversation turns to Pay. Suddenly there’s praise that the players are “putting in for the coach” and he just “doesn’t have the cattle”. Maybe cos they know him so don’t want say anything bad about him?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve never heard any commentator act like they hate the club as much as some on here

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve never heard any commentator act like they hate the club as much as some on here
They don't have to watch us every week, unless they are poor bastards who keep getting 6pm Sunday games with us on.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking Brandy shits me to tears when he calls our games. If there is ever a close call involving a try with us, he always backs the other team. I have thrown many an object at the telly when he calls our games..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandy, Brett finch for sure.
Commentators who love the dogs sterling, Anasta, big marn, fatty, Lockyer, Gus and rabs

what annoys me in here is so many people are so
Quick tk talk about our team like they play every week to lose, we are the 5th or 6th most successful club in history , that’s why the above either hate us or love us, they hate us because we beat them good, have you seen our record against panthers? We trounce then. We also have best record out of any team against the Melbourne storm. Sterlo has great respect for us from the eels rivalry. I think it’s un Canterbury like to sack pay, I hate to say it but for the media’s benefit and the greater league community I’d give him a year with the squad he wants . Then if he doesn’t fire then we literally fire him.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is always saying Gould hates us but I dint see that, he holds us up as traditional warriors of the code, saying we have a no BS grinding style etc. I get the impression he really likes us
Agree ... if he was angry with us earler think he's well and truly over it now. He's been around long enough to see fair and unfair decisions by clubs and has since made plenty of those decisions himself.