Cogger

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played really well for 70 minutes, he should have the poor decision of the field goal attempt pointed out to him, but it shouldn't count against him.

If he is as quick between the ears as he seems to be he is probably the first one to say it was the wrong call. Every decent halfback has had some hard lessons along the way, especially early in their career.
I don't think it was the wrong decision. It was just unfortunate that neither kick came off. If he'd nailed one people would be calling the club bastards for keeping him out of the lineup for so long.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think it was the wrong decision. It was just unfortunate that neither kick came off. If he'd nailed one people would be calling the club bastards for keeping him out of the lineup for so long.
didnt burton miss about 4 or 5 in one game?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It might have been the right decision if scores were level, but we were up by 6. As soon as I saw him going for the kick I felt it was the wrong decision. Better off a 20 metre chip onto grass and make them haul it out of their own 20. The earlier game between Manly and Knights saw something similar, in the lead by 4 with less than 10 to go, DCE kicks a bomb that ends up going out in-goal. On that 7 tackle set Knights get down and score and convert, they win the game. What was noticeable was that in the two sets Knights had in the remaining time they died with the ball in hand rather than risk a kick like DCE did.

Half TK is already calling the club bastards for keeping him out of the lineup, that probably hasn't changed much... On balance it has to be acknowledged he had a fantastic game. But that decision was wrong, especially given how important a win would have been, and how much it sucked to lose when we were in the lead with less than 10 to go.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if Cogger has the game or experience to lead a team. He is a great complimentary half that does have a solid all round game. But I just feel he needs the experienced half next to him.

Not saying Foran is the answer. Ideally you’d have Kearey or Pearce or Cherry Evens or someone that level (which I know is not going to happen) and have cogger next to them. Don’t think cogger and Lewis would work. If we can ship out Lewis in the offseason it will definitely help us short term. Just concerned Barrett sees him as a good player. Last 3 years have shown he isn’t.
So your a better judge than Barrett? Maybe you should of put your hand up to be the coach. So much goes on behind the scenes that footy heads like Barrett have developed the skill to pick players and help them develop. Sometimes they are right and they can help the player rise to the next level and sometimes they get it wrong.
Maybe Barrett can picture a universe where Cogger and Lewis are a successful halves combo. Can he make it happen? Time will tell.
But lets not forget how Des achieved what I still consider the biggest miracle in footy in the last 10 years...that was to simplify the games of Hokko and Reynolds such that they became the 1st winning halves combo for NSW in 10 years. Much to the amazement of every Doggies supporter.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
When did we last win a game with him as a STARTING no7 ?

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Had a good game today until the whole team decided to play horribly.

The way he held the ball up just enough to make space for Hopoate is something Lewis would have never done.

I must have been at a different game

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith,Holland,lafai, cogger,Lewis,tolman,Marshall king,kotoa,sue ,Chris Smith, bye bye

DogDayAfternoon

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure I’ve seen a player so fkd around as this guy. Showed promise mid season 19 then on the bench. Plays better than many others - not signed, and fkd around with like a yo yo. Young kid wouldn’t know if he should shine his boots or give them to Vinnies ... piss poor player management. Last two games I don’t think he should have been dropped. And as for bringing Lewis in over him. ...

I must be mad.or maybe it’s them