CommBank Stadium

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It is definitely at least a 15 min walk. 5 min if you are an olympic walker or something.

I'd say Belmore is a 5 min walk to the stadium and it is basically on top of it. There isn't even a nice way to walk to Commbank, it is along busy roads with pretty tiny footpaths. Walking with 15000 other people will slow you down even more.
i walk with my son all the time there, easy walk imo, but each to their own. The bus home leaves from the leagues club so it is great getting the bus

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting some comments on parking. Appreciate most Sydney NRL stadiums are in the suburbs, but grounds should have excellent PT facilities and PT should be free to anyone going to and from the game, connecting to suburban hubs where people can drive to and park if they want to do so.

I also appreciate here in SEQ there are only 4 main stadiums and the two Brisbane ones both are fairly close to the city - but none of them have any parking (or extremally little). But both the Gabba and Suncorp have excellent bus connections to both the city and suburbs, and the Gabba will soon have its own train station. I wouldn't even consider driving to Suncorp or the Gabba (albeit i live very close to one of the express bus stops). I've been to the footy at Robina and got the train from Brissie for free no worries. Not sure what the PT around the GC is like to there or Metricon though.

The two main stadium precincts in Melbourne have similar set ups (with some parking though), but again all of the professional sporting teams in the city play within these two areas, both of which are well connected by PT.

I guess the suburban ground policy in the NRL in Sydney has pros and cons. I defiantly would like to check out CommBank one of these days!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is definitely at least a 15 min walk. 5 min if you are an olympic walker or something.

I'd say Belmore is a 5 min walk to the stadium and it is basically on top of it. There isn't even a nice way to walk to Commbank, it is along busy roads with pretty tiny footpaths. Walking with 15000 other people will slow you down even more.
Would an Uber save any time considering there would be a lot of traffic around, and you have to wait for the Uber etc (just curious).

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Would an Uber save any time considering there would be a lot of traffic around, and you have to wait for the Uber etc (just curious).
It depends. I feel like the traffic before game is WAY better than after.

I used to be an Uber driver and I would never be able to get near the stadium after a game, but dropping people off was easy.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It depends. I feel like the traffic before game is WAY better than after.

I used to be an Uber driver and I would never be able to get near the stadium after a game, but dropping people off was easy.
That's what I figured, just like most big events. Thanks.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.we are the biggest sydney club without a spirutual home ground

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still think a stadium in Liverpool should be built and be our own home ground with a few games at belmore.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been to Commbank about 10 times.. Parking isn't easy but I've always parked in the back streets about a 8-10 minute walk away which isn't too bad.

It's better than parking at Homebush and waiting 10 minutes just to drive out of the parking station.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was my first time being there on Sunday, what a stadium! We were in the legends lounge, which is something belmore could never offer without a massive upgrade. Was a little off putting walking in seeing Parra leagues club. But over all it’s 100 times better then Homebush.
can imagine when we are going well getting $25k crowd the placewould be jumping.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Second time at commbank, not bad stadium.You can sort of move around abit.Was sitting behind this lady and whole game she is screaming and howling, drove me crazy i had to move seats

Multiple food outlets, didnt have to stand in line 30m just to order food.

didnt notice my favourite krispy creme doughnuts anywhere lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why don't you all park at Westfields Parramatta where you get 4 hours of free parking and walk down to Commbank ... the walk is probably a slow and comfortable 20 mins

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is there going to be a tram stop at the stadium, or is that too logical for the council?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
my 1st time there on sunday too, and stadium is much better obviously for footy than Homebush
wasn't that far of a drive either comparably...
i got there about 320, parked in some carpark in Hunter street (carpark was dead) - 4 hours free parking
about a 10 minute walk down Oconnel st to the stadium!
i was with my 6 year old daughter too so not too bad

fyi - ive only taken her to 3 games before
Roosters/Eels/Tigers this season

nothing to do with Barrett...my daughter is the messiah

will be back for Sharks next Saturday
if we win again, she is travelling the country with the boys

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there going to be a tram stop at the stadium, or is that too logical for the council?
The tram runs along Church St not O'Connell. So the tram stop will be one block away, or a few min walk. Near Maccas.