Cogger

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This forum defended Lewis for two years despite him not being able to pass along the backline yet Cogger makes a couple of late game errors after not playing properly for 6 months and is treated like shit on here is absurd.
He played really well for 70 minutes, he should have the poor decision of the field goal attempt pointed out to him, but it shouldn't count against him.

If he is as quick between the ears as he seems to be he is probably the first one to say it was the wrong call. Every decent halfback has had some hard lessons along the way, especially early in their career.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just keep him at 7 for the rest of the year.let him have a chance to show what he's got.

Good to see him take on the line and cut through to set up meaney.
Haven't seen a dogs half do that for a long time then foran backs it's up to set up doorey

If that was lewis he would have looked to turn the ball inside to someone quicker than him and most likely have found the "moving statue" tolman on the burst!!!!!
He actually did it in a few games last year and scored a nice try or 2.. which is what confused me even more about his exile...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He played really well for 70 minutes, he should have the poor decision of the field goal attempt pointed out to him, but it shouldn't count against him.

If he is as quick between the ears as he seems to be he is probably the first one to say it was the wrong call. Every decent halfback has had some hard lessons along the way, especially early in their career.
how long since his last game? he would have been stuffed also.
lewis cant do what cogger did, lets hope he stays

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only problem is Lewis and Wakeman has been retained. Negotiations are on going with Foran. So you literally can’t offer him another contract. And the shame in that is he has had 3-4 games of NRL this year. 2 have been off the bench. One was a non start at all. And has been dropped 2 times (most likely will be 3 if Lewis returns this week).

That lack of consistency kills a playmakers ability to develop.

And the board played its hand. We can’t move forward with 4 half’s because 2 won’t be fully utilised. Had we had our time again you’d give cogger Lewis money. You’d give wakeman a short extension to prove himself. And you’d either keep Foran or pursuit another option that can steer a team around the park.

One this we did see over the weekend was probably Forans best game in a blue and white jersey. Not saying Cogger was the reason. But he did control the game quite well. Didn’t over play his hand and did allow Foran quality ball (as compared to Lewis who loves to touch the ball 3-4 times a set yet offers zero in attack)
Why not let Foran go he is never going to be our future, that way we can keep Cogger, very likely for less money. out of lewis Wakeham Cogger one should be prepared to play CC which should be on again in 2021.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why not let Foran go he is never going to be our future, that way we can keep Cogger, very likely for less money. out of lewis Wakeham Cogger one should be prepared to play CC which should be on again in 2021.
I don’t know if Cogger has the game or experience to lead a team. He is a great complimentary half that does have a solid all round game. But I just feel he needs the experienced half next to him.

Not saying Foran is the answer. Ideally you’d have Kearey or Pearce or Cherry Evens or someone that level (which I know is not going to happen) and have cogger next to them. Don’t think cogger and Lewis would work. If we can ship out Lewis in the offseason it will definitely help us short term. Just concerned Barrett sees him as a good player. Last 3 years have shown he isn’t.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Not to be a fan boy. But I feel the first field goal, the pass from dummy half was a bit poor. So he rushed it. The second one I feel the tackled player was right under the post which is not ideal as you have to be directly behind the play the ball as a kicker (which allows the markers to run straight at you). He went slightly to the side. But as a right footed kicker he was on the wrong side. If he had his time again I’m sure he’d be on the left side of the ruck to Atleast have the natural angle for a right footer.

If he can learn from that and if someone can do some video with him what went wrong and how he should position himself in the future, I’m sure he’d be better for the experience.

Definitely looked like we don’t practice the field goal set up at training.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know if Cogger has the game or experience to lead a team. He is a great complimentary half that does have a solid all round game. But I just feel he needs the experienced half next to him.

Not saying Foran is the answer. Ideally you’d have Kearey or Pearce or Cherry Evens or someone that level (which I know is not going to happen) and have cogger next to them. Don’t think cogger and Lewis would work. If we can ship out Lewis in the offseason it will definitely help us short term. Just concerned Barrett sees him as a good player. Last 3 years have shown he isn’t.
If we can't sign anyone better which is likely, I would try to groom Averillo at 6 and Cogger at 7, I really think that they would really complement each other.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we can't sign anyone better which is likely, I would try to groom Averillo at 6 and Cogger at 7, I really think that they would really complement each other.
Totally agree. Averillo is the first player to come through in a while that looks destined for a proper shot at first grade. I don’t know what type of development he would get coming in and out at centre. I’d have loved to see him with a dozen games at either 5/8 or fullback to see how he goes.

Kid has bounced around the side as much as Cogger, Toomaga and Ogden. Funnily enough they have all shown something more then the players in front of them

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor cogger was one of our inform players last year and pay ruined him benching him and not using him,
We have talent at the dogs like young doorey kids need to be given a chance and they can shine with proper coaching.
It’s no wonder our team is to the shitter when we put Lewis week after week with same mistakes and expect a different result.
Again we ruin things by putting Meaney a developing fullback who was having form now we put him on the wing,
The kennel should be picking the teams no wonder Barrett has sacked all the coaching staff .

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor cogger was one of our inform players last year and pay ruined him benching him and not using him,
We have talent at the dogs like young doorey kids need to be given a chance and they can shine with proper coaching.
It’s no wonder our team is to the shitter when we put Lewis week after week with same mistakes and expect a different result.
Again we ruin things by putting Meaney a developing fullback who was having form now we put him on the wing,
The kennel should be picking the teams no wonder Barrett has sacked all the coaching staff .
Absolutely pay has plenty to answer for.. he put us back further than where we should have been..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I certainly wouldn't call Cogger "great" even it is as a, what did you say, complimentary half.

But I do think he is better than Lewis & Wakeham. Cogger's defensive is bad however.

Also I don't think he will even be at the club next season. Lewis & Wakeham have been extended.
If Foran leaves which seems more likely as each week passes then maybe?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't call Cogger "great" even it is as a, what did you say, complimentary half.

But I do think he is better than Lewis & Wakeham. Cogger's defensive is bad however.

Also I don't think he will even be at the club next season. Lewis & Wakeham have been extended.
If Foran leaves which seems more likely as each week passes then maybe?
Yeh I think he is gone. No way he is retained. Club played its hand in November by extending Lewis very very early on (not like people where knocking down the door to get to him) and the fact Cogger has been a reserve twice (once not even coming on) and has less games in the halves then I have fingers on one hand this season I think he is out the door.

Shame because I think with 1-2 full seasons he will do his job as a half.

And agree with you about his defence. But he isn’t scared to put his body on the line and put his head in a tackle even though he is just a speed bump. He just needs a second rower to protect him.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with going for those field goals. Brookes was further out and he got it. He kicks them and we win, he misses and it costs us an extra tackle. The risk is certainly worth it.