Comedian Arj Barker asks mum with crying baby to leave show

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have a relative that didn't allow babies at his wedding. Really pissed off my sister and niece who were super keen to go, but couldn't. It was in a rural area and everyone who might babysit was going. So they stayed in Sydney. I was a bit annoyed for them too. It's hard to arrange big family gatherings with my family these days.

But a late night comedy show is no place for a baby. Just as I'd think twice about taking babies to see fireworks really young. If I showed up to a wiggles concert drunk and started screaming obscenities I'd be fine with being kicked out. I'll bet if dad was babysitting and took kiddo to a strip show, mum would pipe up about inappropriate outings.

There's going to be people on both sides of this argument. But it's a pretty logical thing to say I won't take my disruptive offspring to a venue where they'll ruin the enjoyment for others.
I’m yet to go to a wedding ceremony where a baby didn’t ruin the vows. I can understand it to a degree

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wasn't allowed out as a baby and had to wait until I was a toddler, even then I was on a leash. Wild that this baby goes to a comedy show, bet it didn't get any of the jokes.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went along to the movies back when Wild Wild West came out, sat back, felt a little annoyed that someone had brought their kids along, both under 3 by the looks of it.

If you've seen the movie the opening sequence includes a guy getting decapitated by a spinning metal frisbee of death. I guess the older of the two kids was watching at the time, because s/he just started screaming, unsurprisingly. Wouldn't stop. Idiotic parents eventually scooped up their kids and left.

That's a trauma for life right there. Age ratings exist for a reason. And so far as any comments around "required for life" are concerned, well yes, babies do need mum and dad, especially mum, which is why you don't take them places they shouldn't be.

I hate when parents bring their kids to the movies too. This one time got up and yelled at a mother in the theatre because of her noisey child... Ruined my Frozen movie experience...the nerve

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolute nothing story no need to be triggered kennellers.
i'm O fucks given except to say this dickhead is NOT funny, not even close.Berate them for buying a ticket at all ffs.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn't allowed out as a baby and had to wait until I was a toddler, even then I was on a leash. Wild that this baby goes to a comedy show, bet it didn't get any of the jokes.
IMG_8548.png
One of these

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yup. I had a full on meltdown in public though and my parents never used it again. They were right to use it in the first place though, I got lost multiple times :tearsofjoy:
My old man lost me in the Waikiki markets in Hawaii for four hours when I was 5. Full on meltdown haha